THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

There’s a fine dining restaurant in the lodge, our room has a fireplace, and we’re bringing a bottle of port.
I had an inkling we were kindred spirits. Now I KNOW! :rotfl: :martini:
Sounds like you're all set for a well deserved vacay. Enjoy!!

@ceezee I just got my cookbook. I got it with free points.. I want to cook most all of it. NOW. Usually very procurable ingredients and just a different way of viewing combinations. Never will I just think of a parsnip as a tato sub.

There’s a fine dining restaurant in the lodge, our room has a fireplace, and we’re bringing a bottle of port.

Sounds so peaceful and romantic and fun... I'm a tad jelly. :wink:

My husband needs this as much if not more than I do. He’s a tax attorney and has been working crazy hours since August. October is a second tax due date for estate taxes and many corporations. Add that to taking care of me basically since mid May. And those last couple of months I could hardly move. I’ve been little to no help. He’s been a prince about it with no complaints and always cheerful and upbeat. I got really lucky 35 years ago.

It sounds well deserved for both of you.
I hope you two lovebirds create many wonderful memories together and have the time of your lives.
You're blessed to have one another!
@ceezee

This was a big day but I didn’t intend to be so. Over 7,500 steps and nearly 4 miles.

This is how it started out. I took Ripple for her first walk with me in the neighborhood. She was phenomenal and interested in every single squirrel she saw but still behaved on the leash. I was impressed. When we got back I then sat on the floor to pick out socks to bring this next week in vacation. Yup, sat on the floor. First time in many many months. Then it was....how do I get up? So I cleared my mind and just stood up. Next step was going out to dinner at a local place that has some outdoor seating and they let you bring your dog(s). That was a great meal with just a few margaritas. Last stop was my local Apple store, where I had worked for 4 years part time and it was so much fun. I ran into several people I was so glad to see again. Lots of hugs and admiration of my two whippets.

Now we’re home, dogs are fed, and I’m going to pull out an ice pack, just in case.

What a nice day, ceezee!
I'll bet you were pleased Ripple was on her best behavior on your first walk together. At four miles your doing great after only recently getting on your own two feet again.

Getting on the floor does feel rewarding for the first time after THR. It's the getting up that causes one to pause. Did you do it gracefully? :heehee: I found that challenging at first. I felt like I was changing positions in a game of Twister! Right hand here, left leg over there, rear up in the air,
I Yi Yi! Comical for sure. I hope your hips handled it well.

I'll bet it was fun bringing the dogs to dine, probably more so for them than you. Hopefully they were well behaved.

After a good meal, a Margarita and hugs and conversation with old co-workers I'd say you had a pretty good day. :)

A peaceful evening to you!
@ceezee

Good for you @ceezee ! Sounds like a good day, spontaneously sitting down, too! then you got back up.. hurrah!

We have so much fun when we bring Rooney along for a car ride and dinner. So nice to have places like that. You are improving with each day, so happy for you. :flwrysmile:

This was a relatively small study group, but it certainly presents information that patients need to be aware of when considering cortisone injections. The study results indicate there may be some people who are more prone to negative results from such injections that can include:

* Accelerated osteoarthritis progression
* Subchondral insufficiency fracture
* Complications of osteonecrosis
* Rapid joint destruction, including bone loss

This study and it's results do not mean a person shouldn't consider cortisone injections as a treatment for joint pain when you would prefer to wait for a joint replacement. It just means there are some additional risks (not inevitable events) not been previously identified that need to be discussed with your doctor as you decide what options to take for treatment.

:hi: Happy Friday!
I believe it is today, or tomorrow, that you're heading out on your vacay.
I'll bet you're excited. The plans you've shared sound wonderful. I hope you are comfortable the entire time and you and hubs enjoy immensely.
Sending a hug and wishes for safe travels!
@ceezee

Have an absolutely amazing time, you so deserve it! Hope the weather is awesome and you have no pains, zips, nips or discomfort @ceezee!

I think we may be ready to head out tomorrow morning!

I got a massage and dropped off the dogs. She says my IT band is like a rock. I’m so hoping this trip will gently push me to do a bit more but not overdo it. My great friend the massage therapist is also who watches the dogs for me. She’s in charge of WRAP, the national whippet rescue and placement organization. So my two are in for whippet camp! But I miss them already. :boohoo:Usually when we go to Canada we take them but this time I didn’t want to expend the extra energy.

All packed for colder weather, I hope I have enough layers. Tomorrow is over a 6 hour drive which isn’t too bad. We’ll stop for lunch and gas so I can stretch my legs. Luckily driving hasn’t been an issue with me at all.

I have a great app (Packing Pro) on my iPad that I use to organize my packing for trips. it saves me tons of time and helps me to not forget anything. Especially helpful for important things...like passports or spare eyeglasses.

I need to relax a bit now... my Apple watch says I climbed 12 flights and walked about 5,000 steps. That’s plenty for today.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

Wow, you are going to have a wonderful trip, @ceezee, and while you will miss your baby, that baby will be enthusiastically waiting for your return. And, sounds like you have a wonderful person to care for your pooches while you're away--that is so great. I hope the weather isn't too cold, just cool but sunny and lovely fall color everywhere--enjoy! And 7000 steps on day followed by 5000 on the next? You are doing really, really well! You should be very proud of yourself, including that rising from the ground without toppling over. None of us are graceful at first (or, ur...ever) but it does feel good to be able to do something so simple and yet important in our daily lives! I hope you and your husband enjoy yourselves Big Time!

Hoping all is well with you my double hippy friend:chuckmarch:
Almost three months out on number 2!

I'm late to the party but in case you sign on..... Happy Trails!!
The ITBand was my nemesis also. It's finally relaxing and I rarely even think about it now.
You'll get there, too.
:driver:

Almost three months out on number 2!
That‘s only accurate for the hip itself!

For my right side I reset the counter to start when I got the all clear to walk, September 26th. So I’m only almost one month out on number 2! If I look at it as three months I get myself into all kinds of trouble. :unsure:

The trip is going wonderfully. The weather has been good, more leaves on the trees than I expected, the locations are gorgeous, and the food is to die for.

I thought I’d be getting more walking in than I am but on Thursday we head to Montréal which will definitely entail lots of walking.

Here’s the view from our cabin in Québec Province where we are for four days.
DC937F6B-EA5B-4587-B230-ABCE993D0E05.jpeg

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020