TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

Just read your whole thread and very inspirational! Interesting that you were still improving 6-9 months post op.
I don't aim anywhere near as high as you but find it really encouraging to read your time-line!

On January 30th, 2023, 319 days after my TKR, 19 months after leaving the fire floor I’ll enter a fire hall as a first responder for the first time since my TKR
Reading this has made my day! What joy and gratitude you must be feeling at this wonderful news! This is what we all aim for, getting our lives back to the way they were before our knee 'problems' surfaced and started running our lives. No more of that for you. You have your life back! YAY!!

On January 30th, 2023, 319 days after my TKR, 19 months after leaving the fire floor I’ll enter a fire hall as a first responder for the first time since my TKR. a date that will stand out in my mind for the rest of my life!
Aww, goosebumps and misty eyes reading this. Such a grateful heart you have, it's admirable.
So very happy for you!!

Congratulations! This is awesome!!! :yay::wow:

On January 30th, 2023, 319 days after my TKR, 19 months after leaving the fire floor I’ll enter a fire hall as a first responder for the first time since my TKR
Reading this has made my day! What joy and gratitude you must be feeling at this wonderful news! This is what we all aim for, getting our lives back to the way they were before our knee 'problems' surfaced and started running our lives. No more of that for you. You have your life back! YAY!!
We all have been given an opportunity to make a significant and positive life change. Anybody going through these procedures can understand all of the reasons why we chose to, even if they have not yet realized it. I want to share my story, not for comparison but to offer encouragement and hope, which, in my opinion is the best gift we can give each other. There is more to do

On January 30th, 2023, 319 days after my TKR, 19 months after leaving the fire floor I’ll enter a fire hall as a first responder for the first time since my TKR. a date that will stand out in my mind for the rest of my life!
Aww, goosebumps and misty eyes reading this. Such a grateful heart you have, it's admirable.
So very happy for you!!
Thank you for your support and word of joy:)

Today is the day! 1st day back confidence, joy, stress, excitement are just a few of the multitude of emotions running through my brain.

….based on the time of this post, sleep seems always at a premium but I’m sure nerves are involved too. Looking forward to seeing the guys in the firehall:)

Good luck on your first day back!

I hope it went well. You and your story inspires me.

482 days since my injury and 315 days post TKR. It’s overwhelming. Thinking about the journey to this point, allows me to reflect on how much drive and purpose we need to have, how much support we draw from each other as a group. My gratitude and appreciation to everybody on this forum who adds cheer, emotional support and shares their knowledge towards the goal of recovery is hard to quantify on a computer screen. We aren't at the end of our joint replacement journeys... we have just taken more of the right steps to help us and others get a bit better than we were before:)

I hope it went well. You and your story inspires me.
It was both an inspirational and enjoyable day.... as much as one could consider a day in the life of a first responder. Helping those who need it is a huge drive for most of us. I'm glad I can provide some inspiration for you in your journey:)

You're a wonderfully cheerful and upbeat person. Admirable!
Have a great day! :SUNsmile:
@Axx72

Never been a fan of taking drugs as I like to know where pain tolerance is and don’t want to push mobility too far because of pain killer level
Hi Axx72, I like your wise words. I also want to recognize when I have pushed myself too far and end up with more swelling because of it. Then, of course, I am backpedaling my recovery because I don't go slow and steady like a tortoise.

Glad you had a good first day back.

Your story will be inspiring to others, thank you for sharing it with us! :flwrysmile:

Never been a fan of taking drugs as I like to know where pain tolerance is and don’t want to push mobility too far because of pain killer level
Hi Axx72, I like your wise words. I also want to recognize when I have pushed myself too far and end up with more swelling because of it. Then, of course, I am backpedaling my recovery because I don't go slow and steady like a tortoise.
Many a member in the ODIC…. Keeps us honest.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GordieO
Recent bookmarks