Revision THR 55 male cyclist 2019 October Revision THR

7 weeks and no setbacks. I rode 144 miles last week,

Warning! Do not try this at home. These results are not the norm. :wink:

Not that I really believe many will attempt what you're doing. I'm happy your recovery is going well.
I worry that you're pushing it and hope you don't suffer any setbacks, or worse yet...injury.
Stay safe and have a great week. :wave:
@Corey W

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Best wishes as you continue healing. :biking:
@Corey W

@Layla I cant believe its been 2 months already. I just got home from a 34 mile gravel ride today and honestly only a little bit of hip pain. Any Strava users are free to follow me: Thee Corman Cuz we all know if it isn't on Strava, it didn't happen. Seriously though, I am truly doing what I say and not exaggerating. I have gone back to IB over the Aleve. I take 3 200mg 3 x a day for pain and inflamation. I go to the gym or ride every day 7 days a week instead of PT. I continue to admit I am pushing the envelope but without any consequence (so far). Thanks for the well wishes- and for the record I still do not walk perfect, but I can ride like a champ!

10 weeks and my hip said SLOW DOWN. I found the limit it seems and after a Thursday night mountain bike ride followed by a Friday AM Spin class. Very tender and some sharp pain right now so back on ice/elevate/rest. I must have really irritated the healing bone. Going to take a few days off the bike and see if I bounce back. I know ya'll warned me to go slow, but i am a knucklehead. I'll report back on how long this pain lasts.

Oh no...dont like to see you hanging out in the infamous ODIC (OverDid It Club):umm:
Not Fun.
Hopefully, your membership will short!:yes:

I'm sorry you're in the ODIC. You do push the envelope and I realize you know that, but it's your body and your life. I'd hate to see someone as active as you develop chronic pain issues. Thankfully you're listening to your body and you're taking a step back. I hope you bounce back quickly....then re-enter slowly.
Wishing you comfort and relief as you're resting / icing / elevating. :ice:
@Corey W

So, friend that had hip done 3 mos ago just emailed me. I had given him max **** for insisting he was going to continue to ride ...

He just t boned a deer in Colorado ... hip MAY be ok, but shoulder broken and multiple ribs damaged.

Heavens to Betsy that's awful! Poor guy. @ForumUser
I don't think this will stop, Corey, though. Nuh uh. :wink:
Will it, Corey?
@Corey W

Sorry to read your update! Hopefully it is a temporary situation.. I hope you can relax and not fret while playing the resting/icing game. Please keep us posted! @Corey W

Man, T-Boning a deer on a bike seems like a freak accident for sure, but life is meant to be lived! I wanna party with that dude!!! I have taken 4 days off a bike but plan to ride tonight. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I can't stop, won't stop Layla! Thx CricketHip for the well wishes!

So sorry you've been sidelined but kudos to you for relating your situation and recommendations.
You WILL get there...just have to be a bit more patient.
Hope this weekend is restful and restorative @Corey W
Healing mojo coming your way.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GordieO
Recent bookmarks