THR Spring is right around the corner

@Jaycey it is difficult. I was active even while hurting and limping so I am hard on myself. I know it is the “molding and shaping” that is going on and I need to just give it more time to heal. Somebody said they are tired of people telling you where you “should be” at 3 months!!!! “You’re still tired?” “You’re still limping some.”

@hikejunkie the tennis ball comes and goes but that is perfect analogy! Plus lower back is so sore from Doc making legs the same length after not bring since childhood!! :dubious: Lots of adjusting @Layla I realize. How could I have had so much patience with teaching kiddos for 30 years and cannot give myself a breather. :rotfl:

Somebody said they are tired of people telling you where you “should be” at 3 months!!!!
I hear you! These comments are so unhelpful. Everyone heals differently and to judge based on time only is just unrealistic! Don't listen to any of this and walk away from anyone who is judging you. You are where on are in this recovery. You will get there - it just take more time for some of us.

@Poodles we were at my husband’s oncologist last week and he said after THR, his wife was frustrated until about 3 1/2 to 4 months and then she suddenly “got better”! She is an active gal and sounds like frustrations we all have expressed. I remember being released to go back to work 6 weeks after hysterectomy and thinking “I’m not ready for this!” We think the dates suggested are like specific due dates. Oh, and for fun my husband and I looked at class a motor homes. I fell in love!!!!! It was cold, windy and barometric pressure changing- my hip was sooooo achy.

@Walkinginthesand How is your husband doing?

After my hysterectomy, I went back to work in two weeks. I have done that with every stinkin' major surgery I have ever had...including my THRs. I have the ovarian surgery coming up July 28...it's a Friday and I'm sure I will be working in some form by Monday, even if it is at home. Honestly, it's very frustrating, but I have always worked for small companies and have been a key person. I am lucky in many regards as I get a lot of leeway for working at home, however. But that's not all good, too. If you are like me, you work all times of the day or night.

As for suddenly getting better, that's me! I was so sad the week prior wondering if anything was going to change, and on Tuesday or Wednesday, something happened! Night and day difference. Now to change my thought process!

Motorhomes. Oh, Walkinginthesand, I cannot tell you how much I love ours and the freedom we have. We are gone again next weekend, then home a weekend, then gone for 3 more nights. At the end of May, we are taking off to Eastern Oregon for a partial week. I drive it 95% of the time and prefer driving to sitting. Gary does the setup, which I can do easily, too...if I have to. Not nearly the amount of work as a travel trailer. I've taken mine to dog shows by myself. Next, I need to learn to hook the Jeep up to it by myself, but I can do it now!

With the first one I was still using cane at the point you’re at and had difficulty with chairs because it felt like I had a tennis ball in my butt cheek.
My "tennis ball" feels more like a marble and its below the butt cheek on the thigh. :heehee: How long before this goes away?????

we were at my husband’s oncologist last week and he said after THR, his wife was frustrated until about 3 1/2 to 4 months and then she suddenly “got better”!
Ok, I'm marking my calendar! At least its a goal. :fingersx: I won't view it as a "specific due date" though. :heehee:

My "tennis ball" feels more like a marble and its below the butt cheek on the thigh. :heehee: How long before this goes away?????

Below butt cheek? If I recall correctly mine was just about in the middle of it. It took months to go away - I’d say about 4 months post-op. It wouldn’t bother me unless I sat on a hard surface.

:wave:Hi!
I found that sensation to be in the middle of my rear also. I knew I wasn't sitting on anything but I'd shift around
like I was trying to get off of it! :heehee: I equated it to the size of a golf ball with tennis ball consistency.
I know....cuckoo! :rotfl: Drove me the most crazy when I was driving.
@Walkinginthesand

Wishing you a great weekend!

Below butt cheek? If I recall correctly mine was just about in the middle of it. It took months to go away - I’d say about 4 months post-op. It wouldn’t bother me unless I sat on a hard surface.
Yep, below, on the thigh actually....feel it when I walk.

Hi @Walkinginthesand
I'm gathering through what I read elsewhere that you're struggling a bit with your
progress. Consider having Josephine weigh in. I'd tag her for you but want to leave that up to you.
It may be beneficial to let her weigh in. Just something to think about...
Wishing you a peaceful week!

I am not sure I am having trouble, more curious as to others recovery. I am 4 months post op and was no weight bearing for 6 week. I do great at the beginning of the day, but by evening I am really limping. My leg just gets really tired. Most of “my group” has graduated and doesn’t post much and wondered if this was how most progress. What I read on the internet says I should be good as new by now and I am good just not hiking or doing long walks yet. Been to loads of graduations and school programs, but I take my cane. Should I push harder? Just questions. I see my doctor the end of the month and want a superior rating. :heehee:

:wave:sorry to see you feeling you might be slow progressing in recovery, but sure good to see your avatar and hear from you.

I had certain moments...this 'late' in my recovery..
Leg not listening periodically
The weak at times that can't exactly attribute to anything in particular.
Could be you do need to give it a little extra TLC..
We do more than we think sometimes.

You are very accurate! I just want it to be done, to walk the dog:dogsniff: and not be concerned if she pulls at the leash. Jealousy creeps in when I read 12 weeks and people are healed. :tantrum2: Just really want to not think about walking without limping or walking down steps. Impatience is my middle name.

So don't take it 'when needed'. Take it 1,000mg 4 times a day. A much better and more effective regimen.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom