THR Here I go again!

Hoping you're feeling better today and that the antibiotics have finally kicked in. Being back to work has to be draining so hopefully you're really resting in the evenings. Please take care and let us know how things are going.

Well I went back to clinic today. Ear isn't infected, so another ear rinse to get wax out. I picked up some nasal spray and allergy pills. I just feel icky in the head and ear is kinda sore from the rinse, like a fire hose in the ear. I hope the locust leave my ear soooooon!:hissy: Lucy will get her knee surgery on Nov 22. I could of got her in now, however her ramp isn't built yet. Weather has been cold, wet and horribly windy. I was able to walk almost limp free without Cane. You know, I read what some of you all are doing physically and it is a bittersweet realization. I have never been physically active outside of work, however I just want to be able to get stuff done, get things done on my own! I hate this, others have their stuff to do also. I want to take care of my yard, do "easy" repairs and lay my house out nice. Add in some more physical activity like the walking poles and riding. This is my rage, and I thank you for it. I say all this because you all are inspiring to me. I know I will get where I want to go and it's all up to me. I encourage my soul, tomorrow is a new beginning, not only for me but for all of you all. :friends: Goodnight

Hi Jules...
Well the fact that your ear isn't infected is good news. Hopefully the noises in your head stop soon. I can imagine how annoying it must be. It's good you have a surgery date for Lucy, the poor girl. You'll be nursing her over Thanksgiving holiday when I'm assuming you may have some extra time off work, which would be nice for both you and Lucy.

Don't be hard on yourself, dear Jules. Being inspired by others activity level is a good thing as it may spur you on to enagage in a more physically active life, away from work and home. You're only a little over three months post op and shouldn't compare yourself to others as far as recovery goes. I realize you understand that, but I also know that's it's tempting and we all tend to do it, myself included. As the weather cools and the days shorten possibly you'll get some extra rest, regain strength, build endurance and feel a lot stronger by the early days of Spring. Maybe you can tinker away at some interior projects as the change of seasons draws us indoors. You'll figure it out.

You're right about new beginnings. Each day affords us a fresh start, so make your Tuesday a good one! :wink:

@julesglass

Hi, @julesglass--hurray for no ear infection, but it sounds like you are still uncomfortable. I am sorry about that. I hope that the unpleasant symptoms fade quickly and your hearing won't involve buzzing from those imaginary insects! I can only agree with others that, yes, it is tempting to disparage ourselves when we read about how well others are doing and we contrast that with our own progress. But our bodies are in control, and it's definitely not a case of "mind over matter". You are progressing at a rate which is appropriate for YOU! Once you are fully healed and back to doing your normal activities without pain, then maybe, if you choose, you can focus on adding more activity and exercise into your schedule. There is plenty of time for that, however, but now just take the time you need to heal and be confident that you are going to get to the end of this weary hip recovery journey. Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks @Layla, @Barbaraj for your kindness. I am doing much better today and be back to work tomorrow. The allergy pills and nasal spray has really helped with the sinuses and the locust are quieted down some. My drive got new gravel this morning. :yes!: Now I feel I'm ready for winter, gravel in and lawnmower man will take care of the dreaded snow in the driveway. :happydance: I hope to get enough space cleared in the garage to store my deck table and chairs for winter. I'll do what I can to get where I want to go as my body allows me. It's just so great not to have bad hip pain, just healing bumps in the road now. Now, if only it would warm up enough to paint the shed. :fingersx: Take care, keep smiling! (you know I am!) :egypdance:

Good Morning :wave:
It's good to know you're doing much better as far as your cold and ear infection go.

Ready for Winter....ugh! It is that time of year and with high temps in the 30's predicted for next week, up here, further north than you. It's coming sooner than I want it to. Time to store the deck furniture for sure. Happy to hear your hips are doing well and best part is it will get even better. :happydance: Happy Thursday, make it a good one!
@julesglass

Hi, @julesglass, hoping the last of that nasty cold has gone and you're feeling better and more energetic. Sure, there are bumps on the road for all of us, but nothing as bad as pre-surgery. So, just keeping plugging along! Happy Thursday!

Afternoon everyone. I got 7+ hrs in for thurs and fri at work. :yes!: Just the usual discomfort. My knee has gotten better over this past week. Muscles in my thigh are still bothering me at a 2 after about five steps after sitting for a while. Lucy is bugging me to do the Saturday errands including the dog park. The ramp will be done today so I can train Lucy for it. Going to work on clearing some more stuff out. Going to "rope" off a small area so I don't overdo it like I usually do. My ear is still improving along with sinuses. The locust have left and my hearing is improving slowly. You all take care and keep on keeping on! :walking: Remember it's all good, even when it's not.

After two busy days at work, @julesglass, you should definitely be taking it easy this weekend. Sure, okay to do some errands, but pacing yourself (good idea about roping off a small area to control yourself when the clearing and cleaning urges take over!) will ensure you don't go crazy. Hope you had a good Saturday and a good Sunday, so tomorrow when you're back at work you feel rested up and ready. Cheers!

Hey Jules :wave:
We haven't heard from you all week. I hope it's been a good one and you're not too weary from work. Hopefully your knee continues to improve and your head has completely cleared allowing you some peace. Locusts be gone! With any luck, sweet Lucy is hanging in there as she waits three more weeks for her surgery. Wishing you a happy Friday evening and a great weekend!
@julesglass

@julesglass :wave: glad to read the locusts are leaving! Back to work, that's good, too.
I hope you have a nice weekend in front of you.

How's the knee, hopefully even better?

Evening everyone. I've been doing pretty good. I can now do 7 1/2 hrs at work now. My knee is great now, no more pain. Still hobble about a minute when I get up and after sitting for any amount of time. It's getting down to just back pain with "just know" my left leg is still healing when carrying things, climbing stairs or a combination of both. This last weekend including today I haven't had to take a pain pill, victories come in small packages. I haven't made much progress in the house beings I don't do anything other than daily stuff during the week. That leaves Saturday mainly for things like that. Had the grandaughter over the weekend, had fun. She has matured so much the past 2yrs. She's the one that wanted to know if she was adopted. I've been sitting waiting for the computer to update... it's been a half hr so far 21% done, ugh. Chins up and a smile on your face, make um wonder what you know!

Hi Jules!! It's so good to hear from you.. I was a bit worried.. for no good reason., apparently! Hopefully that was your last extended visit to the ODIC.
I agree about the carrying of heavy things.. that still reminds me that there's a new hip in there.
Then a visit from your grand daughter.. sounds like there is normalcy returning to your routine and that's the best thing ever!!
Have a good week.

Good to hear from you, Jules.
Sounds like you're back to full time at work and handling it well. Thankfully your knee is no longer bothering you,

Taking a minute to get your bearings upon rising is quite common. Possibly you experienced the same after your right hip surgery? Great news you haven't needed anything for pain, that's an encouraging sign.

I'm sure with Winter fast approaching you'll spend more time indoors and as you catch up on rest and your stamina increases you'll be able to accomplish the indoor projects you've mentioned. Spending time with your granddaughter is more fulfilling than home organization anyway, as they grow so quickly. Glad you two were able to enjoy each other's company.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
@julesglass

:wave:@julesglass
So nice to hear things are getting better!
Your granddaughter sounds precocious and fun.
She's the one that wanted to know if she was adopted

Same with me, but it was mom that was asking if I was adopted :heehee:

Have a great week!

Yay, @julesglass, glad to read a hopeful, positive update. I think all of us struggle upon arising, from bed in the morning (oooh....groan) and after sitting. It always takes awhile to get over the morning aches and pains but if you're able to put in 7-1/2 hours at work daily, you sound like you're doing GREAT! And resorting to pain pills last weekend is definitely a lovely small victory that can and should be celebrated. We're all getting better and stronger, aren't we? Happy Tuesday

Happy to see you and it sounds like things are moving right along. I can so relate to that little hobble, stutter step when getting up. :old:. Not quite that bad though :snork:!

I also relate to the projects around the house. Seems like I've been playing catch up around here for the last few years. I'm just trying to plug away at a little section at a time every day, eventually I'll be done or just give up! I know it's still tough for you with being back to work and still recovery. Just keep taking it slow and easy. Keep that smile going and keep them wondering! :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back