THR Here I go again!

So happy to hear things are smoothing out for you @julesglass
:egypdance:
I think you have done splendidly and it hasn't even been 3 months quite.
Things are going to keep getting better and better.:yes:

Morning to you all on this rainy day. Lucy won't go do her morning duty, her head got wet. Thanks you all, love the ice cream comments. :snork: There's an ice cream shop that has been here forever. It always has a line of people to pick from the large list of treats. Hot fudge malts to the flavor of the week, sooo good. How about a turtle sundae or a peanut butter malt? I haven't gone there yet, however I will before they close for the season. Anyway I am doing good, however I do still struggle with discomfort along my thigh and that annoying knee. I find that more resting on the weekends keeps the annoying knee annoyed. Balance of movement and rest on the weekend is a work in progress. There is a mountain of things to do in the house to work through. I've got the weekly chores down, now to get started on stuff that was left here from having family living here 3 yrs ago. I'll get started after I've had my 3 cups of coffee. You all take care, rest when your body says to rest. Keep on keeping on, it's all good even when it's not! :happyfeet:

Lucy won't go do her morning duty, her head got wet.

Diva Lucy, haha. :dogsniff: She doesn't want a bad hair day.

You all take care, rest when your body says to rest. Keep on keeping on, it's all good even when it's not! :happyfeet:

Great attitude, jules :yes: You're doing well. Have a wonderful Sunday:)

Hi, @julesglass It was wet and miserable in my neck of the woods all day today, so I can feel your pain--and Lucy's too. I think you've nailed the problem with your thigh/knee ache--the key really is to find the right mix of rest and activity. Too much of either will cause problems. But, it's a work in progress and, as you say, we'll all need to "keep on keeping on". Hope the rest of your day went well.

Rainy and thunderstorms here too. Find everything aches when we have this kind of weather. Gee I wonder when there are no more aches.Sounds like you are taking it with patience and perseverance.Have a great day today.

Morning rainy morning. We've had alot of rain past few days with a thunderstorm early morning yesterday. They've got me cutting glass for a new window at work. This involves more walking and some lifting sheets of glass. In order to hit my 6hr goal it required pain pill and then tylenol 2 hrs later. No problem lifting the glass and placing it on the table. My leg did start to ache more, not bad though. It's my lower back that starts to scream. It was that way before THR first time just not so soon in the day. I know my back is not in good shape as surgeon said "your back is not good". I still haven't been out with my poles. It's either too hot or raining, so still in the house with them. Figure I'll keep on the 6hr schedule next week and try to increase it later to 8hrs. I do get frustrated with not being able to get more done at home. It's still better than before replacement parts so I'll take what I can get!:yes!: You all take care walking with that smile that keeps them wondering.:walking:

Hope maybe you'll get a chance to rest up a bit this weekend, @julesglass I know you report you're handling your work schedule (which sounds pretty exhausting to me) but it's got to take a toll on your body. Your hip is still recovering and I'm sure the back issues must kick in as well by day's end so you're pretty exhausted. I know it's probably tempting to turn yourself over completely to "home chores" on the weekend, but don't forget you need to relax as well and recharge for next week's work demands. You are doing so well, but the fatigue and stress of long hours on your feet must take their toll so be kind to yourself.

Oh I do rest after work @Barbaraj. I might do a load of laundry or something and relax in my chair. So far the weekends are normal stuff. You know, groceries, laundry, maybe some vacuuming. Maybe I'll clear another corner of my living space today. I got my pole saw I ordered so I'm reading the manual right now, it's too wet to try it out. Tree trimming will be next Feb, however I've got branches that have fallen to cut up. I'll have my friend guide me as I learn my new "toy"! Well I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and I'll get this day rolling, up and at em! :wink:

You are an active one, Jules. You always seem to be busy with a project and completing those tasks in addition to your regular job must feel exhausting at times. Tree trimming sounds pretty ambitious to me and referring to your latest purchase of pole saw as your new toy made me chuckle. I hope you find it useful in the cutting back of branches you intend to tackle several months from now. Do you ever watch YouTube videos on how to assemble or use something properly? I find it helpful and utilize it often. Nothing like a visual as assistance.
Hope you have a wonderful Saturday once the Java kicks in!
@julesglass

I assume you've probably already drunk coffee drink #3 by now and are "relaxing" with your home chores by now, @julesglass. It all sounds like a lot of work still, but you know your own body best and you've done so well to date that I'm guessing you've got the rest/activity balance figured out pretty well. Tomorrow is another work day so I know you'll be really busy and focused on that--but nice to read you do come home and rest in the evenings. Your job is so physical that I have to believe that you really do need evenings to recharge and relax so you can get up the following day and start all over again. Chill out today, okay? Happy Sunday!

Lunch time! This morning has been pretty good. Got 5 hrs in and do another 2, I hope. My back is just now starting to complain. As with others I'm limping some after getting up in the morning or sitting more than 10 min. My cat has caught an other mouse. Score is now 4 to 2 he's in the lead. Gotta get more living space cleared to see where these varmints are getting in. Gets very frustrating trying to get my house cleared out with no help. I looked at hiring help, cost too much and my other kids live too far away. Oh well, it is what it is just Lucy and me and she's not much help when comes to cleaning. Figure if I can get one big bag filled a night or every two nights I'll feel better about my situation. Maybe I'll try out my new "toy" and cut some branches up after I get home. Chins up everybody it's getting better! :wink:

Great to read you've had a good morning, hard working, Jules.
Have you considered hiring any high school or college kids? That may be more affordable?
Maybe even just a couple times would help you put a big dent in your project.
I hope your back holds over the next two hrs at work and you're able to put your feet up once you're home for the evening. Have a great rest of the day!
@julesglass

Hi Tough Lady...:)
My back plays up (SI joint Im pretty sure) and Ive been doing some pretty good stretches now that Im a bit far out that have helped. New hips dont like carrying heavy things:sigh:

All in All, you sound fabulous. Sometimes, we just fake it til we make it.:tada:
Do take care.

Morning, I gotta question concerning the upgrade on the forum here. I just downloaded the app., I can't remember my password to get on it, help?

:mcoffee: Good morning Sunshine.
I don't know how to help but am inquiring on your behalf.

Hope you you have a good day, Jules.

:giggle:Everyone knows A Carla at A Gas Station:) but no...its just an obvious observation!:yes:

I can imagine a few less than appealing weather names to be called other than Sunshine.
Misty, Stormy, Skye etc. Carla's choice must be a testament to your sunny disposition.
With any luck you don't have too crazy of a day on tap and hoping the skies are sunny in your neck of the woods. Cloudy and a bit chilly here this morning.

Wishing you a good day at work and some R&R with your feet up when you get home.
Have a good one Sunny Jules! :SUNsmile:
@julesglass

Well, @julesglass, despite your earlier protestations that you really do "relax" at home, I sure can't see it when I read your postings about everything you do--first a day job and then home to do house clearing on your own. I just hope you do it very slowly and carefully, and intersperse activity with rest. You have so much on your plate, it seems, and I just hoping resting has equal billing on your daily dance card. Hang in there, better every day for all of us, I'm hoping. Happy Tuesday!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie