THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

That's great, @ceezee. I think it's a good thing to have our surgery records. I think your stems are longer than mine, too. :snork:

Hoo boy, am I tall? Like 5 inches more than you! I'll look for my hip pictures and reassure myself that my stems are adequate.. :beg: jk. I think mine are doing just fine. But they seriously aren't as long as yours, unless it's the angle.

I’m very short waisted with long legs for my height. People always think I’m taller than I am.
I agree though, I think the stems he gave me are longer than usual. I’m good with that. :yes:

At 5'6" mine is shorter than yours also, CZ.
I wonder how they determine the length to use? Did your OS tell you. I never asked...blindly trusted.
Fingers crossed my prosthetic is adequate and outlasts me.

You're doing well which is most important. Have a lovely SuperBowl weekend! Do you watch and prepare fancy schmancy appetizers?
@ceezee

I didn’t ask either. It didn’t even dawn on me until this discussion that their length wasn’t so usual. I’m of slight build so I wonder if because my femur isn’t all that thick the added length adds needed stability for my build. :chinstroke:

We don’t go to our host a super bowl party. It’ll just be us. So I am making Buffalo Wings in my new Breville Smart Oven Pro that has an Air Fry setting. I’ve been playing around with it this week and it’s fabulous, fast, and easy. We’re also having chili that I made earlier and froze quarts of it. Nothing too fancy.

Tomorrow we’re having the neighbors over for aquavit, miso halibut (dome in my Japanese roaster), sous vide carrots, air fried potato wedges, and a salad. I’m making Buttermilk Rosemary ice cream this afternoon for tomorrow’s dessert.

I just suddenly realized that my energy drain has largely abated. That snuck up on me. Nice!
:yes!: :wow:

I agree that it probably has to do with your slight build. My stems are thicker.. I'm just glad that all of our surgeons know what's best for us and it's not a "one size fits all" deal.

It sure does sound like your energy drain has lifted! Congrats again, you did it!!

I'm just glad that all of our surgeons know what's best for us

We HOPE! :rotfl: I Yi Yi :fingersx:

I lost faith when mine who came highly recommended, was with the practice for 20 yrs, was relatively young, replaced both of my dad's and someone else's close to me, suddenly left under scandalous circumstances. No warning, no accolades for the time he spent there, just a letter stating he was GONE! This was 7 months after my op. I felt abandoned in a sense. You'd at least like to follow through with the person who performed the actual surgery through the first year. But, "you know what" happens. What's a girl to do? :shrug:

Ahh, my culinary master is up to her usual foodie magic again! :bow:. That ice cream sounds divine!! By the way, my last sourdough loaf looked just like the cover photo on Forkish's book! Thanks my friend. :thumb:

How's life treating you, CZ?
I miss hearing from you now and again. Assuming all is well with you.
Would love to read an update if you care to share one.
Have a great week!
@ceezee

Life has been good.

I’m waiting for the plane to take me back home from an 8 day trip to Florida. It’s been just me as this is a busy time for my husband‘s work and he couldn’t get away. I spent 6 days in St. Petersburg staying at my sister in law’s rented condo right on the gulf. Very peaceful with walks on the beach in the early morning. I’m still stiff at times and my right thigh gets sore but I’m convinced it is caused by my back. The bed wasn't the best. Lol.

From there I met a friend who now lives in Orlando and we went to a home practice season opener ballgame in Clearwater. And from there we headed to Titusville for two nights to go to the Kennedy Space Center during the one full day we had. I’ve been there once before and was very happy to get back. We’re both science fiction fans and it’s amazing to see the real thing. Again, plenty of walking. I also managed to not get a sunburn through everything.

My stamina still isn’t completely back to ’normal’ but I've been definitely keeping up. My ROM is getting better all the time and I’m even very very close to sitting ‘Indian style’ cross legged. Much/most of the time I don’t really even think of my hips.

Going through TSA was a snap.....just have to mention two hip replacements and they ran me through the wave device. Simple. TSA Pre is a wonderful service and certainly worth the money.

I’ll be happy to see my husband.....and dogs.....again. Over the 35 years we have been married this is the longest my husband and I have been apart.

Great update and sounds like you've been having fun! That is so awesome!

I’m even very very close to sitting ‘Indian style’ cross legged.

So glad to hear from you! Sounds like you are doing well. It’s a great feat not to get a sunburn in Florida. All that sun must have felt great. Glad all went well through TSA. most of the time I do not feel the new hip, either. I can’t test the outer angles yet, like you, but look forward to it.

I am sure your husband and dogs will enjoy seeing you again!

Be well!

Hello world Traveler!! Glad to find your recent update. I think you sound pretty much on track with all that you are doing. As you said earlier on in your thread,, "throw the confetti!" :loveshwr:

What an encouraging update, CZ! I somehow missed this until now. :sad:
Even though your stamina wasn’t back to normal on your vacay, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and squeezed in a lot of activity. It’s great the things you were able to enjoy without being in pain. Joint replacement is a lifesaver!
A wonderful weekend to you, hubs and your fur babies. :)
@ceezee

Thanks everyone!

I have to admit that since I got back from Florida I’m feeling even stronger so all that activity was sorely needed to help with recovery.

Now I need to get in shape for our 3+ week trip to Norway coming up in June. :dancy:
Shlepping suitcases, driving around, tons of walking, etc. By then it’ll be one year since my first hip and ten months since the second. Done and dusted.

Sounds like a wonderful trip to look forward to.. You will be rarin to go by June.

It's a good feeling to be on the upswing, yes? Are you still going for any of the McKenzie Method sessions of PT?

I’m not going to PT at all. During the two weeks I went they taught me the exercises I need to do at home and gave advice on posture, sitting, and sleeping. It all seems to be working. :yes!: Of course, it would be better if I did the exercises faithfully every day.

I've stopped looking for improvements once a week and now do it by month. It’s still amazing how much I’m improving.

Thrilled to hear how well you did on your trip @ceezee Sounds like you had a really great visit.

I am still nervous about leaving my comfort zone, but encouraging to read how well you did with two new hips! Norway sounds so fabulous! Motivating to be sure. :egypdance:

Happy Saturday!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom