Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

So so sorry to hear of this new additional stress. I hope that something can be done about it. It's hard to have to heal in a couple different areas at once. We are all hoping for the best for you.

Oh no, not fair :tantrum2:. Food poisoning is awful, and on top of your other problems. I really hope things start looking up for you soon.
Tabby xxx

Food poisoning on top of your diverticulitis, enough already. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Oh my goodness! You have really had your share. I am so sorry. The diverticulitis pain IS incredible! it is like having a butcher knife sticking in you all the time. My pain lasted for 2 months before it started getting better. Please see a gastroenterologist. As you know, diverticulitis can be dangerous. I haven't stabilized my digestive system yet and go in cycles it seems. At least I am not running to the bathroom all the time anymore. Do you know what you ate that gave you food poisoning? You really do need to load up on the probiotics! Which one are you taking? I found Florastor helped me the most. It survives the stomach acid and makes it into the intestine where it is most needed. You are in my prayers for healing and comfort.

@Timetolive Thanks! I'm taking Culturelle probiotics. The doctor has just started me back on two antibioics as I'm still having sharp knife pains hit, plus some discomfort. I think the thing that gave me food poisoning was some nuts I ate. My husband and I ate the exact same thing for dinner that night, except he ate peanuts and I had some cashews, and I hadn't eaten anything else all day. (My appetite has been low since I've had the diverticulitis, so I'm not eating a lot) I returned the container to the store and told them to be aware. The nuts looked a little wonky, but I didn't think there was anything wrong until the food poisoning hit.

@Pumpkln Thanks! I'm a little better, the food poisoning has passed, but the diverticulitis is hanging on. I have to start back on a long course of two antibiotics, plus have another CT scan done. Not looking forward to my stomach being torn up again, but have no choice at this point as I don't want surgery and that's the last option if this won't go away.

Hi Tabby. Thanks for your care. I'm still struggling to get rid of the diverticulitis. It's lingering, and I'm about 3 days from finishing my recent course of antibiotics. I have to have another CT scan on the 11th, so will know more after that.

As for my knee, it's the same and is still keeping me frustrated. I haven't been on as much between feeling yucky and having to do other things as I can.
How are you doing lately?

I hope the diverticulitis will respond to treatment. I know two people who suffer with it and it really is awful. Medical tests are stressful too, which doesn't help pain conditions. Will say a prayer for you on the 11th.
I'm like you, frustrated with the lack of progress with the knee, I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with it, just the soft tissues taking ages to heal, or the RA flaring up. Still don't think everything I've been through in the last 5 months is worth it yet, but I couldn't go on like I was.
Hoping for better things for the both of us.
Love 'n hugs,
Tabby

Kim, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you feel better and get your knee sorted out.

And our Giants. sigh...

Kim,
Hope the CT scan goes well and you are on the mend soon. Sounds like your knee is taking the back seat for now.

Well, I guess I'm out of luck.....................

Attachments

• heaven.jpg
    heaven.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 229

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties