Depression/post-op blues - open for all

Thank you @1GreatGran . I think you shared facts with me that I had not yet realized. I had a little chat with my hubby this AM before he ran off to work. It always helps the share your expectations. We sold, gave away, put in storage Everything to move here because my youngest needs me/us. I am blessed that my (relatively) new partner was willing. My daughter has serious health challenges that can cause sudden hospitalization. I am usually busy helping my daughter and her family. Sometimes it is hard to be far away from trusted friends and family. This is one of those times. BS has been a bright spot in my day. I hope that I am able to help and encourage others. I actually think that I am mending quickly and nicely. I am not used to managing Fibro. It is new for me & it is apparently making my journey back to the new & improved/old me a challenge. Thanks for listening. Thanks for caring. Thanks for taking the time to write.
@AgilityDog
I did not realized you had fibro. I know a little about, but do know know that do. Managing my emotions and frustration were challenging during ( still sometimes) recovery was hard.
I have discovered that my realizing that things work out whether I am involved or not wad hard to accept. I am a parent of adult children that also need my support, so believe me I do understand.
You will get stronger and things will balance.
I have learned my not being able to help has given the opportunity for other solutions to be revealed.
I think the words Patience and Acceptance are now engraved on my brain[emoji4].
Have a great week. One of continue growth in strength and peace.
Ro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you, @1GreatGran . I'm not a fan of fibro. I don't think I am in bad shape because of it either. My thigh (entire topside) cramped/spasmed the fist few days. The best way I can describe it is, like a labor pain. One of those that makes someone else look at that monitor like thing and say "Oh, that was a good one". But instead of stopping and starting, it just hurts for hours straight. If that's not fibro, then I must have been a horrible child!:rofsign:I am much better. My anxiety only lasted a little bit. Thank you for all your kind words.

I'm 8 wks into recovery now. It was just my husband and I and a great neighbor lady assisting me. She always asked if I was in the mood for company before heading over. I could honestly tell her yay or nay. Some of my family offered to come help( different states) but I really just preferred being more solitary. I also cried super hard describing a scene from Masterpiece theatre to my husband At this point, I focus on excercising my knee and getting 2 or 3 projects done every day-- making the bed, weeding a little... I hope you can find some zen in your day

Thank you, @1GreatGran . I'm not a fan of fibro. I don't think I am in bad shape because of it either. My thigh (entire topside) cramped/spasmed the fist few days. The best way I can describe it is, like a labor pain. One of those that makes someone else look at that monitor like thing and say "Oh, that was a good one". But instead of stopping and starting, it just hurts for hours straight. If that's not fibro, then I must have been a horrible child!:rofsign:I am much better. My anxiety only lasted a little bit. Thank you for all your kind words.
@AgilityDog
Good Morning from Ventura, CA. How are u doing? Isn't it fascinating what we learn about our bodies as we heal.. I never realized how many parts of my body was affected by my hip problems. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I don't vhrck this everyday, but promise I will always get back with you.
I just read my last message, sorry about that first sentence or two... forgot to reread[emoji173]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't stop crying today. Everything has come unglued. I am mad at myself for not healing faster, mad that I had to wait 3 years for this hip, and it did not do my left side any favors.

Hang in there @sequin98 - things will get better.
As my folks always told me "this too shall pass"... I had similar episodes and spent time second guessing myself and basically being down. Leaned on family and others for help and back to normal now. Depression after major surgery is common and not much talked about. You can find a lot online about it. Knowing this helps you recognize and deal with it...
Until things do start looking up, know that you aren't alone...

@sequin98 post op blues is a biggie for some. Please don't be frustrated with your recovery progress. Unfortunately the longer you wait for a hip the more complex the recovery. Just know you will get there in the end. We are here for you!

@sequin98
All came crashing down on me after a few months.
Anxiety and pain and lack of good sleep pre-op, all the recovery business AND lack of good sleep post op.
Trying to keep on keeping on.
Finally there was TIME to have a melt down..all that adrenaline from coping with surgery flooded out in tears.
Most of us have been there, so just know its going to get better.
Hugs:roseshwr:

I had a super-emotional weekend. It started on Friday as I sat in my recliner - I can't even tell you what set me off, but I was suddenly crying my eyes out - and it's still hovering on the fringes today. I was shocked, given that it's now been 2.5 months since my surgery (I was a bit of an emotional mess for those first few weeks, but it eventually got better). Because I need to understand the "why" of things, I tried to analyze myself (which, right now, is probably an exercise in futility) - I think it might be partially due to the fact that the operated left hip isn't healing as quickly as I'd want it to (which is, admittedly, impatience on my part), and the "to-be-operated" right hip is giving me so much trouble (I'm now experiencing some of the issues that I experienced with the "worse" -left - hip before I got that one taken care of: "hip slips", leg trying to give out, etc.).

I'm getting ready for my second HR surgery (June 22nd), which might also be contributing to my feeling ALLLLL the feelings - I feel overwhelmed, and lonely, and frustrated with pretty much everything right now. But today, I'm just focused on not starting to cry while sitting at my office desk (because, as we know, there's no crying in business). :sigh:

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Of course, @ladylorn.
I wasn't where I wanted to be at 3 months out and I think 4 months out is when I felt it was all getting more normal...AND then you are going for number 2.
I can certainly see how that would be SLIGHTLY emotional:thud:
I can only imagine it is all overwhelming.
This is when I'm happy mine were done at once.
Vent all you want and know this WILL get okay!:friends:

I experienced it this morning. I think it was brought about by a feeling of losing my independence. Had all the usual 'why did I do this to myself?' thoughts. Had a good cry, tried to sleep. I'm sure its not the last time I'll have it.

@honeybeast Post op blues. Read the article in the list posted on your recovery thread. You have not lost your independence! You are in recovery to regain your independence. Early days - just roll with it. This too shall pass.

@honeybeast Post op blues. Read the article in the list posted on your recovery thread. You have not lost your independence! You are in recovery to regain your independence. Early days - just roll with it. This too shall pass.

Hello everyone, I’m 6 days post op left total hip replacement. I’m so grateful I found this forum. I had a flood of emotion this morning. I too feel the exact same one. A voice whisper to me ‘ this too shall pass’ OMG. I needed to here this.

Sorry for the misspellings! So excited, my family don’t understand.

@Shellshoc Welcome to BoneSmart! I hope you will start a recovery thread of your own so that we can support you through this journey. Yes, often friends and family have no clue what a roller coaster ride this recovery is. Hang in there - and don't worry about post op blues. This soon fades.

I'm a victim of domestic violence in my childhood, cancer, and now AVN.

I don't know how I do it, but I always get through. I honestly can't remember a time in my life that I was at peace. It's one of the reasons why I find death to be so appealing, but here I am continuing to fight and hope for the best. My main focuses at life: Experience, learn, and live. You can't ever run out of experiences to gain or things to learn. I'm working on the living aspect.

I'm so sorry for all you've been through. More than most in a lifetime all packed into
just 24 years. It doesn't seem right. It feels unfair.
But look what you've survived. I'm in awe. You're here to tell your story
and show others how they can triumph through adversity. I applaud you in your courage and willingness to
share.

I mean no disrespect to your current struggles or pain with AVN and CD. But something tells me if you made it through domestic violence and cancer, you've got this!! You have the strength of youth and a strong resolve. Both working in your favor. Death may look appealing when you dwell on pain or the adversity you've suffered but why can't it get better? Why can't you have a happy ending? YOU CAN and I think you believe that deep down and that's why you're reaching out.

We're a devoted bunch, we're here for you. We won't let you down. Please stop by often and share your feelings and struggles. Everyone's story speaks to someone. Yours will touch a lot of hearts.
I'm praying for your comfort and that you find the peace you're yearning for.
Things will get better....please believe that. @LifeIsPain

I'm a victim of domestic violence in my childhood, cancer, and now AVN.

I don't know how I do it, but I always get through. I honestly can't remember a time in my life that I was at peace. It's one of the reasons why I find death to be so appealing, but here I am continuing to fight and hope for the best. My main focuses at life: Experience, learn, and live. You can't ever run out of experiences to gain or things to learn. I'm working on the living aspect.

Bless you sweet child. I will pray for you too. I hope you keep getting better and above all - experience peace soon.

@jmoney keep your faith things do workout. I lost a child he was 24. One day at at time. How did your surgery go?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts