Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

You have your entire BoneSmart family on your side, Defender. If you doubt the support, take a look at this statistic on your recovery thread:
1600223906466.png

You started your thread this past March - a mere 6 months ago. To date you have 439 replies from your BoneSmart supporters, but a whopping 13,000 views on your thread. This signals that you have a lot of people watching out for you who just don't post actively. Your knee journey has definitely struck a chord with the BoneSmart community. So....feel the love, my friend. We're all on your side to get this behind you and start moving forward with your recovery. ((((HUGS))))

I'm glad BoneSmart has been helpful for you @Defender . Recovery can seem very lonely at times. I think it is comforting to share your journey with others who are going through or have already been there. Hope you are having a great day!

Last week my CRP was 11.4
This week was 13
I do hope it's going to go down they are doing another blood test tomorrow Sunday.
My surgeon said he would like it 10 or below.
I feel like I am getting nowhere I was really hoping to get my replacement before Christmas as this temporary knee is not nice and I want to get on with my life.

Fingers crossed for you @Defender ! Time for you to get a break from all of this. :fingersx:

Defender, I hope that this latest small rise in the count is just an anomaly and your next test will be below that magic "10" number. You need some great news!

We are all hoping this ends for you soon.

Your numbers are still looking good. I have never had a "Normal" CRP. My last test on August was 19.3. They tell me this is due to the inflammation problems I have. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is taken care of soon.

Your numbers are still looking good. I have never had a "Normal" CRP. My last test on August was 19.3. They tell me this is due to the inflammation problems I have. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is taken care of soon.
I am just wondering what level my surgeon will be happy to accept.
I am seeing him in a weeks time..

Good luck with your next blood test. I hope your numbers come back and your surgeon is happy with it so you can have the next step of your surgery.

Many thanks for your replies.
I am getting to the stage where I dread calling on a Monday for my C R P results.
Still getting a lot of pain / aches from my temporary knee is this normal.

You're going to get more discomfort from the temporary spacer than you would if you had a properly fitted implant. Ask your surgeon about the specific pain you're having when you see him next, but I'd say it's probably normal. I'm sorry it's so uncomfortable for you and I hope you can get the next surgery done soon.

On my first revision, my crp settled in at the low teens for several months. We decided that several things other than my knee implant were at fault. The numbers were always up when the arthritis in my other knee and my shoulder flared up.

I am getting to the stage where I dread calling on a Monday for my C R P results.
Please don't stress too much on this test. It was only one of many that they did to clear me for the final surgery....including aspirating my knee again ..ugh. My Infectious Disease Doctor had to reassure me a few times on this.

Spacers are not the greatest fit for sure and can get uncomfortable. I had ruptured tendons along with the spacer that had me in the brace and crutches so it I couldn't do full weight (other than a couple of steps here and there).

Things will get better. :)

I feel as if I am going one step forward and two steps back.
C R P result came back for this week now 44 really feeling low now I am seeing my consultant next week.
My hopes of getting my new knee before Christmas is fading away.

@Defender I am sorry to read your news. Please let us know what action plan your consultant suggests.

I would also like to hear what the infectious disease doctor has to say as well. I'm so sorry to hear this update. Your doctors should be able to tell you a plan of action that is more than just waiting to see the results of the next round of tests.

@Defender ...you really have had a rough time with this! Hope all turns out well for you..:fingersx:

I would also like to hear what the infectious disease doctor has to say as well. I'm so sorry to hear this update. Your doctors should be able to tell you a plan of action that is more than just waiting to see the results of the next round of tests.
When I came off rifampacin I was told they did have a plan B but they thought keeping the flucloxacillin pump would bring the infection down.
I seem to recall it may need a hostpital stay on a I V.
I am seeing my consultant next week and I want to know where we go from here.
I certainly can't carry on like this its certainly not doing much for my mental health.
I am not keen a any long haul hostpital stays as Covid is rising steeply here and I am high risk category.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JPL2016
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom