Right knee is 5 years old. Time for left knee.

Well I went to joint camp and it was nothing like last time. All they did was an EKG, took blood and I had talks with the discharge nurse, the anesthesiologist, the doctor's assistant, the floor nurse, and that was it. Since I had done the class part already, I was dismissed. I didn't even see any of the others that will be getting new joints the same day as me. No lunch either. My daughter went with me as my coach. She might as well have stayed at work. So we went out to lunch together.

I've got to stop meloxicam 7 days before surgery. Those will be a tough 7 days.

My joint class will probably be about like yours. At any rate, today I had the last pre-op appointment with my surgeon, and he said that tomorrow, after the joint class, I'd be talking to the anesthesiologist, the nurses, and so on. They call the part after the joint class, the "preoperative interview".

Even though you didn't exactly need your daughter to be there, it was probably nice to have her with you. My sweetie came to the doctor appointment with me today, and will be coming to joint class and the preoperative interview with me too. For me, it was so nice to have his support and to know that he is there with me.

Funny story; I was taken back to a room to get blood drawn and an EKG. My daughter went with me. A woman was doing the blood draw and a man the EKG. Since she had one of my hands, he just unbuttoned my blouse and started putting stickers on me. Heather (my daughter) knew the blood person, so they are talking. After they are done, I button my blouse. When we finished with all the interviews we went out to eat, then we went to Walmart to get a prescription filled for my granddaughter who had called and said she was out of it. We are in Walmart and the guy who did the EKG is there! He and Heather are talking and I grabbed my blouse like I thought he was going to unbutton it again. He sees me and starts laughing, then turned red and left.

I'm still doing exercises to strengthen my legs and some upper body ones for using a walker. I've been doing time on my recumbent exercise bike too. My knee actually feels better. I'm sure it won't once I stop Meloxicam and aspirin though.

Hubby is having problems with his leg. There is some ugly looking scaly rash and open sores on it. He's been going to the VA and they though it was psoriasis. My daughter made him go to a wound care doctor yesterday. It's not psoriasis. They got him an appointment today with a dermatologist. He had tried to do that and couldn't get in until the middle of September. The VA had him on coal tar at first, then antibiotics and antifungal cream. Let's hope the dermatologist can tell us what it is. He is diabetic, so it worries me when he has something on his leg or foot. He's had frostbite on his toes, a spider bite on his ankle, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and now this.

I want to finish up my "nest", but they haven't brought the bed yet. I don't know if regular twin bed sheets will fit it or if I'll have to get something else. I want it to be ready before I go to the hospital so I can crash when I get home.

I'm glad to read that your knee is feeling a little better! I sometimes have "good knee days" and when I do, I try to get things done because for me it just doesn't last.

I hope they bring your bed soon! You have enough to worry about without having to worry about a bed to recover in, and sheets to fit it.

Sometimes in the summer, here in New Orleans, people get fungal infections of the skin. I guess that is due to the heat and sweat and so on. Too bad that wasn't it in your husband's case.

Still no bed. I wish I at least knew what size sheets I need. If it doesn't take regular twin sheets, I'll have to order some. Today I emptied a 3 drawer, plastic rolling storage thing that I had my embroidery supplies in by my sewing machine. I'll use it for my clothes so Hubby doesn't have to look for what I need and bring it down.
This will be the last week of school for the granddaughter that I homeschool. We're finishing up 1st grade. We will start 2nd sometime next month after my out of state daughter leaves. She's got a boy a year ahead of us and she passes curriculum down to us.
The dermatologist ordered a prescription for Hubby. It has to go through the VA and then they send it to him. It's looking bad, and now he has a mottled looking rash. I'm worried for him and for me getting an infection just before surgery.

My daughter has messaged me that they'll be bringing the hospital bed on Wednesday. Then I can finish building my nest.

Tomorrow I stop meloxicam and aspirin. Then Sunday I start the Hibiclens showers. My Hubby's birthday is on Monday, so we'll go out to eat.

SIL has gone to get the bed. :dancy:

I can tell I'm off meloxicam. knees, back and neck all hurt.

This morning I got my hair cut. It was below shoulder length, now it's just below my ears. It started curling right away. It should help with sweating at PT. One of the joys of Parkinson's is excessive sweating.

The bed is here, set up, eggcrate and sheet on, pillow ramp built and ice machine ready for blocks of ice. The frame is really heavy because of the motor. I even have enough room for a chair for visitors. Next on my list is to move my clothes for PT downstairs and my toiletries to the downstairs bathroom. Then I guess I need to pack my bag for the hospital.

Today was my granddaughter's third birthday. My daughter took off work, so we got to sleep in. I got all the laundry caught up and folded and put away, did some schoolwork with my first grader. Tomorrow will be her last day of first grade. I packed up some of the curriculum that we're done with.

I got my bag to take to the hospital, some packing cubes, and toiletries ready to pack. Then I'll put some clothes downstairs. Saturday I start the Hibiclens showers.

It's getting closer.

I have not been sleeping very well lately. Thunderstorms every night. I'm missing the Meloxicam, my neck hurts, my back hurts, my knees hurt. I was up from 1:45 til 4:45. The power went out. There was hail. Now I can't stop yawning.

First grade is a done deal. I spent yesterday afternoon packing it up and doing grades and permanent record. All A's and B's. Now I guess I'm on vacation.

I just took my first Hibiclens shower. I have to check it off and sign it every day.

I just took my first Hibiclens shower. I have to check it off and sign it every day.
I was surprised that Hibiclens didn't smell bad! At least, not to me. It made me feel really extra clean, too. I didn't have to check it off and sign it, but they asked me several times how many days I showered with it, and what days.

I have not been sleeping very well lately. Thunderstorms every night. I'm missing the Meloxicam, my neck hurts, my back hurts, my knees hurt. I was up from 1:45 til 4:45. The power went out. There was hail. Now I can't stop yawning.

First grade is a done deal. I spent yesterday afternoon packing it up and doing grades and permanent record. All A's and B's. Now I guess I'm on vacation.
RICE - - Rest, Ice, Elevation, Compression. Maybe that will help you get through these painful days. Sorry you are hurting and aren't allowed your Meloxicam.

Soon, all of this will be behind you, and you will be recovering more and more each day! I remember I was SO scared before surgery, but really there was nothing to be scared about. I just didn't know that at the time.

Here I am awake in the middle of the night again. I've been up for two hours now. I hope I don't fall asleep in church.

I got a nap this afternoon. I packed for the hospital excepf for things that have to be last minute. Tomorrow is my Hubby's birthday, so we might be going out to eat. I have to get my allergy shot and the hospital is supposed to call with my surgery time. Last knee wasn't done until 1:00 . That meant that I missed the first PT, but I was starving all morning .

I noticed tonight that the regular twin size bed sheet that I put on the hospital bed has come off. The mattress is twin XL and in order to be able to raise the head and foot, the sheet really needs to be knitted. I ordered a hospital bed sheet of the correct size from Amazon tonight. It will get here Wednesday. Hubby will have to wash it before I get home, which will probably be Thursday.

Here it is 3:33 a.m. I went to bed at 11:40 and I've been up since 2:00. :bored:

Best wishes and see you on the recovery side!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom