TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. And, thanks for your replies to my recovery thread. I look forward to your reports this of this summer's trails.

Oh definitely, trails this summer!
Working on strengthening the ankle muscles this week with the stretch bands. Don't want a repeat performance of the ankle injury.
Here's hoping I get the go ahead this week from the dr to put on my hiking boots! :yes!:

Hi:

Didn't get a chance to read alll your posts(your are so popular!!-ha), but here's hoping you are making slow but steady progress. Weren't you supposed to get your knee done in May or was that a typo?? I was surprised to see you on the recovery side. I know in one post you siad that the Dr. is worried about your heart; did you have heart problems before and is he still concerned. Glad you are doing well. I look forward to hearing about your recovery!

I look forward to hearing about your recovery!

Hi Lexismom! :)
My right TKR was a year ago this May 29th. It's been a long road but slow and steady seems to be the key. Early on they suspected a possible infection because the xray was not as it should be. They did some tests and then put me back on crutches for a month as non weight bearing and lo and behold the next xray was much better.

Let's see, I then sprained and partially tore the tendons in my left ankle, walked on it for awhile which made it worse, and finally had the MRI to diagnose and treat. Lots of rest and wraps for it has made a huge improvement and most likely rescued me from surgery on it. I'll know more tomorrow at my next drs appt for my ankle.

Oh, and then pneumonia earlier this year. Hmmmmm..... I think that's all of it. My ROM has suffered because of babying the ankle, but plan to get that back to at least 135 ROM if the dr gives me the all clear. For once, I've actually been following the dr's instructions completely to rest my ankle.

So yes, between severe allergies and a heart condition that I've had for a long time, I appear to have so far have come through with flying colors. :yes!: That is flying colors on a barge moving slowly through the ocean; slow and steady as I said. :heehee:

My Gosh, you have been through a lot this past year!! Hopefully it is all behind you now; you seem to have the right attitude!

Hopefully it is all behind you now

Thanks Lexismom!

Seems everyone is pleased with my progress on my ankle, now it's just weak and needs strengthening. Will get some special PT for it.

My knee is due for a yearly checkup but seems to be doing fine. :thumb:

Working on getting rid of the limp, yet again, the bad ankle saw my limp return so practicing walking again.

But ....... seems to be things are working as they should.

Yes! I passed my latest tests on my ankle and got a great report that it's pretty much healed. From an ankle that was looking at almost certain surgery to now, that is great!

And I'm cleared to work with weights and use the more equipment in the gym. :yay:

Annnnnnd it's coming up on a year, a year(!!) since my TKR! May 29th! :yes:

@thethom
@bassplayer
@RICBAK1
@kfriedm

Coming up on ONE ENTIRE YEAR for many of us! :SUNsmile:
How is it for you on your one year old knee?
Do you feel like it's healed?
What types of activities are you doing now that you couldn't do before without pain?

1ELISEA, I have found that because I use larger than default type and a color that when I tag someone at the beginning of a line I have to indent a couple of times before I type the @. Usually works every time I do that. So that may be your problem. Then when you Post Reply and the tag works, the @ and the indention disappear.

Thank you sooooo much for that tip. Usually I wind up quoting a couple of words of their post because it will work. But that doesn't work when I'm trying to tag, and I've found it is hit or miss on tagging someone, your indent trick might be explain why.
Hmmmmm... as a matter of fact, let's try it. bottomshollow

:SUNsmile: :SUNsmile::SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:

Congratulations 1Elisea on your upcoming 1s ANNIVERSARY. :martini: What a lovely feeling. Good that there is to be no surgery on the ankle, you can just move steadily forward. All the best. Jenny :yay:

Yah!! Glad no ankle surgery is needed. I am at almost 9 mos myself and still stiff and sore at times. I think mine at least, is becuz my extension isn't that great. Oh well, I guess I am gonna have to live with that, as thought of any more surgeries on that knee cause me too much stress. Hopefully it will just slowly improve on its own. Hugs!

Hello 1ELISEA :)
I'm doing very well actually, and thanks for asking. I'll post an update in my thread.

Great to hear from you bassplayer!

Jennie and Nanners - Thank you!!
My OS said that healing will take a year to 18 months.
I just didn't realize he "meant" a year to 18 months. :loll:

I'll have to answer my own questions above about what it is like on my one year old knee....Hmmmm

Glad to hear you've got rid of your limp (you said so on other thread today) as I've been limping for ages and I hope I can get to walk properly. I also have walked on bent legs for a couple of years now.
It was interesting that you have gained height as I feel my new knee leg is now longer than the other! I just seem taller on that side.

Hopper
It takes work, like most everything with a TKR, :) to get rid of a limp that you've had for years.
I had to learn to swing my arms, tighten the core, and similar things because I'd been walking to protect my knee. Still may limp a little from habit when I get tired, but not like I did pre-TKR.

Just yesterday a friend lapped me while walking and I said that's because I have to remember to swing my arms, tighten core, keep balance, keep a steady followthrough while stepping, and walk faster. Whew! So much to remember!

As far as height, you probably "are" taller on that side. Only now both sides are evenly matched. :SUNsmile:

trailspud and other BoneSmarties
Hope you are out today having a nice hike or walk.
I am ready to head out on a nice walk, myself!
Have a nice Memorial Day!

No walk today, but I did get to the gym for a little cardio. I'm still working on extension and flexion, but I'll start doing some short walks soon (1+ mile) and by mid-summer, I hope to hit the trails a bit. Happy Memorial Day.

ONE YEAR AGO I HAD MY RIGHT TKR!

About this time of the day, I was blissfully unaware of too much other than the drugs were good. Scratch that, I was having a horrible reaction to the antibiotic and they were giving me Benadryl.

And still kind of thought that they gave you a TKR and then I'd be up and walking and that would be it and I'd be back at work right away.

Must have been the drugs talking, as I said I had some good ones. :rolleyes: :heehee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom