Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Op cancelled

Hello Natalie,
I'm a hip op waiting to happen, but it should have been on July 15th and now I'm off to my second pre op tomorrow for a suggested new date of September 2nd. So I know how you feel, after getting up the courage to go ahead and then feeling like you have been let down is devastating.
Do you know when your next date is yet?
Jenny

It's horrible isn't it :( my husband has taken 2 weeks off work my children have gone to their grandmas and the dog has gone to the kennels!
They can't give me a date as my surgeon goes on annual leave next week till September :( xx

Gosh, I am so sorry. Did they tell you why? I would be going NUTSO!

Oh, Nat, I am so sorry to hear this. And after you had all the logistics with your kids worked out and your husband taking off work. Not to mention your pain. This is so disappointing. I'm so sorry this happened.

Thanks guys xx

Said surgeon had an emergency which is totally understandable just gutting when I have worked myself up so much.
My pain is so bad at the moment too and the sleepless nights are driving me potty :(
The poor kids are so upset too as is my husband :(

Oh no thats terrible, especially with all you had done to prepare! I have a chronic health issue other than my knees, and I remember once being so sick and looking forward to seeing the doc to see if I could get some relief, and the day of my appt he called in sick! Very very frustrating. Sending GIANT HUGS to you! Gail

Thanks Gail xxx

I have felt sick all day and yesterday with nerves and excitement I suppose now I just feel sick because I am so upset :(

Fingers crossed I get a new date soon xx

How frustrating for you! At least he isn't just taking an unscheduled holiday. You get so keyed up about this surgery, make all your arrangements, and then . .NOTHING! I can imagine your disappointment.

I know I just wish it hadn't coincided with his annual leave or they would have been able to get me in sooner!

Oh, Natalie, I am so sorry. I cannot even begin to imagine what a disappointment and letdown this is for you.

Natalie, in the meantime, I would be sure to ask for something to keep you comfortable, although I know that's hard to do if you have young ones around. Maybe it just wasn't the best team for you and the next 'go' will be the best? I don't know. I don't know how to make you feel better. Just trying to make some sense of it. You sound pretty strong. Have a good cry if you can. Let them know how much trouble you have gone to to prepare so they at least realize for the future how hard it is to prepare. They probably won't care, but perhaps they won't do this to YOU again at least.

I wish I could give you a big hug. I am so sorry.:dogkiss:

Thanks Mel xxx

Thanks Helen when they rang to tell me it had been cancelled I could barely talk back as I was just so gobsmacked :( I came off the phone and had a good cry,I'm going to give them till the end of the week to ring me and if I don't hear back I will give them a ring.

It's going to be so difficult for my husband to get time off in September as he has too many staff off then,so I'm not sure what we will do yet.

I am on the maximum dosage of meds I think,I am taking Tramadol and Oramorph and Paracetemol.

I suppose I will need to go back for a pre op too,I think I will prepare myself a lot better next time in case of cancellation xxx

OMG! Natalie - I don't believe this! Oh you poor thing. You must be just gutted! I am SO sorry! :sigh: This was my greatest nightmare. The system here is so unforgiving sometimes!

I guess your only consolation is that they can't do it again.

Take care Natalie. Feel free to rant here. We all understand. :cnsl:

Natalie, I'm so very sorry to hear this happened to you!!! Life can really throw us curves now and then. I know you and your family ARE in shock.

According to what I've heard Jo say before, with your NHS you will be considered a "priority" in September now that you've been cancelled once. So if there is anything good out of all of this, at least you shouldn't have to face a cancellation again.

Don't worry about the logistics of that date. It will work out. Things always do. And you at least have a little time to get everything arranged again.

I'm sending you a GIANT KANSAS ((((HUG)))) and....

ai43.tinypic.com_20i9hk8.jpg

a GIANT Kansas Sunflower to cheer you...no one can frown when you look at a sunflower!!!

Hi There - my name is Barbara from new Jersey. I am 42 years old and have bone on bone and am considering having a partial knee replacment. I feel your pain and am at the beginning of the process on what to do. I have seen several doctors and have taken my quesitons with me at toe to only be turned away of my weight and age. I am 5-6' and a size 18-20. I am in the midst of loosing weight but in the meantime, it is a viscous cycle. I feel your pain and wish you some relief soon.
Barbara

OMG! Natalie - I don't believe this! Oh you poor thing. You must be just gutted! I am SO sorry! :sigh: This was my greatest nightmare. The system here is so unforgiving sometimes!

I guess your only consolation is that they can't do it again.

Take care Natalie. Feel free to rant here. We all understand. :cnsl:

Thanks Jaycey,I really hope they don't cancel again I don't think I could bare it :(

Thankyou so much for the Kansas hug and the beautiful sunflower Jamie :) xxxx

I didn't realise that about them making you priority after cancellation I hope that is the case xxx

Hi There - my name is Barbara from new Jersey. I am 42 years old and have bone on bone and am considering having a partial knee replacment. I feel your pain and am at the beginning of the process on what to do. I have seen several doctors and have taken my quesitons with me at toe to only be turned away of my weight and age. I am 5-6' and a size 18-20. I am in the midst of loosing weight but in the meantime, it is a viscous cycle. I feel your pain and wish you some relief soon.
Barbara

Thankyou Barbara xxx

I didn't realise that about them making you priority after cancellation I hope that is the case xxx

I suppose there is no absolutel guarantee that they wouldn't cancel on you, but at least you will have a higher priority. You'll make it. September is really just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties