Hip Resurfacing 5 Weeks Pain<

Reading your thread this morning and will keep you in my prayers @wendys So glad you went in early and are getting the surgery to get back on track. Please feel free to PM me. I had an emergency second surgery and may be able to help or at least can empathize with you.

I’m going to watch your thread and will be thinking of you all day and your recovery. Healing thoughts:prayer:

Last edited:
@wendys I can't imagine receiving such news. So glad they are getting you in quickly and pray the surgery and impending recovery go well. Everyone here is behind you with the utmost support and will be thinking of you throughout the day. Best healing wishes to you. :praying:

Hi Wendy,
I hope your pain is well managed and you're resting easy.
Wishing you comfort as you begin healing. :console2:
@wendys

Surgery went well but they didn’t get me in until late in day (was starving and thirsty).

Surgery took two hours. I am in a private room and getting good care. PT came in to discuss with me what I can and cannot do. Basically won’t be doing much at all for several weeks. Dr said I could go home today but I don’t feel ready so I elected to stay another night. He said whatever I want to do is fine. I’m just unsteady and don’t trust myself. I can only put 10% weight on my surgery leg for six weeks but will remain on a walker or crutches for months. Left hip resurfacing going to be postponed until December.

My pain today is surgical pain not my hip...more like muscles and tendon type pain.

THANK YOU FOR PRAYERS AND CONCERN!!!

@wendys So happy to hear that you're all done and it sounds like they're taking excellent care of you. I like the idea that you opted to stay another night too, always better to be on the safe side after major surgery. Be sure to get plenty of rest and let them know if you want pain meds, ice, etc. You must be relieved to have that horrible pain gone. We're all here whenever you drop in! :flwrysmile:

Sending prayers and healing your way today @wendys Hoping you got some sleep and that your pain continues to be manageable. xx ❤️:prayer:

My hip fracture surgery went well. I have a great deal of pain today. It’s going to be a slow road to recovery. 4-6 weeks out of work and only able to put 10% of my body weight on the surgical leg. My quad is so swollen and tight. My incision is now 12” long.

@wendys, great to hear you got through surgery ... sorry for the swelling. So Dr. Gross felt good about the result?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back