THR jackie222 RTHR - recovery

Oh no! Poor Jackie. Hopefully it's a long time off, but if you're like me, you'll get it done sooner next time around. Have you been diagnosed with OA in both?
Hope it feels better soon!
@Jackie222

Yes it was x-rayed along with my right before the op @Mojo333. My OS thought I’d get at least 2 years out of it before it needed replacing. I’ll be keeping a beady eye on it @MammaT I have no intention of letting it get to the pain levels of the right. It not given way today but the signs it’s going downhill are there. Rest and ice have been the order of the day

So sorry to hear this! I thought mine was a solo until I started to be more active after first THR - PT and I called it "disco hip" because it first started acting up when I went dancing to a disco band. I didn't want to believe it but it happened every time. Having just started dancing again after decades, that thing just had to go!

Sorry you're having trouble with your good hip. With a little luck this'll just be a minor glitch. Imagine it's frightening all the same. Rest and ice work nicely on real hips too. Hope you,re soon feeling better again.

Hey @Jackie222 !
How have you been? That other hip still bothering you?
Just wanted to let you know that we still think of you often and hope you are doing ok.:loveshwr:

Hi @Mojo333. I’m good but my “good” hip is sadly getting worse. Not to the stage of limping yet but pain increasing. Will get it xrayed around my one year stage if this continues. Thank you for asking

That sounds sadly familiar to me @Jackie222. I had right hip replaced 1 1/2 years after left. I did not let it go as long as I did the left. Happy to report a matched set is great. Hope it doesn’t get too bothersome.

I'm sorry, Jackie. I still remember the pain. Not so much the feeling as the result of the pain.
Stiffness, limited range of motion and mobility. I hope it eases for you, affording you more time.
But if it doesn't, you'll know the right time to pull the trigger. I'm quite sure another is on my future also.
Not fun to dwell upon.
Hugs and best wishes for a good weekend!
@Jackie222

Worse case scenario, double hippy status and all done.
Out of hips to fix.
Wishing you all the best!

@Jackie222 I’m glad you are doing well but sorry your other hip is starting to act up. I’m wondering if it may be quite common for those of us who have OA in one joint, to find it is in both our hip joints as well as both our knees even though we don’t feel it. The reason I say this is because when I went for my one yr check, I asked PA if I could get X-rays of my knees because I suspected OA. She immediately said that she could guarantee I had OA in both knees. She did agree to the x-rays and yes, OA in both knees, one of which is already bone on bone but no pain thankfully. I just wish I had asked her if most people ended up with the OA in all 4 joints but I didn’t think of it at the time. Anyhow, you will make out just fine I’m sure as you now know the routine. As Mojo said, once the other hip is done, you’ll be good as new - no more hips to replace! :yes!::flwrysmile:

@GrannyC yes I have OA in both hips and knees. It’s also in my hands and feet but all manageable at the moment. My knees have been better since the replacement which was what my consultant predicted. And yes I know what to expect so I’ll not keep putting off the op like I did with my right one :heehee:

:wave:Wondering how you were..good to see you on the forum!
I'm certain you have plugging along and wondered how the bad hip has been behaving!?
Soon will be 8 months!
Pop by and give us an update if you will.
Hope your weekend is sweet!:flwrysmile:

Hi Jackie,
It sure was a nice surprise to see your name in the line up this morning!
How is our old friend? I've missed you spreading cheer and flowers on the forum.
Hope you've been enjoying the Summer and that Hip # 2 is holding out.
Please let us know how you're doing....
A great weekend to you!
@Jackie222

Hi @Layla. All is good thank you. It’s been really busy on the farm. We had our TB test which was stressful but all the cows passed, thank goodness. Also have been catching up with friends. 2nd hip is making is presence known but still away off needing surgery.My knees are also reminding me that they can still cause grief. But it’s the arthritis in the ball of my left foot is the most annoying at the moment. There seems to be no pattern to when it kicks in.
How are things with you? Good I hope

Hi Jackie, I'm well, thanks!
I'm sorry to hear your foot is bothering you. As we age it feels like if it's not one thing, it's another.:gaah:
It's nice to hear you've been busy with work and catching up with friends, just living life.
Noticed you're coming up on 9 months in a couple of days. Time flies for sure.
It's great you stopped by, try not to be a stranger....if time allows.
A great week to you!
@Jackie222

Hi @Bumblebee I assumed it is arthritis as I have it elsewhere. But I’ll check out neuroma.

I know @Layla i can’t believe where the time goes. My youngest just got his a level results and is off to uni. I’m dreading how quiet the house is going to be. :bawl:

Congratulations to your son - where is he off to? I remember the anxiety of sending son off to uni. It took a month or so until I felt he was OK and so was I. Fast forward (that's what it feels like) several years and he is now in the middle of a 2 year secondment in the US. It's now months between visits rather than weeks!
I hope your foot settles down because that sounds painful.

I mentioned neuroma as I had one and it is quite painful on the bottom ball of the foot. Had to eliminate wearing any heels, flats only and wear roomy box toe shoes. Pain eventually went away.

I can relate to the empty nest, Jackie. I remember when my son (youngest) left home. The silence was deafening, as they say. You will adjust. It took me awhile though, a lot of reflection took place and realization of how fast time flies.
Stay busy, you'll do fine!
Hugs
@Jackie222

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back