Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

:yikes: I fill like I am getting depressed and want to stay in. I can't stand walking because of the pop. It's unreal,I hear or and they behind me do to.

Everything I do make it pop. It's so frustrating to me. I am so tiered all the time where I can't relax. And when I do,I am wide awake. Just makes me wonder.

Does anyone else have pop,0r the noises I have in my knee. I try to excercise and I can't because of the agervating pop. Heal sides is odd to me. Any type of bend is to.

Walking for while helps but after 10 min I am done. Because of pain down calf and shin. Will it ever end❓

I did have noise coming from my TKR, especially early on and now just when I'm moving differently. My PT told me it was normal and not to worry.

I did have noise coming from my TKR, especially early on and now just when I'm moving differently. My PT told me it was normal and not to worry.

Check out my Videos. 8months tomorrow. And same **** starting again.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Hi @Angel1978 , I still had variable swelling at 8 months after my first TKR. It's not unusual to have swelling for up to a year after this big surgery. What are "heal sides"? The noises and popping sounds- I just don't know. What does the new surgeon say about it?

Can you seek counseling to help you manage your feelings of depression? Any surgery that involves a long recovery can make one feel sad and uncertain, and you've already gone through it twice. This must be so difficult for you. I'm really sorry.

@Angel1978 my knee does exactly the same yours does when I move it from side to side
My os told me it's the metal on plastic and that if it doesn't hurt don't worry about it

The key is does it hurt. My revision makes a little noise, but no pain. If your getting a lot of side to side your OS can check the looseness. My spacer upside took care of mine. Not sure if that will work for you.

The key is does it hurt. My revision makes a little noise, but no pain. If your getting a lot of side to side your OS can check the looseness. My spacer upside took care of mine. Not sure if that will work for you.

I do have pain. It hurts bad. Especially when I walk. If I'm laying on side and move it locks. And oooo there is deep pain. Sometimes it makes my leg jump.

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

@Angel1978 my knee does exactly the same yours does when I move it from side to side
My os told me it's the metal on plastic and that if it doesn't hurt don't worry about it

One os said normal. Other said no. When I walk I fill it moving. Mine does Hurt though. Like deep stab pain.

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Can you seek counseling to help you manage your feelings of depression? Any surgery that involves a long recovery can make one feel sad and uncertain, and you've already gone through it twice. This must be so difficult for you. I'm really sorry.

I'm ok. I take anxiety meds. But it's just depressing cause of pain. He is aware. There is problems. But he is so by the book. It's crazy. He said shadow on X-ray is scar tissue. He said alignment issues. I'm push somewhere is pics. Josephine did them. But he has to wait and go step by step. That is what kills me.

I went back to work part time for a company. I am health service aid. Which job duties is light. But it's still hard to get to moving. I don't do a lot. I'm more like a companion. I get to do clients hair nails make up etc. it's fun I have 2 ladies a week like 20 hrs. But still some of the standing and personal hygiene is painful. I don't show them.

When they ask me to do a job that requires squat I can't. I have to tell them. I've had knee replace and can't. So as putting on a shoe. I have to raise there legs. Thank goodness there partially mobile.

What is odd this altizmer lady had a knee and never had and still don't have pain or problems.

But with that I figured i go back for distraction. To maybe be less depressed. It' helps some. But bad is when I am in crowd. I freak out know like some one will knock me down. Or run into me like before. Sad on my part.

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Hi @Angel1978 , I still had variable swelling at 8 months after my first TKR. It's not unusual to have swelling for up to a year after this big surgery. What are "heal sides"? The noises and popping sounds- I just don't know. What does the new surgeon say about it?

Heal sides is in video I posted. Just put foot on bed moving side to side. It's gents but loud. And agervated me. He said it's not normal. Alrogmemt issues. But he has to make sure I'm not Alergic to the medal. Was going do blood test. But I would have had to pay 600 up front. And I didnt have that.

So know he will take and contact bi-met and get medal shaving. And I aside tape to knee and see if I'm Alergic. I have a tough swollen
pocket. On side. Pics show it. So I don't know.

All weird to me. It pops loud. I fill knee pressure when I walk. I fill sharp stab pain. I can't win for losing.

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

It sounds as if this surgeon is being thorough and careful. There's no point in him doing surgery and putting in a replacement that is properly aligned if you are going to be allergic to the metal. A metal allergy would cause you problems all over again.

Annoying and slow as it is, I think he does have to go through all these steps before opening up your knee again.

Hi I've just watched your videos. They were fascinating. My knees make none of those noises although I'd not done that movement until I read your post.

Please take care. I know it's really hard to stay upbeat during a long recovery. You are not alone. We are all here for you xx

@Nana moon 27.

Thanks for the post. It's scary to me. Especially when I fill it doing that.
When I walk it hurts. Fills like it's going down knee. Pops and I fall.

Xxxx

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Last few days has not been good. My leg has been hurting. With each movement I hear nocking sounds. Know if u see images. There is a not down leg. That is where pain is.

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1446919619.444751.jpg

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1446919639.511027.jpg

Sometimes I want to just lay in bed all day and not move. Some movements oh make me crazy.

Walking drives me crazy. Cause it hurts after short while.
I get like deep stab pain.
Seems I can't win for losing.

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Angel, I haven't seen anything like that lump on your shin. I'm going to ask @Josephine to have a look at it.

Hi Angel

Mmmm it looks rather swollen.

Celle is right, best for Josephine to have a look xxx

I'm not surprised you're feeling down right now but please remember you are not alone here x the pain, long recovery and little explanation is enough to get anyone down. I know it's easier said than done but think about when all this goes right eventually. The fun you'll have with your kids again, getting back into being able to feeling more able to do stuff and wanting to do stuff. It will come it's just taking time ((((((big hug))))) x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks