THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

@SurreyGirl Letting go of any home is very bittersweet but is it not your home I am sure there is a sense of release from the responsibility. Onwards :) :-) (:

I almost posted a similar message to @bickypeg. It occurred to me (from seeing other posts over time) that you are doing the stairs to & from work, driving, sitting for long periods, etc. But then I gather doing the stairs again at lunch if I got it right? I would suggest using the lift at lunch break; I think you may be pushing too hard. Just my opinion :loveshwr:

Well my job was supporting my husband as he did most of the physical work. He is back home now hence treating him with a roast chicken!

Our next trip will be to France fairly soon after Brexit is supposed to take place so that should be interesting. Have booked a hotel about 15 mins walk to a wonderful Saturday market and a three day wine fair.... Last year that was quite a challenge to walk but expect it to be easier this year!

Monday morning and no pain at all. Will see how I am at the end of the day :)

Have a good week everyone..

Roast chicken always sounds so yummy. Makes the kitchen smell good too.
I hope you and hubs enjoyed it. These trips to France and St Lucia are making me a little envious.
They sound wonderful and well deserved.

You're making progress, SG.
Don't lose sight of that, just keep moving forward.
Hope you have a great week!
@SurreyGirl

Raining today so walked at lunchtime without a cane around 2 floors with a small number of stairs between . Seems to have helped with the stiffness. I agree that four flights of stairs (91 steps) after driving in in stop start traffic is probably a tad ambitious so gettting the steps in in smaller batches!

Happy Tuesday :hi:
Have fun swimming, jacuzzi-ing or gossiping tonight. Whatever your pleasure is.
Read of your plans elsewhere...
Enjoy!
@SurreyGirl

I agree with all the comments about balancing rest with movement. Too much sitting and not moving makes me stiff, too, @SurreyGirl, just as overdoing it also makes things worse. I think for all recovering hipsters it really is all about finding the right "mix", a mix which will change over time as you get stronger and the healing continues. All of us probably struggle with this so you're not alone. You have an active and busy lifestyle and you need to monitor things and make adjustments as necessary. We're all works in progress!

Swimming seems to have gone well. Managed20 lengths and they have a lovely steam room there too. Very expensive to join the club. I was there on a guest pass. Lighting lovely and subdues and Espa toiletries. I could get used to this!

My husband is thinking of paying for me to join! Unheard of.. but very generous of him… Strangely suffering from backache this morning but hip and knee ok… I think this pain just moves around!

@SurreyGirl - I am a member of an expensive health club and have found it great for recovery - Pilates, swimming (in a warm pool) and cycling/cross-trainers with TVs which makes time goes by much more quickly. As well as Chelsea tractors and fitness freaks our club has lots of older people - dozens in their eighties. And there are a lot of false hips so we can exchange tales. It may seem expensive but is very good value if you use it a lot and our classes are free - I have been going 4 or 5 times a week and spending quite a bit of time there - but then I don't work so am not so limited by time.

I have also been having some lower back pain but it seems to be decreasing now.

My husband is thinking of paying for me to join! Unheard of.. but very generous of him… Strangely suffering from backache this morning but hip and knee ok… I think this pain just moves around!

@SurreyGirl, as I tell one of my close friends when I offer to do him a great favor ... and he hesitates: SAY YES!

Lighting lovely and subdues and Espa toiletries. I could get used to this!

Yeah, I guess so!
I suppose everyones skin appeared a lovely shade of blush with the lighting, minimizing any skin imperfections. And I'll bet the air smelled of Bergamot and Jasmine. Naturally the pool wasn't chlorinated instead a lovely milk bath with rose petals floating on the surface as you tirelessly swam your laps, to be rewarded in the end by a perfectly chilled glass of Champs to enjoy in your monogrammed robe and velvet slippers.

Aaah...a girl can dream, right? We'll all live vicariously through you, SurreyGirl.
A toast to the high life :cheers: :heehee:

Ha ha, it wasn’t “quite” like that.

My little Mazda won’t like the speed bumps

The drinks at the bar are expensive. £7-50 for a ginger ale for me and vodka and tonic for my friend

Pool got a little busy at around 7-30 but people were polite and there was one very fit goodlooking bloke who was an excellent swimmer. I just happened to look and was admiring his technique ..from my vantage point in the jacuzzi.

The chlor8ne level was ok. I did not end up with boiled frog red eyes! Even my hair, admittedly under a swimcap, did not suffer too much.

The steam room was hot, dark and very scented....
Yes the shower gel smelt of Bergamont cedar and jasmine.
Towel robes and towels not provided :-(

All spotlessly clean and no mopping of bleach around one’s ankles at 9pm at night as hapoenscin the council pool changing rooms.

Gym area has this state of the art “walking through bamboo forest” type displays but also looks out into the golf course and countryside for real.

Lots of classes but communal changing rooms which I am not a fan of. Hairdryers provides but, amusingly, no hair straighteners which our Uni pool does have!!! Those students::::

Car park not well lit and sloping. I didn’t have my Leki and was a bit nervous.

About 10 minutes drive from home.

Jury still out but might go and visit during the day. Hubby starting another 2-3 night rehearsal schedule soon so it would do me good to use this time for the exercise....and I have a friend who is already a member...

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom