THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Good Morning @ceezee Love your plan today for walking in air conditioning! :ice:

Our malls open before stores do, only way I’d make it out without a quick purchase. I’ve been to that mall. It’s huge! We have Tyson’s Corner 30 minutes away and although huge not as big as King of Prussia.

Looks like you have hip 2 just around the corner. Imagine where you will be walking this time next year!

:thumb: My mall walking plan worked perfectly!

I ended up with 5500 steps and didn’t buy a single thing. Even I’m impressed. :happydance:

Tomorrow if I feel good I’ll do it again and add a few steps to it. The only thing I’ll do differently is use a small backpack instead of my purse. That’ll keep me centered more easily.

@ceezee
I use a back pack, light weight nike, when I go shopping or out walking. I even did this before hip problems. Especially a large mall. I hated dragging my purse along when I knew I was going to walk a lot.

I always use a small lightweight Arc’teryx when I travel. My purse is a cross body Highway one so usually it’s fine at the mall but not now when I’m improving my gait.

I came home and actually was able to nap for a bit. I’m firing on all cylinders today. :yes!:

Brilliant idea @ceezee !! I love walking the mall, too. I cringed about not buying anything, though. I've been buying things online.. where there's a will....:thumb: You are very disciplined and I admire you for that.

:flwrysmile: atta girl!! :happydance: I've even been on QVC.. I'm not going too crazy but enough that I need to stop.. and "some" of the orders are recovery related. honest!

I just received 2 packages in the mail today and one expected for tomorrow. All is for my newest crafting project crepe paper flowers. I had to order my crepe paper on the Internet to match the colors to the new craft book. It's all to help my recovery.....

I have been buying way too many things on Amazon UK that the British women have mentioned in their conversations....various creams, bath gels, etc. In fact one of today’s packages was an emollient cream that Josephine mentioned. None of these are available here in the US. Of course, as you rightfully say, all to aid in recovery.

Your craft project sounds very interesting! We’ll need photos when you’ve completed one.

@Cecropia

I bought my power-lift recliner on line can u believe ? I got my rehab nordic poles today via Canada Post and I am ecstatic.Using them to walk to the bank, pharmacy and grocery store down the street tomorrow. big plans I have.I am missing one of my packages from Amazon but they reimbursed me.Of course Cecropia it is to aid in your recovery.Photos would be good very good. I would be ordering books by the ton to add to the ton I already have.

Thanks for the rolling pin tip! I love to bake and have a few laying around but the device on amazon is probably a good thing to pick up.
For those of you who are Amazon shoppers, I'd like to encourage you to sign up for the smile.amazon.com
program. It allows you to make your normal purchases and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase price to BoneSmart. It costs you nothing, but we receive your support so that we can carry on what we do here on the website and forum.

When you sign up, be sure to select our parent organization, The Foundation for the Advancement in Research in Medicine, Inc. (FARM), for your donation. FARM automatically transfers the funds to BoneSmart when they are received from Amazon.

My purse is a cross body Highway one so usually it’s fine at the mall but not now when I’m improving my gait
I just realized the same thing! Even using the tiniest cross body purse, no bigger than a wallet, just enough for a phone and a couple of credit cards, it feels like a brick on one side. I think I'll try a backpack today. Thank you ceezee!

I feel really good today! So I’m taking my whippet off to his weekly doggie day care so he can play with others and heading back to the mall. I’m planning on having lunch at Legal Sea Food. I hope that’s the extent of my shopping. :chinstroke:

And I’m ready with the backpack. The part that was most sore when I woke up was my back. What an improvement!

Jamie does this program exist for Amazon UK? (If so, I could have funded a hundred bonesmarts with all the stuff I've bought online since my op!)

Hope it is also in Canada.

I'm not sure if it's available outside the US, so go to the website and see if it allows you to sign up and order items. I do know you must use the smile.amazon.com website to make your orders so it may not work well for UK members. Since you are using the smile.amazon shopping site and not amazon.uk, shipping costs may be greater and some items might not be available. You'll just need to give it a try and see what an order looks like for your location.

If you do experiment with purchases outside the US, please send me a PM and let me know how things worked. That way I'll know when others have a question.

Have fun and enjoy your lunch. Don't let temptation land you in the ODIC.
Take it s-l-o-w. :hiking: < and use a smaller backpack than his / hers, whatever that emoji is :shrug:
Enjoy!
@ceezee

I managed to not overdo it today. I didn’t go for more steps and ended up with around 5000, close to yesterday’s. I walked nice and slow and concentrated on my gait. Using the backpack was a definite help but next time I’m ditching it and stuffing my pockets with keys, credit card, and some cash. Light as a feather!

Amusingly I found that the glass of wine I had with lunch helped even out my gait. I’m sure it was wine and not the brief rest I enjoyed while I ate. :heehee:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts