The count down is on

Relle

Country
Australia Australia
one week today until my second knee replacement surgery. Of course it has been on my mind since I decided to go ahead with the operation but after a call from the hospital this morning the butterflies have really set into my stomach.
Can't wait to get it over with and start recovery.

How exciting! I am sure you will do fine, and before you know it this TKR will be in the past for you. That said, I'll probably have butterflies of my own when I get that close to my surgery date. It's natural to feel that way I suppose. Like you, I can't wait to get it over with and start recovery! I'm so curious to find out if I will be able to walk more easily afterwards and with less pain.

Of course you will be walking without pain. Look forward to that first time you stand on your new leg, probably the day after your op. Now all rigid and stable, and pain free (admittedly with the help of painkillers). A great feeling!
I can't even imagine! Right now both of my knees are extremely painful and I can't put more than about 2 pounds' weight on my right knee (not only bone on bone, but also torn meniscus). Just having a knee that could bear some weight again would be wonderful. Sounds like a dream come true but I sure hope you are right.Thanks.

one week today until my second knee replacement surgery. Of course it has been on my mind since I decided to go ahead with the operation but after a call from the hospital this morning the butterflies have really set into my stomach.
Can't wait to get it over with and start recovery.
You know, I was thinking about your butterflies. Maybe they are because, deep in your heart, you are excited because you know your life is going to change for the better! Good luck and I hope everything goes wonderfully for you.

Waiting for a call from the hospital with my admission time for Monday. Feeling apprehensive but wanting to get it over with. Luckily have plans to be out all day tomorrow which only leaves Sunday.
Last time I had no idea what to expect, if anything I was a bit blasé going into surgery. This time at least I am more prepared and have more confidence in managing my recovery.

The last few days are the worst, but soon you'll be on your way to recovery on the other side of the forum.

Thinking of you and hope all goes as well as it can on Monday.

I’ll be joining you on the other side one day later.
Hugs, Susie

Waiting to go to the hospital. Time is going so slowly and I’d kill for a cup of tea

I was confused as to why you couldn't have a cup of tea the day before your surgery, then realized you're in Australia, so it's tomorrow already.:heehee: Good luck and we'll soon see you on the other side!

Hi @Relle,

I hope everything went well. We’re new knee buddies, i had mine done on Monday as well. Let me know how you’re feeling!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back