TKR Longest Recovery

Pamelab

Country
United States United States
I'm approaching 18 months post op and still experiencing swelling pain and limited bending; at 110ish. I work out I've lost weight. But had MUA 2 months past op and had another procedure this past Oct scar tissue of which I regret. I don't regret the surgery just the added procedures.

@Pamelab, welcome to Bonesmart. It sounds like your poor knee has had a lot done to it. Would you please give me the dates of your procedures and one of us will add those to your signature? Being able to see those on each of your posts will help us better advise you and other members to see what you had done to your knee.

I’m sorry that you are still struggling. I’m 18 months out too and have those same issues. It is so frustrating to be a slow healer. I have had some improvement with the inflammation by taking Quercetrin and Japanese knotweed, as well as avoiding gluten. I hope that your issues resolve soon.

This March 8th my knee replacement will be two years old, and to be honest, just in the past month I have been feeling way more hopeful of feeling normal. My skin around my replacement just regained feeling. My bend is finally improving to about 120. I also feel that I can trust my knee. I also can now descend stairs one at a time, like a " normal" person, albeit very slowly. I have regretted having the knee replacement for a long time and now I feel like it will be successful. Please don't give up. It will come. I never gave up because I read in this group that you can have progress in your second year. I am a person who bruises very easily and I wondered if that meant I heal more slowly. Just keep walking and doing your everyday activities. Keep us posted!

That is so encouraging! Thank you.
I worry because I find stairs very difficult and I am only 13 weeks post op. To know that you can still improve up to 2 years is very helpful.

@Pamelab, welcome to Bonesmart. It sounds like your poor knee has had a lot done to it. Would you please give me the dates of your procedures and one of us will add those to your signature? Being able to see those on each of your posts will help us better advise you and other members to see what you had done to

@Pamelab, welcome to Bonesmart. It sounds like your poor knee has had a lot done to it. Would you please give me the dates of your procedures and one of us will add those to your signature? Being able to see those on each of your posts will help us better advise you and other members to see what you had done to your knee.

My original surgery date was August 19th 2021. My MUA was Oct 7 2021,

This March 8th my knee replacement will be two years old, and to be honest, just in the past month I have been feeling way more hopeful of feeling normal. My skin around my replacement just regained feeling. My bend is finally improving to about 120. I also feel that I can trust my knee. I also can now descend stairs one at a time, like a " normal" person, albeit very slowly. I have regretted having the knee replacement for a long time and now I feel like it will be successful. Please don't give up. It will come. I never gave up because I read in this group that you can have progress in your second year. I am a person who bruises very easily and I wondered if that meant I heal more slowly. Just keep walking and doing your everyday activities. Keep us posted!

Thank you for those encouraging words. I don't regret the original surgery but wish I'd waited for the MUA.

I’m sorry that you are still struggling. I’m 18 months out too and have those same issues. It is so frustrating to be a slow healer. I have had some improvement with the inflammation by taking Quercetrin and Japanese knotweed, as well as avoiding gluten. I hope that your issues resolve soon.

I'll have to look into those options to ease the swelling. Thank you.

Sounds like a difficult road. Stay positive! It will take u far!

I am 15 months out from TKR and like you still struggling. Knee gets stiff and sore if I overdo it. ROM will make 125 deg with lots of coaxing but generally does not want to go past 100 deg. I’m still at the point where I wish I had never had this done.
cycling 3 or 4 times a week in an effort to loosen the area up.
I’m trying to stay positive but my rate of improvement is pretty glacial.
Thanks for your encouraging words.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member