Revision THR Another Second Chance

Morning report:
Had completely ditched the walker in favor of the cane a few days ago. Did a few laps around the curl-de-sac yesterday with my 12 year old collecting Roly Poly’s (pill bugs, potato bugs). A 50 minute drive to watch my 15 year old son’s two basketball games.

Then a Kentucky Derby party and dinner at the bro-in-law’s place. Got home 2030 hours and had a drink by the fire pit in the backyard and caught up with the visiting sis-in-law. We take her to the airport later today after church and lunch.

It’s nice being off the Tramadol so I can partake in a few adult beverages!

Felt a little extra achy as I was preparing for bed so the ice machine was locked and loaded for bed. Sleeping is getting better every night. As I was hobbling around the bedroom getting ready, my Fitbit watch vibrated. I thigh maybe I was getting a message. NOPE!! Inthebeginning hit the 10,000 step mark!

So far this morning everything feels super. So much so, I have cut the Tylenol back down to 500mg and even missed my 0700 dose by an hour. I think I’ll aim for 8 hours between doses today.

P.S. I have lost about 4 pounds since the day of the procedure!

Attachments

• 705914D6-D570-4E3F-BFE1-02C1E2C7111D.jpeg
    705914D6-D570-4E3F-BFE1-02C1E2C7111D.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
@Layla Oh my! I do appreciate your concern. I do feel like I am in complete control and not pushing too harD. If you have a few mins and care to, look up my recovery thread from 6 years ago, ‘Hit the Ground Runnin’!’. You’ll see many folks showing similar concern about the speed at which I was moving back then.

My doc swears that the speed of my recovery had no bearing on the loosening of the stem.

I'll look up your thread at some point today. Just so I can see that you survived the craziness once already.
I will Try, with a capital T to trust your judgment and turn a blind eye :heehee:
Remember....I said "try" :wink:
Hope today is quiet and boring, lol.
@inthebeginning beginning

Day 13
Here we go! 2 week follow-up today. Here are my expectations:
They will tell me I’m doing really well.
The incision, which has remained covered, will be healing nicely.
NO SIGNS of that damn fungal infection!
I get to put full weigh on my new hip.
I can loose the sexy stockings!
I can start driving.
I can start PT, or do home exercises. This was the option they gave me last time.

I will post later to update these expectations with what the doc tells me!

Best of luck to you today. I hope all your wishes come true. Especially the infection biz.
Will look forward to your update.
Happy Monday!
@inthebeginning

Best of luck to you today. Especially the infection biz.
@inthebeginning
Thanks!!
That’s the one thing that’s hanging over this whole process. I don’t feel as if there’s anything going on in there. Outwardly everything looks great. Bruising is about nonexistent and swelling is confined to just around the incision. No pain to speak of, just achy stuff.

BIG UPDATE

OK - Here We Go!
I’m doing really well.
The incision is awesome!
No signs of infection but still follow up with infectious disease doc next week.
No weight restrictions!
Lose the left stocking, one more week for the right.
I can drive!
Add some home stretches but still go easy for 4 weeks. I showed him my step counts for the last week and he said aim for a Max of about 5-7,000 per day.

Attachments

• D51C5249-6BDB-4A85-B708-8CAF2EA7370E.jpeg
    D51C5249-6BDB-4A85-B708-8CAF2EA7370E.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 222
First order of business was to drive to the medical supply store and return the walker! I left the tennis balls on for them

Second order of business was to take a shower without half a roll of medical tape and Saran Wrap! Also not having to stand like a flamingo.

Now it’s off to the back deck to soak up somebody Vit D before the rain comes in later this afternoon.

Last edited:
he said aim for a Max of about 5-7,000 per day

Love that OS! Hopefully you can abide by his direction for four weeks.

Awesome news, what a fantastic update. You must feel a lot more freedom after that visit.
Happy Two Week Anniversary! (tomorrow)
@inthebeginning

Love that OS! Hopefully you can abide by his direction for four weeks.

Awesome news, what a fantastic update. You must feel a lot more freedom after that visit.
Happy Two Week Anniversary! (tomorrow)
@inthebeginning
It was a fantastic day! I actually saw his PA, who was in the theatre for the procedure. Unfortunately, I was already over 6k when I was in the office. As I finally fall into the recliner to watch the Colorado Avalanche fight for their lives, I am a touch over 11k. I will be very careful starting tomorrow. :fingersx:

As I am monitoring my steps more closely today in order to stay ‘less active’, I AM GOING CRAZY!
This is going to be very difficult for me to keep this ‘snail’s pace’ up for 4 weeks.

• I’m currently watching House re-runs. I’ve never seen an episode of Game of Thrones, so do I catch up before the finale?
  • Do I learn to play the harmonica?
  • Sit at the gym and work my upper body until released to start riding the stationary bike?
  • Continue working on my family genealogy? I already have one line proven back to the year 1500 in Germany.
  • Brew some beer? I could cut the recipes and try several small batches instead of the standard 5 gallon amount.
BORING!!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom