Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

:blackcloud:
How annoying is that?
:fingersx: for you Alfie.
Please let us know what they say...
I'm ready for you to get some relief...hard for me to be Hippy Happy when my purple pal is still in pain.
Hope you have a peaceful weekend.:console2:

IMG952018031495175552299_2.jpg

Ran up on this deep in the woods...investigating this weekend. Clue from the Knights Templar? marking Confederate buried gold? Lost grave of famous Creek Indian chief?
Stupid sandstone rock with old farm harrow marks?
Don't know if I should try to look under.
Could evoke bad mojo...what do you think?

Small?! Oh my stars...
Wow.
The lake is mystical and beautiful.
How lucky you are !
Hope it's a bit warmer.
My hips don't like cold.
82F Sunday!
Hope you have a Good weekend!

Nice catch @Alfie888! You needed a bright spot.

It looks like they at least got you in to another consultant quickly.

And I agree with you, @Mojo333 needs to dig up the rock!

It's two and one half feet by about 4 feet! :nah:
And it might be one of a triad that triangulates to a central area that is UNMARKED.
More surveying and need to see how thick it is!
Not trying to get these new hips out of whack on account of digging up the 1940s grave for some guy's dead mule, Bessie.:thud:

Great pic, Alfie! You...not the fish. I showed hubby and said "Look at this guy with this big old fish"
Hubs said "He's a man after my own heart!" He was jelly I think, Alfie.

The misty water photo is beautiful! Wish you felt better. Something's gotta give here...
Hope your weekend is good.
@Alfie888

So, I got to see a new consultant this morning and should be scheduled for the injection in the next couple of weeks. He said that he usually did the procedure without sedation. I had to say that there was no way he was poking about in my hip while I was conscious. Call me a big baby, but if I've got the choice it's out to the world every time.

@Mojo333, @Layla, We have lots of lakes like that near where I live. They are old Victorian gravel and clay pits. There are also lots of old canals. A hundred+ years of neglect has left nature to take it's course and now they are really beautiful, especially in summer. Most of them are off the beaten track or on private land. I'm gradually trying to photograph them all and thinking I may put a book or website together.

afarm5.staticflickr.com_4786_40191738724_152198aba6_b.jpg

Aaah! Another peaceful photo to start my day. Thanks, Alfie, it's beautiful.
What a great idea on the pics. Why let them go to waste when so many could enjoy them.
I find them calming.

Awake or asleep, the choice is yours... I'm happy to hear you'll soon be finding some relief!
It will be wonderful. Please keep us in the loop.
A great week to you!
@Alfie

I would SO love a book like that.
And on the injection, I'm with you.
O-U-T!:zzz:

Actually @Alfie888, I had hip injections both ways, and being awake wasn’t bad at all. I opted for that so I wouldn’t have to get a driver (my husband was alive for the first one where they knocked me out).

Go with whatever works best for you, just glad they are getting you scheduled.

I had a phone call late yesterday asking if I could go in on Friday for a pre-op checkup as there is a letter in the post with my appointment. Which I'm assuming will be next week.

Hey Alfie. What happened with appointment?
How about injection date?
Thinking of you and hoping all is well as can be.

Hi Mojo, I have an appointment for the injection next Tuesday. The OS is also going to do an exploratory as they will be sedating me. I over did it yesterday and the pain was really bad last night and today. I hope the injection gives me some relief as I feel it is starting to take it's toll now.

On the plus side, the sun is shining. I actually spent some time in the garden for the first time in months.

I hope you are ok and your dad is on the mend after his ordeal.

Aww, Alfie
So sorry you're struggling. It's great to hear you'll soon find some relief.
Pain is such a energy sucker, I'll bet you're often tired. Steals our joy too.
I'm glad you have a nice sunny day to spend out in nature and your garden.
We got snow overnight, ha!
Too brighter days.....I know they're coming for you @Alfie :yes!:

Thanks @Layla, I've had a rough couple of days with the pain. Roll on Tuesday and the big needle :yikes:

Just don’t look st the needle @Alfie888! It has been a slow process for you, but it seems like things are finally moving. Hope pain is not too bad this last waiting period.

OS is also going to do an exploratory
Good!
Ready for someone to see why the slow progress and lack of pain mediation.
Good for injection.
Let nature heal your spirit, and hopefully these "experts" can get the rest sorted.
Take care my purple pal:friends:

Hey Alfie,
I believe your appointment with the big needle was today :scaredycat:
Wondering how you're feeling? Not sure how quickly you get relief...
Hopefully soon so you're able to get out and enjoy nature without the nagging pain.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful week!
@Alfie888

:wave:How are things...please tell me they went well.
I've had family drama and been on the forum only in small doses.
But I did say a little prayer that you were able to get some relief!:praying:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom