THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
flowergirl good one:rotfl: I had to back in to my bathroom too. I have maybe buns of, um, well, cardboard? So I'm at the point where I can do bridges, yipee! :)

Dear everybody-- I haven't been on much, and for another week+ it will be even less of me here. I really feel badly-- I've not visited so many friends in too long. Here's the story, but flip the page now if it looks boring LOL.

We have SO much to be thankful for! My car had an explosive cooling system malfunction a couple of weeks ago, in the driveway. it could as easily have happened the next day at the top of a mountain halfway to our son's graduation (the infamous 400 mile drive...). So that's one car out of commission. No biggie, there are two more!

Hubby's car just got the kiss of death (it needs a new engine:yikes: ) at the shop today. When it stranded us Sunday, it could as easily have done it 1/2 mile further down the road, In. The. Tunnel! That's the one car out of commission and one car dead. No biggie just yet, we have another!

Our younger son called from 100 miles away soon after we received the news of hubby's car's death, to say that he had just rear-ended somebody at an intersection, and totaled "his" (the spare, 30 years old, beloved) car. Nobody was hurt, the other driver's car is barely scratched, but this spare car of ours has already been totaled once so it might have to be a goner. B UT: it could have happened at any time last weekend when our son was 250 miles from home, driving high speeds with 2 friends in the car. And our insurance covers the other car's damage. We have SO much to be thankful for!

So....tomorrow hubby is going to attempt to drive my car 100 miles to the shop, or get a(nother) tow if it overheats on the way. Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'm trying to get ready for next weeks' road trip to Cape Cod via Albany NY. I just rented me a little inexpensive car for 24 hours Wed-Thur, we seem to have run out of bananas and peaches, so I absolutely must shop LOL.. God bless Enterprise Rent-a-Car. And God bless AAA Plus and Geico. And God bless Paul's Volvo-- if they can't fix it nobody can.

So I'm apt to be doing other stuff till we get to the Cape Thursday next. Hugs all round, friends! :)

Thank heaven you are all okay. I hate getting calls like that.

Hi, zauberflöte ...Chris, you are a wonderful communicator. Sorry I didn't know what anything meant ... I am not the brightest bulb in the batch. I DO like to know I can do something, even if it's painful, so you nailed it.

You've had a lot of things going on, good news about your sons!! But all the vehicular madness. You're very lucky. So sorry you've had to go through all of that. Hope all calms down enough for you to enjoy your vacation.
Thanks for your support. Have a wonderful time on holiday and hope your new hip, old hip, and all other body parts comply and do not give you a hard time while you are trying to have a good time.

zauberflöte, just stopping by to say hello! I don't get much time these days to catch up with everyone. Sounds like you are a bit the same. I hope all your car dramas get sorted without too much hassle. I think I'm heading for a new (second hand) car myself shortly. Glad to hear cat is ok. My mum had a very young a cat years ago that got hit by a car and and her ball joint taken out. The muscles grew to function as the joint used to. She lived a long,17 years, healthy life and was always very strong (and stroppy!).

Hi Chris zauberflöte, like you I have been missing in action for a few weeks due to our elections - amazing how cars seem to pack up around the same time... Do hope they can fix the Volvo..

Hugs and love from down under xx

zauberflöte I hope everything is going okay for you and your family. You have been away for a long time. Seems strange not to see postings from you. Hope you return soon and let everyone know how you're doing.

zauberflöte Hi. It's been a while. Just hoping you got all the car stuff sorted out safely, were able to go to Cape Cod, and returned safely as well. Maybe you are posting and I just haven't seen it, as I don't seem to get alerts with any regularity anymore.
When you get a chance, give us a shout out.

Dear zauberflöte come on now stop hiding and tell us all how you are...we are missing your posts@#£%
Yeah....what Cliff said....I hope this means that you are feeling good and back into a routine. You are missed. Take care.
Annie

Hi zauberflöte I just want to agree with Clifford and Annie.You are a big miss on here and we would love to hear how you are doing.I also hope that you haven't been posting as you are busy getting on with your life.

Adding my good wishes and YOU ARE MISSED! greetings, zauberflöte. You cheered on so many people, it was amazing. Thank you forever for all of your help and support. I hope you and your family are doing well and the Cape was/is wonderful.

Thank you thank you thank you everybody who's been looking out for me while I was unavoidably detained! We went on vacation, had internet issues, then came back to the ordinary fall ramp-up to the "busy season"! No automotive resolutions yet, but we all are well enough, and I'm going to spend the next hour cruising the threads, catching up on people!! :)

ok, I've been here for an hour and 45 minutes and have gotten to all of 4 people. This is not going to work LOL! Best to everybody, hope to check in again soon :)

Hi zauberflöte,
I'm just back too after a few months' absence and it's good to see all the familiar fellow hippies. Hope the car issues all sort themselves out successfully for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker