THR I'm leaning towards not having this operation. Does anyone know someone who didn't get it when they needed it?

Solar7

Country
United States United States
Surgery scares me so much that I have a full on DNR in my will, and I'm in my 30s. I've got an appointment scheduled with a therapist, but I can't help myself envisioning a happier life selling my house and sports car to find a one-story and be wheelchair bound the rest of my life than deal with recovery. Some of my biggest fears are associated with this surgery. It's not that I don't trust doctors or that this is a relatively common procedure... it's just making me physically ill every single day in sheer terror about getting an IV in my arm, a drain in my leg, trying to deal with the pain, and the months of trauma trying to get back to normal. I don't even have it scheduled yet.

This is my second thread on the forum, and I'm sorry for approaching things so negatively. I don't really think I want reassurance, just a chance to vent. I feel like crying and can't stop obsessing about this. The pain in my hip is nothing in comparison to how flat-out scared I am of the surgery. Even the idea of being pain doesn't bring any relief. I'd rather just hurt some and not walk.

My first thread was about mental health as it pertains to this... if anyone has suggestions for where I can look for more help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for reading otherwise, and I promise not to clog up the forum with my fears.

I know you said you don’t want reassurance, but I feel compelled to tell you I am healing from my second THR. I wouldn’t have followed through after the first if it wasn’t worth the challenge of getting through a few weeks of recovery. I found a few weeks of pain, discomfort, and inconvenience to be absolutely worthwhile for no pain for years to come.

I think I understand your fear. You are really young (18 years younger than me!) to be grappling with such a huge medical decision.

I am sure the staff here will have some excellent advice for you. I wish you wisdom and peace in guiding you to the right decision for you.

Hi @Solar7
Per your thread title, we HAVE seen those who put off this surgery and had their failing hip collapse ...
One of my fellow staffers @Jaycey had this happen.

I am so sorry you are so anxious about the surgery.:sad:

I was so miserable with my life with my bad hips that the surgery part took a back seat to the prospect of living with the horrid pain, lack of mobility, and sleep deprivation.

I hope you can come to some peace with this surgery... I wonder if you may be comparing recovery from the fracture to THR recovery...which will not be as restrictive as you may think.
They will have you up walking soon after surgery and the surgical pain (with meds) was not near as bad as that chronic hip pain.

Hopefully, coming here and having the folks who have actually limped the limp and been through it will help ease some of your fears.

You asked if anyone know someone who didn't have surgery when it was needed. Yes I do - me! I waited over 3 years before even approaching anyone about my bad hip. Kept thinking it was lower back issues plus I couldn't fathom surgery.

In my experience things went from tolerable to horrid very quickly. My hip collapsed before I saw a surgeon. Believe me, you do not want to experience that pain! Planning your every waking moment around pain is not living.

And no, I don't believe your wheelchair option is the answer.

Have a read in our hip recovery area. Lots of members who all questioned why they waited for surgery. Then come back to this thread and share your fears. Our members will support you through this. It's all about getting your life back!

@Jaycey’s response reminded me to share sitting was far more painful for me than walking with my second hip. So a wheelchair may not even be the answer. You could end up like me—someone in worse pain when they sit than when they are up and moving.

Aww, my heart breaks for you. It's sad to realize how terrified you are of surgery. Rather than viewing these procedural necessities such as an IV, a drain, and some pain as negative and frightening, try to view them as a vehicle to a better life / happier existence. There are no "months of trauma" to endure post op so please let go of that notion.

I was pretty anxious about surgery also, but admittedly not to the degree you seem to be and I found scheduling it in a way forced me to deal with it because while I knew I had an escape clause, cancelation. I also new I didn't want to put myself through the torture of adjusting to surgery all over again at a later date as I gimped around, often in pain and unable to live life as I had, and still wanted to before my hip deteriorated.

At only 36 years of age, your surgery and recovery will only be a small snippet of time compared to living out the rest of your life in pain and misery, unable to engage in all you love. That could be a lot of years if you're blessed with a normal life span. Do you really want to live in misery just to avoid an IV and some tolerable, well controlled, short lived healing pain? If you really need this done and figure out how to lean into it all, you'd be surprised at how well you feel and are doing within a few weeks of surgery! It's amazing to realize on the day of surgery, once you are post op, that the horrid pain is gone, replaced by a healing pain which as I mentioned is normally well controlled.
This is my second thread on the forum, and I'm sorry for approaching things so negatively. I don't really think I want reassurance, just a chance to vent. I feel like crying and can't stop obsessing about this. The pain in my hip is nothing in comparison to how flat-out scared I am of the surgery. Even the idea of being pain doesn't bring any relief. I'd rather just hurt some and not walk.
You don't need to apologize. We're here for support and you're not the only one who's been terrified of surgery.
We will offer reassurance though when you vent because we all know how wonderful it is to be on the other side of surgery. You have to find a way to put a less dire spin on this and realize how the positives outweigh the negatives and hopefully the therapist you've chosen can help you with this. Also, know that we're here for you whenever you feel the need. We understand the fear involved and we do care.
Wishing you lots of comfort and peace of mind. :console2:

I so understand the fear. Having had surgeries and injuries before, I knew that road. I also knew I couldn’t put up with the real, excruciating pain I was in. I was getting close to that wheelchair mode. That would take the pressure off from walking but sitting, lying down (let alone sleeping) were almost impossible without pain. We humans are pretty good at imagining how much better another choice would be if we could just avoid the scary, painful situation we’re facing right now. The reality is avoidance is rarely the better option. You also have to be careful not to compare the proverbial apples to oranges.

Again, an injury recovery is very different from THR recovery. There are no drains. There are no long stays in bed. Yes, you get an IV (and we all dislike getting poked for one) but it’s a small price to pay for the relief you then have access to: 1. Anxiety. 2. Anesthesia for a healing surgery. 3. The road to a pain free, new lease on life in a comparatively short period of time. You’re too young to be contemplating a disabled, painful, very small life. Please follow your idea and seek out a professional to help bridge this difficult gap so you can get back to the life that awaits you. I was definitely one of those that was so elated by the relief from the joint pain and felt so sorry for having put myself through so much fear and anxiety in comparison to the reality of the surgery. The short-lived, recovery pain/discomfort (to which there is actual attainable relief) was well worth all that I can do now without even thinking about it any more. That’s where you can be, also. We’re here for you.

I'm your man. Held replacement hip in my hand around my 30th birthday. Very reputable surgeon and he told me not to do it until I really felt I needed to. I waited over 30 years and felt his advice was good advice. I have no regrets over waiting. I did have a limited ROM and I had my pains through the years but I did anything and everything I wanted. I did things most wouldn't do that didn't have hip problems and never looked back.
The choice is all yours, no one else's. This is an elective surgery. It has great outcomes and is amazing that they can even do something like this to us. I will say that one of the reasons for waiting was the huge advances in the procedure over the last 30 years as it's become very common now. Who knows what's next?

@Solar7...im really anxious too, although I'm booked in for mine soon. I keep going around the 'omg what am I doing' loop, but then I think that all I basically do is walk to the car, minimal movement to keep pain down, minimal 'manoevers' as I call them, otherwise I might 'set it off again', going up stairs at home on all 4s or 1 at a time at best, going downstairs very carefully or on my bum, all to avoid the leg giving way, or pain in the knee from the hip....you end up very sedentary, which equals unfit, slowly doing less and less.

Are you afraid of other things such as dentists? I'm pretty phobic about them, but the dentist sedated me, and once you're out...youre really out. After that I'm trying to think that instead of continuing downhill, I'll be at the bottom and get better.

@Solar7 I was glad to read that you have an appointment scheduled with a therapist! I do hope that will help you overcome your fears. Do you have any ideas about what is triggering these fears? Past experience with surgery ( perhaps when you were quite young?) Or a family member who had a bad outcome from a surgery? If any of that applies be sure to discuss that with the therapist! If you do not know of any such experiences ask relatives who were around when you were young if they know of anything that happened.

Early childhood experiences with medical procedures of any kind can be very frightening and confusing for a child. Plus the mind tends to block out early experiences like that and one can forget they even happened. But the effects of those can crop up later in life ... and cause one to truly wonder WHY! I've been there, done that ... though with less pervasive impact on my life.

Here at BoneSmart we see many people your age and even younger ... including some teenagers .... getting hip replacements and returning to strenuous jobs and activities. Recently there were 2 police officers in their 30s who had hip replacements and now are back to full active duty.

Do let us know how you are doing! And feel free to ask questions, read threads here and in post op, and just vent if you need to!

Dear Solar7. I am feeling the same and more than that...
I was strongly advised this surgery in 2016. I did not even realized how bad my hips were affected since I was doing a lot of sports running and I though pains are due to stretching and overwork. So when I had my X-rays taken to a doctor and he send me to a hospital to apply I was devastated:((( I refused the first possible date for the surgery cause besides I could not stop working and had nobody to help me with recovery.
During these 6-7 years I have tried a whole lot of different treatments - pool aqua aerobics - special gymnastics invented by doctor Bubnovskiy- switched from running to ellipse - found out great pills to relieve the pain like Devils claw and bosveliya.
And I can say with 100% assureance that now my pain is less - I can walk longer distances not disturbed - I am even in better shape since I have been trying to loose weight because it is good for my hips pressure. The point is to build a "corset" of muscles around you hip joints that hold it and help to move painlessly.
I am also thinking of postponing the surgery a few years. One of the reasons that we have war now and lots of problems here in Moscow and the surgery may not be as high quality as it it there in the USA or Israel.
But after my last X-ray and my visits to orthopedes- they insist that I should be operated without longer delays:(
I have met people at Bubnovskiy clinik who have actually set a goal to live all their lives without this surgery. And they are exercising and working on in - to live without pain but avoid the surgery.
I do not know what potential threats and risks may emerge if I keep postponing the surgery and this is the main goal of my investigating.
Those people here - who have successfully overcome and doing well - my sincere congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surgery scares me so much that I have a full on DNR in my will, and I'm in my 30s. I've got an appointment scheduled with a therapist, but I can't help myself envisioning a happier life selling my house and sports car to find a one-story and be wheelchair bound the rest of my life than deal with recovery. Some of my biggest fears are associated with this surgery. It's not that I don't trust doctors or that this is a relatively common procedure... it's just making me physically ill every single day in sheer terror about getting an IV in my arm, a drain in my leg, trying to deal with the pain, and the months of trauma trying to get back to normal. I don't even have it scheduled yet.

My first thread was about mental health as it pertains to this... if anyone has suggestions for where I can look for more help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for reading otherwise, and I promise not to clog up the forum with my fears.
Hey @Solar7 - just wanted to pipe in with some additional support for you. I just got the hip replacement surgery five days ago, and I had abject terror about the procedure all the way until I got wheeled into the OR, so I really related to this post. I'm hoping you may be able to get some solace hearing my very recent experience.

For months leading up to the surgery, I was in complete nervous system collapse. I didn't want to do it either. I got on Celebrex in November and prehabbed for a few months, which went great and led me to start fantasizing about not needing the surgery at all - until it didn't help anymore. The degeneration in my hip was structural - I had previously undiagnosed developmental dysplasia, which caused premature wear and tear on the cartilage - and even though I was relatively strong, the hip kept degenerating beyond what my muscles could help solve. I'm a very physical person, and not being able to access my body has been devastating to my mental and emotional health. I'm also prone to anxiety, and lept to catastrophizing pretty immediately, playing catastrophic surgical scenarios in my head over and over again. But the pain in my hip spoke loudly enough that I was also able to start imagining the catastrophes on the other side - what life would be like if I didn't get the surgery. It's bleak to see worst-case scenarios down every path.

A therapist recommended that I allow myself to indulge in a different kind of fantasy: what would a best-case scenario look like? What if all the people saying "you'll get your life back" were right? What could that look like? It took a while for me to permission myself to go there, and I won't say that made my fear disappear completely, but it did help enough that I was able to see a path to health after surgery. I imagined all the things I haven't gotten a chance to do yet that I really want to do (like learn to surf). That work allowed me to create a little bridge over the swirling terror whirlpools that were still there, but which I was now able to pay slightly less attention to. It wasn't easy creating that bridge. It took work and I had to tell the Protectors in my brain to please be quiet quite a few times. But it helped get me into that surgery prep room five days ago.

Once the anesthesiologist did an initial evaluation and saw how anxious I was, he started me on an oral anti-anxiety drug, and I was able to voice my fears both to him and to my surgeon. They both reassured me, and since I had decided a few months ago to trust my surgeon, because I picked him after doing a ton of research and meeting several different surgeons, I decided to believe them. Then I was out. When I woke up and settled into my hospital bed, I was hit with the most unexpected feeling of relief - the surgery was done and I was...ok. I really was ok. Maybe it sounds trite, but I didn't realize until that moment how unbelievably freeing it was to wake up and have the surgery be over.

I'm now on Day 5 of post surgery healing, and there are no drains (never were any) and no IV (that was unpleasant but tolerable with pain meds), and I'm healing. No wheelchair. I don't really need a walker, either. I have some pain and some swelling but it changes every day and I can tell I'm healing. It's been incredibly helpful for my mental health, which I would not have believed before the surgery.

There is an element of giving up control in order to submit to surgery that can feel terrifying. I had to get to a state of intolerable pain in order to "let go and let God", as some people say. (Some surgeons like to think of themselves as Gods, so this sort of works even if you're a happy atheist, lol.) If you are a person who is comfortably in control of their life, but now there's this wildcard that you can't control, that cognitive dissonance can be incredibly frightening. I wanted to share my process of getting into the OR, and I hope to give you some clarity that you actually have agency even in deciding to go through with the surgery. You've outlined some choices you see for yourself if you decide to cancel the surgery - sell your sportscar and get a wheelchair, etc. You can also choose your surgeon and your surgical approach and your date, and even decide what to focus your mind on when you're making all those choices. (Definitely try to tell your brain to drop the leg drain because I don't know of a single hip replacement patient who has had to have one.)

Like others have mentioned, you can also choose to postpone. I hope to give you an example of what a process of choosing to keep the date could look like. I hope this is helpful.

Take good care of yourself, and please let us know how the journey is going for you. This community has been incredibly helpful for me, and trust, dumping your anxiety into words here is exactly what the space is for.

Have a happy Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sorry you’re struggling @Solar7 . You could be like me: discomfort, no pain. No drains. No PT needed….I was told to walk. I’ve had both hips done (both knees too) and my quality of life is so much better.

Marie

I had my second HR one week ago at age 79, my first RHR was 10 years ago after limping around for 10 years. On April 18 I went into hospital shaking in fear and didn’t stop until sedated in operating room. You are young solar 7 and will be so happy once it’s over you have to go through with it and you’ll find your worry was for naught. Just do it.

Thanks for the kind words all, I'll reply where relevant in some broken out replies for ease of reading.
Hi @Solar7

I was so miserable with my life with my bad hips that the surgery part took a back seat to the prospect of living with the horrid pain, lack of mobility, and sleep deprivation.

I hope you can come to some peace with this surgery... I wonder if you may be comparing recovery from the fracture to THR recovery...which will not be as restrictive as you may think.
They will have you up walking soon after surgery and the surgical pain (with meds) was not near as bad as that chronic hip pain.
After reading stories here and on other internet resources like Reddit, I fear I may have been overdoing my current pain levels. I can do some walking, I can sit and sleep with no problems... I was able to go to a restaurant and a movie last night with no assistance and not terrible pain. All I'm taking is aspirin.

I know I'll be "up and walking," but shuffling around a few feet barely counts to me. So many have said how hard those first weeks are, and how driving is impossible for like 4-6 weeks... right now I can go where I want, when I want. I'm not trying to compare my recovery for the fracture to this, but I can't help but recall that feeling of helplessness... and at least then I could at least sleep on my side, or take a shower when I got out of the hospital. No one cut through my nerves and it was patience instead of pain.

But also thank you for pointing me towards someone here who waited on it.

You asked if anyone know someone who didn't have surgery when it was needed. Yes I do - me! I waited over 3 years before even approaching anyone about my bad hip. Kept thinking it was lower back issues plus I couldn't fathom surgery.

In my experience things went from tolerable to horrid very quickly. My hip collapsed before I saw a surgeon. Believe me, you do not want to experience that pain! Planning your every waking moment around pain is not living.

And no, I don't believe your wheelchair option is the answer.

Have a read in our hip recovery area. Lots of members who all questioned why they waited for surgery. Then come back to this thread and share your fears. Our members will support you through this. It's all about getting your life back!
Thanks! Yes, my femoral head is getting to a closer point of collapsing. I've been lurking and reading lots of stories, but for every five wonderful stories of recovery, I see one explaining continued pain, weakness, infections, and more. I'll go back and read some more, but I can't help but be depressed that I'm not "getting my life back." Not that I loved exercise before this, but the idea that I'll never run or play most sports again is really making me feel like a feeble old man. I went from feeling ten years younger than I am before this news, to feeling like I'm 20 years older than I am now that I have to have a hip replacement and constantly remind people about that any time we try to do an activity.

I'll continue to do more reading.

Aww, my heart breaks for you. It's sad to realize how terrified you are of surgery. Rather than viewing these procedural necessities such as an IV, a drain, and some pain as negative and frightening, try to view them as a vehicle to a better life / happier existence. There are no "months of trauma" to endure post op so please let go of that notion.
So, I should clarify, I don't find these things terrifying from a logical perspective, nor am I afraid of the pain from them getting inserted, it's just that anything inserted into me for a prolonged amount of time makes my body have an absolute breakdown and start shaking/panicking, just like I can't scuba dive without my body giving out on me even though I know it's completely safe, and I'm a super adept swimmer. Needles don't bother me, you can poke me all day. It's just when they stick in, and especially if I see it, I completely lose control.

As far as months of trauma go... it's really hard to come to a consensus on what to expect. I see a lot of miracle success stories, but plenty of things being said about not being even able to get back to work for 4-6 weeks (not that I love work), not driving for around that time length, hours needed to be committed to walking and physical therapy (which is even worse since around the time I have my surgery it'll be 120 degrees out here in the American Southwest), and not being back to "normal activities" until 3 months, without feeling fully healed for six months to a year.

I haven't recovered my leg strength from being in bed for three months from the fracture, so I feel like my curve is going to be even worse.
Do you really want to live in misery just to avoid an IV and some tolerable, well controlled, short lived healing pain? If you really need this done and figure out how to lean into it all, you'd be surprised at how well you feel and are doing within a few weeks of surgery! It's amazing to realize on the day of surgery, once you are post op, that the horrid pain is gone, replaced by a healing pain which as I mentioned is normally well controlled.
Logically, no. Emotionally? I do wake up in the middle of the night, or fail to fall asleep, and think about how I'd rather just "live in misery."

And your mention of horrid pain is what creates additional resistance. I'm thinking right now about how I can comfortably sit without pain, sleep without pain, cross my legs, sleep on my side, drive my car, and more... and how when I wake up from surgery, all of those things are going to be gone and I'm going to feel much worse in the short term. And then have a long pathway just to get back to where I am right now.

Thank you for your kind words and support. I have a lot of people around me who are already sick of my worries and want me to "get it over with and stop complaining."

I so understand the fear. Having had surgeries and injuries before, I knew that road. I also knew I couldn’t put up with the real, excruciating pain I was in. I was getting close to that wheelchair mode. That would take the pressure off from walking but sitting, lying down (let alone sleeping) were almost impossible without pain. We humans are pretty good at imagining how much better another choice would be if we could just avoid the scary, painful situation we’re facing right now. The reality is avoidance is rarely the better option. You also have to be careful not to compare the proverbial apples to oranges.

Again, an injury recovery is very different from THR recovery. There are no drains. There are no long stays in bed. Yes, you get an IV (and we all dislike getting poked for one) but it’s a small price to pay for the relief you then have access to: 1. Anxiety. 2. Anesthesia for a healing surgery. 3. The road to a pain free, new lease on life in a comparatively short period of time. You’re too young to be contemplating a disabled, painful, very small life. Please follow your idea and seek out a professional to help bridge this difficult gap so you can get back to the life that awaits you. I was definitely one of those that was so elated by the relief from the joint pain and felt so sorry for having put myself through so much fear and anxiety in comparison to the reality of the surgery. The short-lived, recovery pain/discomfort (to which there is actual attainable relief) was well worth all that I can do now without even thinking about it any more. That’s where you can be, also. We’re here for you.
I mentioned in a previous post that I'm not feeling pain sleeping, sitting, etc., and that's where I get nervous about whether or not I'm doing this too soon. I'm in a tough spot where I'm unemployed, so deciding against this is really going to require putting it off for more than a year or so before I find a new job, and load up on enough time in the position before I can ask them for weeks on end off. Right now I can do it without that complication... but I'm also worried about job hunting while still trying to recover from this.

As far as the drains go, it doesn't help that the first picture on the TotalHipReplacement sub on Reddit is someone with a drain coming out. And that I read that many patients need a catheter put in and removed, or to be intubated under general anesthesia. Neither of which I can handle.

Yes, I will continue to follow up with a mental health specialist. Thanks for your thoughts.

@Solar7...im really anxious too, although I'm booked in for mine soon. I keep going around the 'omg what am I doing' loop, but then I think that all I basically do is walk to the car, minimal movement to keep pain down, minimal 'manoevers' as I call them, otherwise I might 'set it off again', going up stairs at home on all 4s or 1 at a time at best, going downstairs very carefully or on my bum, all to avoid the leg giving way, or pain in the knee from the hip....you end up very sedentary, which equals unfit, slowly doing less and less.

Are you afraid of other things such as dentists? I'm pretty phobic about them, but the dentist sedated me, and once you're out...youre really out. After that I'm trying to think that instead of continuing downhill, I'll be at the bottom and get better.
I'm a little worried about the dentist, but not horrifically. Although, my parents had to completely trick me to get me to my wisdom teeth removal. They literally pulled me out of school one day with no warning, drove me to the office, and didn't let me leave. I had no idea they were even considering it, haha. Hopefully they won't do that to me with this!

I never got to your level of pain (well, except when I broke my pelvis, ironically enough, in your country), so that's what's scary and tough.

Back to the fear of the dentist though, while I have been put under for that procedure, and had a reasonably invasive thing to remove some tissue between my middle front teeth for braces, it didn't scare me like this does. But the recovery was more like a week or two, and didn't require any kind of "mental state" or major restrictions, whereas this does.

@Solar7 I was glad to read that you have an appointment scheduled with a therapist! I do hope that will help you overcome your fears. Do you have any ideas about what is triggering these fears? Past experience with surgery ( perhaps when you were quite young?) Or a family member who had a bad outcome from a surgery? If any of that applies be sure to discuss that with the therapist! If you do not know of any such experiences ask relatives who were around when you were young if they know of anything that happened.

Early childhood experiences with medical procedures of any kind can be very frightening and confusing for a child. Plus the mind tends to block out early experiences like that and one can forget they even happened. But the effects of those can crop up later in life ... and cause one to truly wonder WHY! I've been there, done that ... though with less pervasive impact on my life.

Here at BoneSmart we see many people your age and even younger ... including some teenagers .... getting hip replacements and returning to strenuous jobs and activities. Recently there were 2 police officers in their 30s who had hip replacements and now are back to full active duty.

Do let us know how you are doing! And feel free to ask questions, read threads here and in post op, and just vent if you need to!
Last I can reply to for now, but also thank you for your feedback (the Suns tip off in a second, lol).

My fears come from my relatively depressed mindset right now - I'm prone to depression and anxiety, and I don't feel that when I wake up in pain and out of it, that I'm going to get up and do the things I need to do to get back to normal. I don't have anything to look forward to when I get recovered besides getting back to a career that stresses me out and I hate. I don't have kids, a girlfriend, or any hobbies I'm missing out on that I'm going to get back to. In fact, it's highly likely I'll have to stop drinking permanently as that may be a part of what led to this blood flow issue, so my social life is going to be dead in the water too. I don't want to sound like too much of a sad sack, I used to be a highly paid marketing exec with pretty good looks and a lot of friends, but I'm definitely going to be hitting a hard reset button on my life when this happens, and while I don't love exercise, not being able to run, play basketball, football, or things that are going to put wear and tear on the joint is just such a bleak thought. It was only a year ago that I was out there running wide receiver routes in football and playing beach volleyball at a bachelor party in Cabo. Now... never again.

So, I don't think I have a healthy mindset about recovery. The instant someone isn't standing over me telling me to get up and do my exercises, I just know I'm gonna stop and lay here like a lump.

There's a litany of other issues, some listed above, but I don't trust my doctors. My orthopedic surgeon I'm stuck with due to insurance isn't the one that caught this. I had to ask a family friend that is a doctor to write an MRI and pay for it out of pocket, outside of my insurance.

As far as family members with bad surgery outcomes, yes. My grandma had elective surgery to get a stent put into her leg to deal with some minor pain because she was tired of taking medication. She had a horrible reaction, a stroke, and went from walking and independent to having foot drop, never walking again, and living in a nursing home.

I'll discuss it all with the therapist. Thanks for your suggestions and kind words.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom