THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

Thanks @Elf1 . I've not heard of that brand. I know you've mentioned it before, but am so sorry that you have AVN in your feet, too!

Thanks @CricketHip! Yep AVN as a result of having an M16 rifle drop butt first across my right foot and toes! Then the wonderful people at the military hospital thought it would be a good idea to have me put a foam wedge in the heel of my boot, causing more pressure on the already probably broken foot. If I knew then what I know now I would have jumped up and down until I saw a doctor. And the report of this is nowhere in my medical file so that I can go to VA on it! I know, TMI and not hip related, sorry! :chuckmarch:

Helloooo @CricketHip! It's amazing how life has changed in just a couple of weeks....surgeries being postponed has to be high up on the anxiety list right now, and I'm sorry to hear about that for your husband (and you, of course, as his spouse)….

Hope you find relief for those feet of yours....since you're temporarily not working, has the pain diminished a little?

Me and hubby are lying low here in the Catskills. Went for a walk yesterday with a couple of large hills. I thought I would give it a go since my level walks have been wonderful. The new hip was great. Righty has some groin pain today. Grrrrr. Not sure why. I took an advil and will be patient.

My heart goes out to the bonesmarties whose replacement surgeries were postponed as "non-essential". This too shall pass and they will all be out of pain soon!!!

Be well xox

Hello @Bfam85 , so good to hear from you and glad you are tucked in at the Catskills.. sounds lovely.

My one foot got worse, actually! Luckily my neighborhood podiatrist was able to see me on Monday and snap an xray.. as my foot was noticeably swollen.

I have skinny , boney feet and it's difficult to keep my heels from slipping in shoes so I tie my laces super tight and it's created a calcification and bursitis on the top of my foot.
The Dr approved of my new shoes and showed me a way to tie the laces in a way to keep pressure off that boney area.
I also got a little bit of steroids in an injection to the area.
So, stay tuned and hopefully this issue eases up and I can continue to enjoy my longer walks.

The best news is that there is no arthritis that showed on the xray.. that was my biggest worry. Only the area on top where my laces have rubbed for many years..

So your right hip still complains once in a while? I wonder if that will be my right hip, too. I still feel a little tugging and soreness in the groin area, occasionally. But it's not a big concern.. hopefully yours isn't, either. I am most interested in how long it takes to recover? Please stay safe- we will overcome this..

Good to hear your doing well @CricketHip . I sometimes have some issues with my right foot due to my ankle replacement. As well as it has served me because it doesn't have as much range of motion as a normal ankle I some times have pain due to my foot taking more pressure than an original ankle would put on the foot. Typically in the ball of my foot since it gets more pressure due to the lack of flexibility.

So glad your issue is not arthritis @CricketHip Especially happy the cortisone is helping. Sounds very similar to mine. It’s the top of my feet mostly. Please keep us posted. Hoping your hubby is doing ok. So many waiting fir surgery. Hoping this passes us all soon and normal life continues. Take care! Sarah

Good afternoon @CricketHip! The soreness in my right hip (groin area) is gone already. That's the hip I over worked last time, and from time to time I do get occasional soreness. I think it's because I had a bad tendonitis in the beginning from overdoing exercise. A lesson for us all...I have had less and less problems with it year after year. I hope that encourages you that your groin can still heal a lot more in the future.

We went to another state park yesterday and went on a Bluebird trail, searching for bluebirds (early spring birds in our area). There were more hills than I expected, but today....I feel great!

Right hip will be one year old April 29th! This one gives me no trouble at all *yay!!!

How is your foot feeling today? So glad there's no arthritis in your feet. That's great news; so you can now play detective and find out just how to eliminate the pain going forward. Is there a sandal that you can wear that won't rub that particular spot on your foot? Perhaps a bit of a rest for them for now....??

Stay safe, my friend xox

@CricketHip there are elastic type laces you can get for your shoes, some shoe stores carry them. There are ones called Hickies that are rubber, come in all kinds of cool colors and they have directions on how you can lace your shoes for different tightness or if you want looser fit. Had a friend turn me on to them and use them in a lot of my sneakers. My friend that is the occupational therapist saw them and thought they'd be great for some of her patients.

Hi @CricketHip. I just popped in and saw your thread. Sorry to hear that you have bursitis in your feet. That was nice of the podiatrist to see you. I hope that your hips are doing well.

Sorry to hear about your husband. That must be stressful. I hope it all works out, and that he can have his surgery when things are calm and under control. I would not want to be in a hospital right now. Too risky...

@Hip Hip Hooray! hello! :wave:
Good to see you on the forum and I hope you are doing great, also!

My foot is much improved.. and Husband is holding his own. How are things in your neck of the woods? Are you at your 5 years anniversary yet, with your hips?

All is well here, @CricketHip. Thanks for asking. When I see things now, it makes me really appreciate the circumstances surrounding my surgery in 2015. Thank God it's over. Time has flown...

My anniversary will be on August 18th. I had no idea I could feel this good. It just amazes me what they have achieved with this surgery. I feel completely pain free, and before the surgery, I felt 100.

How about you? I will have to go back and read the rest of this thread...

My anniversary will be on August 18th. I had no idea I could feel this good. It just amazes me what they have achieved with this surgery. I feel completely pain free, and before the surgery, I felt 100.

Love this statement! It's great, isn't it? I've yet to get over the thrill of relatively pain free hips. :roseshwr:

Dear @CricketHip,
It means a lot to me that you enjoyed reading my posts and that you think that my PT experience could help others.

I would like you to thank you for sharing how to stimulate one's lymph drainage. I was personally unprepared for the amount of leg swelling I had several days after surgery, and your posts were very reassuring to me.

Congratulations on your upcoming one year anniversary of your second hip! It is so impressive to me that you are a double hippy who does hands on body work!!

Now that I am almost 6 months out from my surgery, I am wondering what the next 6 months will be like, in terms of recovery. While I realize it is an individual experience, hearing about any of your significant moments (whether 'good' or 'bad') over the last 6 months would help me prepare for what might be ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @CricketHip I just saw your thread up at the top and peeked. I didn't go far enough back to see what's with Mr Cricket, but my commiseration is with both of you on that, and maybe his surgery can be soon-- last Thursday I had a little hernia repair as soon as elective surgery came back, so that I didn't find myself having an emergency repair in the ER hallway next winter! So maybe DH can be next in line.
That is fascinating about the calcification! (and so glad your feet are doing better!). I haven't been able to wear lace-up shoes for more than an hour without right foot pain in 40 years, and I have a hard sticky-uppy place on top of that foot. Huh. My solution is to wear them only for walking.
Annnnd! Your anniversary is in less than two weeks! Yay! :yay: :happydance:

@Elf1 thank you for your service, and that's awful about the AVN!

@zauberflöte hello! Husband had his stent, it's been almost 3 weeks ago, actually! He's doing very well, we are so relieved.
Hernia repair, eh? you sure know how to have a good time, don't you?

My podiatrist showed me how to fix my laces by skipping a couple of the holes for the laces that would run right over the top of my foot, thereby avoiding that bump on top there and the bursa. So far, it's helping! The feet aren't perfect but much much better, all I can ask for, right?
I hope you are healing well.. and yep, almost to my anniversary.
This recent hip doesn't behave as well as my left one did,, hoping I may see more improvement in the months past the year milestone.

@CricketHip needing a stent is very scary-- so glad he's doing well!!! And ugh sorry about your hip. This sounds crazy, but, would it have anything to do with weather? As in, both mine were hot weather hips. Was your first a winter one? I think the weather affects my hip tissues more than it does my fingers with arthritis! Both my hips kept improving in the second and even third year, so there is definitely hope for you :yes: :console2:

The hernia recovery is coming Along well. This little puppy was a gift from a laparoscopic peek 40+ years ago. I told that surgeon he'd moved my belly button, and he said yes, and probably gave you a hernia down the road too! Current surgeon dx incisional hernia-- bingo! Now I am wondering if my 30-yr-old 6" sideways hysterectomy scar is going to pop! :yikes::yikes:

Hey @CricketHip :wave:
Happy One Year Anniversary, Righty!
I‘m sure many are appreciative and have benefited from all the love, advice and support you freely offer here.
Cheers to a perfect Summer 2020! :cheers:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks