Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hello everyone!

I had a great day shopping and I went to Fleet Feet in Louetta to see Bonnie @RunA42K!:happydance:

Bonnie is so inspiring, and she will be at the marathon to cheer for me! I might not make the 4 hours, but who cares! I will finish!:happydance:

Of course I bought a few things while I was at her store to help me so I am going to do well! :loveshwr:

Hello everyone!

I had a great day shopping and I went to Fleet Feet in Louetta to see Bonnie @RunA42K!:happydance:

Bonnie is so inspiring, and she will be at the marathon to cheer for me! I might not make the 4 hours, but who cares! I will finish!:happydance:

Of course I bought a few things while I was at her store to help me so I am going to do well! :loveshwr:

You bet you will finish!! It was great to see you walking through the door today. Great to visit and catch up again. Just a little less than a month and I'll see you again!! You're gonna love your purple Garmin! Did you get it set up yet? It's the only tracker out there that converts your daily steps into miles. When you're outside with GPS you can get pace, distance and calories and it all counts in your daily steps too!! I love mine.

@RunA42K , it is charging as I type! I will have something to do on the "no frills" flight that doesn't even serve water! LOL. :heehee:

It was great seeing you again as well! You really lifted my spirits, and those orthotics are making a huge difference already! (Pretty good for a gal who "doesn't have an arch" huh?) :rotfl: Sorry people inside joke. Went to a shoe store in my hometown, and they told me I was flat footed. I asked them what the cut outs in the middle of my feet were then? :snork:

Well....

I RAN on the Alter-G treadmill with 35% of my body weight for 30 minutes! I set it at 4.0 and ran 2 miles in 30 minutes! I am going to increase the speed tomorrow, because I wasn't even breathing hard!:happydance:

I also weighed today and in a week, I have lost 7 of the 14 pounds I had gained!:egypdance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,

I ran 4.5mph on Alter-G yesterday and did 2.4 miles in 30 minutes. That is an avg of 13:20 per mile! Now the course people at the Houston Marathon are crazy if they think that walkers can maintain THAT pace!

I wasn't tired; but then again my knees were not being subjected to wear and tear!:happydance:

Well,

Yesterday and today's alter-g sessions have been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances!:bawl:

The stomach "bug" attacked my husband and my BIL and I! I haven't eaten anything since the day before yesterday, and have been pushing the fluids as they leave me soon after entering.

Last night, I finally started sucking on ice cubes, and would drink the water as it melted. It worked! It gave the body the much needed rest from the restroom, and desperately needed sleep!:idea:

Today, I am drinking again, but taking it easy. Naps are still mandatory!:alarm:

My stomach is growling, but I can't even think of putting anything into it at this stage!!!

Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

Now for the good news! My foot has healed from the bad arch sprain! The stomach bug was a blessing in disguise to slow me down!:happydance:

@RestAssured
Hard to believe anything could slow you down :heehee: I am glad you are resting & your
Foot feels better :) Try & eat a few crackers, it will stop the "Grumbles"
Feel Better,:friends:
Thinking of you,
Diana :loveshwr:

@RestAssured
Hard to believe anything could slow you down :heehee: I am glad you are resting & your
Foot feels better :) Try & eat a few crackers, it will stop the "Grumbles"
Feel Better,:friends:
Thinking of you,
Diana :loveshwr:

Well, actually, I probably got more exercise running to the bathroom than running on the treadmill!:rotfl:

My hubby and I got to share the day together w the stomach virus! Now how many other couples can brag about that! My foot feels great, my weight is at an all time low, since I started my healthy lifestyle plan, who can ask for more!:happydance:

My knees really appreciate both the weight loss and the Alter-G! I think I will build it into my program!

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg
Sure, an Alter-G treadmill is one that you put on a pair of rubber shorts that zip into a bladder. You push the start button and it calibrates your weight. Then, you can take up to 80% of your body weight off as the machine fills with air and lifts you up! I take off 65% when I am running! that way my feet are still doing the running; but the pressure on the knees is gone! I have an old picture of me when I was a lot heavier in the machine. Here it is!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom