THR FCBayern's Recovery

3 month anniversary of getting my super custom aftermarket hip installed! Overall things have been going very well for me, taking long walks with my dog again which makes him a very happy boy. :dogwalk: I did find out over the weekend that neither my hip or knee are too happy with a long car ride. Traveled 7 1/2 hours each way over 3 days and was pretty miserable by the end of the ride. Not too surprising at this stage of recovery. Just spending a little more time :ice:than usual, I imagine by tomorrow it will be feeling pretty good again.

Glad to see you are resting and icing. That sounds like a rather arduous car ride. I found this out like you did.. after a long car trip. By the time we returned home, I felt like I resembled a pretzel!

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I had difficulty with long car rides myself for several months. Hopefully with some extra rest today, you’ll be feeling better tomorrow.
Have a great week!
@FCBayern

Happy 3 Month Hipaversary! Nice update. I'm not sure if be up for a 7 1/2 car ride now and I'm much farther than you. Of course I'm not one for long car rides anymore, too many cross country trips during our years in the military.

Congratulations on your 3 month hip anniversary! Life is sounding good! I bet your dog is so happy to see you moving so much. How nice to get out and see different sites.

Overall things have been going very well for me, taking long walks with my dog again which makes him a very happy boy.

Thanks for the good wishes @Layla @CricketHip @Elf1 and @VSlowLife feeling much better after a day icing, even though it was a work day. I use an ace wrap to hold my jel pack at work so I can still move around and go to the printer etc. It's amazing how much more of life I'm living again. :happydance:A Bonesmart recovery is definitely the way to go! :egypdance:

Glad to read here that you are feeling better! Yes, indeed, the Bonesmart way is the way to heal.. and just wait, you have lots of healing still, to do and you will be so thrilled..

I still marvel at all I can do again, too.

Cue the happy chicken dance.. :chuckmarch:

Congratulations on living your life again. I know the feeling so well. I was just saying to my husband how great it is to go grocery shopping and stop at 2 other places and not have to part close and not be hurting at the end of it. Life is great again even if it is raining today.

Have a wonderful day.

Took advantage of a beautiful 75 degree day yesterday to take my handsome 4 legged boy for a hike in the San Joaquin River National Wildlife Refuge:dogwalk:. Lots of birds and other wildlife during our hike of 3 miles over uneven ground but I feel great today, feeling the leg muscles a little bit as they continue to strengthen but the hip and knee aren't giving me any problems at all. What an amazing change from year of moving in pain.

Attachments

• San Joaquin River National Wildlife Refuge.jpg
    San Joaquin River National Wildlife Refuge.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 253
Congratulations on your 3 mile walk! Your dog had to love it, too. What a beautiful place to view on your walk. Thank you for sharing the photo.

How wonderful you are at a place where the muscles are not complaining. Hope to be there, too, one day, with no muscle aches.

Happy Saturday @FCBayern :SUNsmile:
What a lovely accomplishment the 3 mile walk was while taking in all of that natural beauty. Happy to read you enjoyed it without any major negative effect. Thanks for sharing the pretty photo.
Enjoy the weekend!

Beautiful country, @FCBayern

I helped my brother-in-law with a prescribed burn yesterday in his property and walked through some dense woods through thickets of briars and uneven terrain.
My hips are strong and capable...aren't we lucky.:egypdance:

Today was day 4 of working from home due to COVID-19. Cazily enough I'm feeling more cabin fever than I did during my initial recovery! :oyvey: I think it's the fact that I feel much better and the weather has been beautiful during the day. I have taken a long lunch time walk with the dog and I know that's helping both of us but he can't seem to understand why dad doesn't spend all day playing with him since I'm home. :puppysmooze: It's like trying to work from home with a small child in the house.:heehee:

It is definitely like having a little one, sometimes even crazier. I have cats and the one will come over and butt her head against my arm, over and over, have sent some interesting emails and posts due to them!

And, it's like the pets sense that we are feeling much better than we were during recovery so they aren't tip toeing around anymore. Full on dive bomb in your lap! :heehee: But they do bring happiness and laughter to our lives and we can all definitely use that right now! :catbutterfly:

Today marks 39 years since my beautiful wife and best friend married me. I still don't know what she saw in me but whatever it was I'm darned glad she did. Looking forward to many more happy years together.:loveshwr: :yay::flwrysmile:

Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!
Wishing you 39 more.
You’ll look like this -> :old:
@FCBayern

Happy Anniversary to both of you, enjoy your day!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back