THR SuperPath and Hip Dysplasia

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: @Mersada ! That may have been a wise choice tonight. I tried going out with friends tonight. Despite bringing a pillow for my chair, I had such searing pain from hip to knee it took my breath away, and it took me a while to slowply and safely, move up to a stand.

Thank you @VSlowLife. Sorry you are having such a hard time. Your surgery is soon, though....hopefully it solves the pain issues. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery. Hope for a healthy happy 2020!!

Thank you @Mersada. I have to admit, when the level of pain gets so bad it takes your breath away, the surgery can’t come soon enough. Just met another woman who golfs today, and she told me so many people at her club have had knees and hips done, some as old as 90, and they are still out there on the course, enjoying life. That was encouraging to hear.

I have already passed some clearance testing. More to come next week. So many folks are getting done in January! I thought it might be a very slow month, but it seems quite the opposite. Glad to have the company. Stay in touch.

@VSlowLife , that does sound encouraging. I look forward to traveling and being able to do walking tours again--something I have a hard time with at the moment. You pain sounds more unbearable than mine--mine is a dull kind of pain, not too too bad as long as I don't walk too far.

I can't believe all the clearance testing you have to do, I didn't realize that. Fingers crossed you make it through all of them. You don't have that long to go before the day is here. Look forward to reading about it on the other side,

Hi, I am new in these forums. Is there some way to send a private message to one of the forum posters? I would like info on where they are located and the name of their surgeon. I am not sure if they are allowed to post that to the group. Is that OK? If it is not OK, is there some way to send a private message to someone? Thank you all for your help.

:wave:Hi @Footsox1
Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing you are anticipating hip surgery so I would begin by starting your own thread. You can actually ask your questions there.
This keeps us from derailing Mersada's thread.
If you need help, let us know. You can use the @ sign like I did before your name to alert staff or members in particular.

Hello @Mersada
Wondering how you're doing these days? I hope well, considering the circumstances. With any luck you're able to hold off as long as you need to so all is as you want it to be at the time of your surgery. That way you'll be able to fully relax in your recovery. Wishing you comfort always!
@Mersada

Hi @Layla ,
I doing ok, hanging in there. I went to the mall with my sisters over the weekend. I felt it the next day. I won't be doing too much of that. I felt pretty good today, hip wasn't hurting much or feeling awkward too much. It's strange, sometimes I get totally different pains on different days. Never know what to expect.
Thank you for thinking of me. I am on the boards reading mostly.

Hope you have a great weekend!

felt pretty good today, hip wasn't hurting much or feeling awkward too much. It's strange, sometimes I get totally different pains on different days. Never know what to expect.

I remember that and it always made me second guess THR. You'll know when the time is right, Mersada.

Just wanted to say Hi as I think of you often and hope you're hanging in there and not suffering too miserably.
Wishing you comfort and hoping you have a nice weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads