Booked in and waiting for a date....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, yes, Fernie, take on board what you say about PJ's, I have cropped bottoms (but will invest in a nighty, just in case). Toothfairy, I will walk without meds because I need to know how much pain I can be in, the hag has been quiescent of late, making my resolve waver somewhat! Having no date yet - and spring on the way is making me wonder if I can squeeze just one more year out!! I know I will get it done, because I would be horrified to think I've wasted NHS money so far to back out now. Also, and mainly because this site has offered me a surprising aid, I can look back at my whingeing and whining entries when I've been awake at 3am chugging tramadol and remember why I am doing this in the first place. I am not taking a list of things I should be doing & when. From all of the reading I've done here, when the old hag has been replaced with a shiny new Borg implant (think I will call it Hugh-Trekkie after all!!) then I will let Hugh decide my progress. :angel: :happydance: :egypdance: :yay: :spin: :SUNsmile: :dancy: we all use different coping strategies, all of which are right and we have this fantastic site which allows us to compare these strategies and gain strength & courage from each other. I certainly feel better for knowing you guys are out there!! :puppysmooze: Sorry it's a bit of an epic, dithering today!

Hi Jetthugger,
I hope you enjoyed that walk and are not suffering too badly. :puppysmooze:
I know what you mean about wondering if you can delay. I do have those thoughts myself on good days when I go down the 'what if it all goes horribly wrong and I am worse than when I started path'. :yikes: :tantrum:
I had a lovely walk on Thursday after work and was aware of every step I took not agonising but painful then my left knee woke me in the night throbbing away with that dull gnawing pain. :mcoffee:
I am definitely going to do it and get the show on the road for two shiny new knees as soon as I can. ( I have always been a bit greedy, why have one when you can have two.......)
I have cropped bottoms too but will also take a nightie. The list of what I should be doing and when is not my idea, we were given it by the hospital and told to take it with us. I am just obeying orders.
So Old Hag meets Hugh-Trekkie, bring it on....
I have not thought about naming my new knee, not imaginative enough. Will have to think of a name for my recovery thread. Mmmm
Have a good weekend, I am home alone and planning on doing some nice relaxing and enjoyable pottering.
Toothfairy x
:happydance: :flwrysmile:

Hello All , still don't know if any of my messages go where they should! Date for my surgery is march 22nd I have posted but can't see it! Second attempt. Toothfairy you will be just before me! How are you, good luck to anyone having surgery soon.

exhausted with knee pain, where did you post your surgery date? You started a thread "New to the forum" which a number of members responded to, but you have not been back there to post back to them. Please use the OFFICE button on the white bar at the top of the page, click on it and the under the drop down menu you will find "How to Use This Xenforo Forum". Take a look in there at the various articles that will help you use the forum to your advantage.

Got an exercise bike!!! My beautiful marvellous caring sister is sorting me one out & the best thing is....... It's freeeeee!!!! :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy: :beer: :bicycle1:

That is great news. What a lovely sister. Just take it gently.
Toothfairy x
:cheers: :yay:

That's great news jethugger, we bought one last summer and it's not really been used much, but im thinking it will play a big part in myrecovery soon. Go us biker girls ! :bicycle1: Even if we don't actually go anywhere. It would be nice to put it in the garden to get some fresh air.

Sounds like you're doing great. Fernie

My bike is covered on cob webs! Have got it in from garage and plan to got on it! Do people think it is good to do biking before op? Even if it hurts?

Hey exhausted, I think its a great idea to use the bike before your op. If your quads have atrophied like mine have they will need building up again after your op and an exercise bike is eventually the way to go :yes:
It probably wont make any difference to your damaged knee since you only have a few weeks to go before the big day but if the pain is not unbearable I would exercise your quads.
Much love :flwrysmile:

I am chuffed, even if only rocking post op to get my rom back gently, it will be good. Had a good morning, went for lunch with hubby & cinema after, unfortunately, sitting with knee bent for a few hours did the old hag in completely! Tramadol nights here, hope I get a date soon!! Ready now!! :headbang: :groan:

Hi Jetthugger, what did you go to see at the cinema? Hope it was good and worth the pain. I only go to the cinema now when I can book leg room seats,
Toothfairy x :yahoo:

Here's wishing you an early date jetthugger :beg: how well I remember trying to stand up in the cinema after watching a film. How embarrassing it all was to be walking with bent legs just because they had stiffened into that position through sitting down for so long, and how well I remember the pain I had to endure walking with those painful arthritic knees :boohoo:
This is now a thing of the past for me and will be for you too soon enough :snork: sleep well hope the Tramadol knocks you out :sleep:
Much love :flwrysmile:

Hi Jetthugger, what did you go to see at the cinema? Hope it was good and worth the pain. I only go to the cinema now when I can book leg room seats,
Toothfairy x :yahoo:

What are we like eh? :heehee: I go to our local theatre quite often and There's one particular seat that I have to have as its the best row in the house plus lots of leg room for when i need to do start wiggling it about! :loll:

Can you imagine if there was a BoneSmarties outing like this? We'd need a row each so we all got the end aisle!

:heehee: :heehee: :heehee: :rotfl:

Hi exhausted with knee pain,
I haven't seen that one, I have heard it is very funny. How are you today?
Toothfairy :dancy:

Hello toothfairy I am still recovering from the worst cold but am fine. How are you? Not long now, I hope all is going well with your preparations. You will be so pleased when you have had the op, do you have any family support? Who will look after you when you get home? I had MRI this morning so getting there. Talk soon x

Hi all!! I went to see beautiful creatures. Bit like twilight with witches & Emma Thompson hamming it up for all she's worth!!

Fernie, had to laugh at your comment!! Yes a bone smarties outing would be hilarious!! All the creaky knees & shiny new knees vying for 'legroom' :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi exhausted wkp, hope your cold dries up soon! Keep warm & look after yourself. I had my (2nd) MRI on 5 Feb, so like you I'm in the home strait. Toothfairy will beat me by a few weeks methinks, but I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you on the flip side when we have our bright shiny new bionic knees!!! Looking to rename the old hag once I've been fixed. What was that robot side kick of Buck Rogers called??? :what: :what:

Still loads of painkillers & limping & crunching going on today, but was training my (temporary) replacement so the day at least went fast!!

Hope to sleep tonight!!!! G'night all :whistle: :zzz: :zzz: :sleep: :thud:

Hi Jetthugger,
Twiki is the robot ( didn't have a clue, looked it up)
Film sounds like my sort of film.
Sorry to hear the old hag is being vindictive again, not for much longer.

Exhausted wkp I have my husband at home and he will look after me very well. I am not at all organised but finish work tomorrow so will have time to get organised then.
Hope your MRI went well.

Goodnight all, (....... goodnight Jon boy :heehee: )
Toothfairy x
:flwrysmile: :sleep:

Hello all thank you for all your messages, nearly march and surgery looms! I hope everyone is ok I think there a few of us in march, toothfairy is first I think? How are you? I am definitely getting on the exercise bike this weekend! My thighs are total jelly ( with lumps ) ! Hope everyone has a good weekend. X

Having LTKR done on 3-19. Will be my 39th operation and at age 76 pray it will be my last. I have a total lack of patience post-op as I MUST daily shoot my bow, play with my two 100lb labs, do yard chores, etc. I absolutly hate sitting around waiting for healing to take place. My last op was an XLIF lumbar fusion in which the surgeon punctured my large bowel in 2 places and I wore a colostomy for 4 months until the revision op could be done. I know any op can be a challenge and from the info on this site I am slowly preparing for a unique experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom