TKR Ladyala recovery

I'm so glad Fred liked PT and has been playing nice!

I also fall into chairs. Learning to sit mindfully is quite a challenge. Who knew it was so complicated? I do the same thing with stairs, trying to pay attention to how I should be distributing my weight so I strengthen the correct muscles.

I wish I could do therapy in the pool.

Even though I don't have to, I still find myself pushing up to get up out of a chair. If I'm thinking about it, then I won't use my arms. But, I revert back to it very quickly.

Car shopping...fred is not a fan & I don't like it either!! Its hot & humid (well humid for us anyway) so it's not the best day for walking around concrete parking lots & climbing in & out of cars. Oh well, it must be done & it's the end if the month so we are hoping we can get a really good deal. We are trying to replace both cars today so that should help too.
:walking::driver::walking:

Anyway...grumpy fred...tired fred...gonna I've the crud outta fred when we finally get home!!
:ice:

Ugh. No one likes car shopping. I'm not surprised Fred is not a fan.

Was it successful?

@luvcats not yet. We found some possibilities at one place but they were no willing to deal. So we walked away & later we found a couple more at a place that will deal. But it was late, they were pretty much closed, we were tired & hungry so we go back after church today.

Fred is very stiff, we were gone for about 11 hours. Plenty of that was driving time & sitting around in dealership time & I kept fred propped up as much as possible. I iced for a good while. We will see how he feels after a nice hot shower.

I just want to stay home but it's not an option. And we haven't even got close to doing any grocery shopping. Hubby is going to have to handle that for me.
:tiredwheel:

Wow that is a long time to be gone! No wonder your knee is stiff! Hope you get a car and can then get home and take a rest.

Actually fred seems ok after showering & moving around some. I'm doing my exercises now & it's fine. I'm going to ask at pt Tuesday if she would massage me again, I'm sure I'm going to need it!!

It was funny how much the bottoms of my feet hurt. I haven't walked that much in months! I might bring my cane today. Haven't used it since the beach but it might help if we have to move on to another dealership. (Please Lord no!!) Hubby gave me a nice foot rub before bed last night. I think I'll keep him.
:roseshwr:

Have you gotten new shoes since your surgery? I know it is often recommended that you get new shoes after knee replacement due to how much one's gait changes. It might help the bottoms of your feet! I am glad your knee is feeling better.

@Ladyala my best wishes going out to you today, none of us envy you going back to surgery but having it done now you know realistically what to expect and you’re all geared up , know what to do , have everything on hand... you got this!
...don’t you love it when your cat knows..? We have to keep our old ghetto gangsta street boy out in hallway at night since he insists on roaming around in bed all night and disturbs hubby .. although I do see him sneaking in and napping on my side of bed during daytime! So happy to see swelling gone down! And yes water walking resumed will be lovely! Will be thinking of you this week and looking for you afterwards! Zann

I think I know what happened.. I was going back and forth both of your threads, pasted and copied and got mixed up!

@knee#2 I dont know what you're talking about! What is this brain fog you speak of? I'm clear headed all the time, I don't know what your problem is?? (Now where are my sunglasses...oh, on my head!)
:rotfl:

Fred did ok for day 2 of car shopping...yay! We found 2 vehicles that will work for us & the payments are only $108 a month over my comfort zone...yay? *sigh*
:thud:
Oh well, like my old therapist used to say; 'it's only money!'
:doh:

Hubby gave me a nice foot rub before bed last night. I think I'll keep him.
@Ladyala - isn't it amazing what a foot massage can do? I ask several times a week for a foot massage from my husband, as it makes my knee feel so much better! Must be certain nerve endings in the foot that help to reduce the pain/sensations/discomfort in the knee, at least for me!

So glad you found some new vehicles! I'm impressed that you were able to find them so quickly - even though you had to go to a couple dealerships! Just make sure you spray them with "deer off" - lol!

@Ladyala - isn't it amazing what a foot massage can do? I ask several times a week for a foot massage from my husband, as it makes my knee feel so much better! Must be certain nerve endings in the foot that help to reduce the pain/sensations/discomfort in the knee, at least for me!

So glad you found some new vehicles! I'm impressed that you were able to find them so quickly - even though you had to go to a couple dealerships! Just make sure you spray them with "deer off" - lol!
@FitGal
Look at posts 21 and 22 of @LooLoo thread. There might be something to this foot massage thing....

I'm so glad you found the cars you need!
mmm. Foot massage. If I had as much money as Oprah, I'd have someone on staff who did nothing but alternately rubbed my feet and my neck.

I'm back in the kitchen...yay!
:happydance:
The kids are cute & funny...yay!!
:loveshwr:
The floors are concrete...oww!!!
:bawl:

In addition to bus, I went back to being a lunchlady this week on my non pt days. While my emotional tank is full, fred is less than thrilled. Ow. Well not really ow, just uncomfortable. It's not that bad really, I'm just a whiny baby. I get sore at the back of my calf on the outside & when its really sore it affects my thigh as well. Its like a line of tightness from my butt almost to my ankle. Tylenol doesn't really help & I'm already on etodolac for arthritis so no ibuprofen. Harumph.

Hubby gives me massages. But they are hubby massages, not professional. I'm thinking of calling my OS to see if they will give me a scrip for one who is familiar with tkr issues. I'd also like to get a small foam roller or something similar so I can work it better myself.

Next week I'm back to every day & I'm nervous. I've planned easy dinners that don't require much preparation. I have about 3 hours between am route & kitchen, then another 1.5 before PM route. So I do have time to rest & ice. But I also have a household to run & life with 3 teens in 2 sports goes at a crazy pace! I've got other body parts protesting too, all these muscles that haven't been used much for 3 months.

Monday will be 12 weeks, heres hoping it gets a little easier. Magic number?? I know it might be best if I only do 3 days a week in the kitchen. We will see how it goes & reasses if necessary. I really want to go back to normal life. I only have so much sick time & those new car payments won't pay themselves!
:driver:

When my parts needed “massaged” I used a rolling pin.
You probably have that in the kitchen.

Another suggestion, look for a massage therapist who advertises “sports massage.” They would probably be able to help.

@Poctdb thanks...good suggestions.

I'm an emotional wreck today & I'm really frustrated with myself. I'm sure part of it is hormonal. It's just hitting me this morning how much working in the kitchen hurt & what the heck is wrong with me, thinking I can do a full week already? And the crazy sports schedules we have starting next weekend & we need to go grocery shopping & work politics stress & wahhhhh!!

Yesterday I was all lighthearted about it all but my stress level was rising behind the scenes & blamo- all the feels at once. Now I'm a tearstained mess who would like to stick her head in the sand & hide from life.

Why does this always surprise me? This is not an unusual cycle, I've had depression for years so I should expect it but it hits like a ton of bricks. Every. Stinking. Time.

My life is good overall. I am progressing. I am stronger. I can do more. I have a home, 3 amazing kids & a loving husband. I have good friends & a great job that I love. I have a ton to be thankful for...why isn't that enough?

Depression is dumb & annoying & inconvenient. I'm not looking for answers, just needed a place to vent. I want my life back dangit!

Please feel free to give me a virtual smack in the face, clearly I need an attitude adjustment today.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back