Right Knee replacement

Swtp14

Country
United States United States
Hi Iam having my right knee replaced Jan 21 2019. I have so many different feelings.

Hi and Best Wishes! We all felt a lot like that!

@Swtp14
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
Why don't you join the January Jackpots, you will find members having surgery around the same time as you.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...you-have-knee-surgery-in-january.50457/page-5

New BoneSmart members like you are in various stages of their journey to joint replacement. Making the decision whether or not to have surgery and preparing for surgery can be easier once you have done your research and know what lies ahead. Here are some tools that can help you decide what is best for you.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:

Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:

Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Hi, i'm having a right knee replacement Jan 21, 2019. There are a lot of dif emotions going on.

@Swtp14 ,
I noticed you started an identical thread to your first one earlier today, I have merged them for you, so you do not miss what others posted for you earlier today.
If you are having trouble finding your threads, many members book mark their threads to make them easier to locate.
How can I find my threads and posts?

@Swtp14 ,
I noticed you started an identical thread to your first one earlier today, I have merged them for you, so you do not miss what others posted for you earlier today.
If you are having trouble finding your threads, many members book mark their threads to make them easier to locate.
How can I find my threads and posts?[
Thanks i wasnt sure if I did it right. LOL

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie