Nurse Treats.

beachy

supremo
Country
United States United States
Has anyone done that?
I made a Halloween basket of really good chocolates as “nurse bait”.

There is a poem that goes with it but I’m not doing that.
The gist of the idea is “if you feed them, they will come”. The nurses say they’re just stopping in to check on you but it’s really because they want chocolate. Party in my room!

Oh my thats a fantastic Idea you dont mind if I steal it do you☺

Great idea! Make them like you. (I can’t imagine anyone not liking you!)

Make some for the PTs, too! Give them chocolate when you tell them, no thank you I’m not doing that exercise!

Nurses are super busy in the hospital, they have tons of medications and charting to do. My nurses were always available when I needed them. It is a nice idea to offer them a treat---I brought a big bowl of just picked cherries, but I put it in the break room. Just be careful that you don't sample your own wares!

@beachy , its a good idea to have a "little something" for the nurses, but you should get good care, whether or not you entice nurses into your room.

Having been a nurse for many years, I don't like the suggestion that we have to be enticed into your room in order to do our job properly - we're professional people and, although I know you were joking, I find the term "nurse bait" rather demeaning.

Best wishes for your surgery.

Sorry if that offended you @Celle .
It’s not meant to be derogatory.

It’s a common practice here in the US and there is a very sweet poem attached to the nurse bait. As you first said “a little something” is the true intention of the idea and many nurses here know the term nurse bait. My niece who has been a nurse for 20 years told me about it and suggested it. When she first encountered “nurse bait” she asked her patient about it and the patient saw it on Pinterest.

So, as you see, it’s not an original idea from me.
And thanks for the good wishes.

@gecko
Have at it! If you’re on Pinterest there is the poem that goes with it. Or google it. Nurses love it!

@Jockette
I was hospitalized for 3 weeks for pancreatitis until I was strong enough for gall bladder surgery. Nothing by mouth. Nothing. Hubs brought trays of food for the nurses. “My wife can’t eat but you can”. He did that because they took such good care of me. In return we became friends with a few of them to this day.

@skigirl
Exactly! They are super busy and a little boost of chocolate is appreciated. And they can take a moment to breathe! I made sure the chocolate covered Oreo Bars have gluten so I won’t be sampling LOL

I will look for the poem but mine will be a trick or treat halloween basket after all it will be halloween for me

@beachy just wait until the day a promise is a promise costume complete:heehee:

It’s a common practice here in the US and there is a very sweet poem attached to the nurse bait. As you first said “a little something” is the true intention of the idea and many nurses here know the term nurse bait.
It's not the practice, I dislike - it's nice to show your appreciation - it's the terminology.
Pinterest or not, it makes me feel as if I'm a noxious animal, for whom a bait has to be laid.

:happydance:@beachy ..tomorrow, tomorrow, thinking of you tomorrow, it’s only a day away:flwrysmile:....:prayer:

@Celle
Would you like to change the title of the thread for me? Maybe “Nurse Treats”?

@DLR
Thanks Diane!
It’s suppose to rain buckets tomorrow! The sun won’t come out tomorrow. But I love the good thoughts!
Talk to you when it’s OVAH! lol

Reactions: DLR
I never heard of “ nurse bait”, and I surely don’t like it. Treat nurses as professionals, with tremendous responsibility for your care.

Ok I give up. I’m going to go have my surgery tomorrow and if anyone is offended that’s unfortunate.

Good luck tomorrow! See you on the other side. Don't worry-I know you meant no offense and I fully understand what you did mean. I always bring something for staff members too-some of whom are caring for me and some who aren't directly caring for me but still deserve a thank-you. I offer some to anyone who would like it, as my way of thanking them. After my revision I had my hubby bring me fresh, ripe fruit from our trees-it was a special treat as most people only get store fruit, which, IMO, bites. Because it was early in the season, there was a limited amount-otherwise I would have had him make a large fruit basket and place it at the nursing station so everyone could share any time they wanted.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back