MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieMeadows

post-grad
hope you don't mind me popping in to say hello :blush:

I have been trying to catch up with all your news I hope you are all well :friends:

I am almost at my one year TKR anniversary and I would love to say life is good and the pain has gone and I have no problems but I would be lying!

I am back on MST after several months on Tramadol and the last few weeks becoming increasingly worse,the pain is so bad the same as pre op and some days worse than pre op.I experience a lot of clunking in my knee especially when I try to twist around or when doing my daily PT which involves time on my pedals which is where it is the worst.
I have pain from my bottom to my ankle most days and the main pain is the inner of my knee and behind it.
I am awaiting a call from my consultant now I haven't seen him since Feb as we both agreed I needed a break from all the hospital appointments I have however been in regular contact with my GP who has been trying to get my pain under control.
Thanks for listening and sorry for being away for so long xxx

:flowerysmile:So sorry you are in pain. Welcome back. One of the nice things about Bonesmart is you are always welcomed and people are here to listen.

Aaaawww Nat - thanks for coming back and seeking the support of this forum :thumb: I hope that something can b done for you soon, I don't like that you are in so much pain all the time :scratch:

xoxoxo,
Linda

Aw Natalie - this is not good! So sorry you are still suffering.

I guess this is just another example of how different every recovery can be. Some of us take literally years and some just weeks.

But in every case - we are here for you! Please do keep stopping by Natalie.

Hi Natalie. Sorry your still struggling. It seems many of us still are. Hopefully they will find a simple answer for your pain that some tweaking with PT or something can adjust. I think these knees will always need some sort of physical therapy since they are not our original equipment. Our bodies seem to stiffen and fight the difference. I know mine is still fighting. Goodluck to you.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
Left knee manipulated 05/13/2011

Hey Nat!
Thanks for posting on my thread!
It was so nice to see you back, but then I read your thread and now not too happy. Stick around for a while so we can support each other, as it seems you are going through the same **** as me, and a couple of gals who regularily post on my thread. It means so much to have support and know you are NOT ALONE in your struggles.
Keep in touch!!

Sandy

Thankyou so much for all the lovely replies and welcome backs :)

Sandy and Donna it seems we are in similar boats hope we can keep each other going through it all I will keep up with your threads xxx

PT have exhausted all options with me and my therapist actually said he was baffled with how stiff clunky and swollen my knee still was!

Jaycey lovely to see you huni xxxx

Linda I want to be here to help you through the next stage of your recovery xxxx

Oh Nat, it's lovely to see you again but sad to know nothing much has changed. Bummer!

Hi Jo lovely to see you too :)

Spoke to a nurse practioner that works directly under Mr Porter today and he wants me in asap so they are ringing me in the morning.

That's great news - I hope its a positive visit!
xoxo,
Linda

Excellent. I like the look of him at the conference. Unkempt but approachable. Would that be right?

Yes Jo,he is a lovely man and very chatty, he has his own hip problems too so walks with a limp which is quite humbling when you are walking in with a limp too makes you hope he knows what you are going through!

Does he really? I've known a few surgeons with orthopaedic problems like that - I bet our own Jak will be that kind of caring surgeon too!

At least he won't look at you with a puzzled look when you say you are in pain!
My original OS seems to not get that. He is an athlete, and while I hope nothing bad happens, if something were to....well lets say I'd love to "manage" his pain:th_heehee:

Hi Natalie!

Welcome back!

I am sorry that you are still hurting, but I hope that the consultant has answers for you!:wink1:

You have been through a lot, and you deserve to have the problem figured out so that you can get on with the business of living a "normal" life free of pain!:yahoo:

I will be praying for a good outcome from the consulant's visit!

At least he won't look at you with a puzzled look when you say you are in pain!
My original OS seems to not get that. He is an athlete, and while I hope nothing bad happens, if something were to....well lets say I'd love to "manage" his pain:th_heehee:

He he he this gave me a good giggle Sandy :)

So another night with no sleep,I have a lot of pain over the front of my knee and a very odd stabbing pain in my ankle that feels like an electric shock!

Sorry you are feeling poorly Natalie! Are you taking anything for the pain? Hope you can catch a nap today!

Natalie,

I'm glad to see you back on here, but so sorry that the replacement hasn't been the answer we had hoped. That ankle pain sounds like an SC piece could be pressing on a nerve. I used to get pain like that. Have you tried any of the nerve pain meds that are out now? I know Cymbalta is one. I think you tried Lyrica, and that had side effects that didn't agree with you. There is another one my PT mentioned, but I can't remember the name. Anyway, I wonder if treating the nerve pain might provide a bit of relief. It might be worth a try since the regular pain meds aren't getting you as comfortable as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie