Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

I’m glad to hear there wasn’t a problem, Peg, and that you were dancing! :egypdance:

Hello Everyone!
I can't believe it has been a year since my surgery...time is flying. The leg is doing fantastic! Better than anyone expected. I feel so blessed to have the doctors I do. I have a trainer that I see three times a week now. I am trying to get the whole body healthy now and it is going well. I took off 6 pounds and 9 inches in February!!! After being down for so long it feels great to be exercising all the muscles. I figure this will also help with further injuries, like the shoulder..LOL. My balance is 100% better :) I am also trying very hard to keep the other knee out of the OR. I really can't put into words how happy I am these days. If I am having an off day I just remember where I was 1,2 or 3 years ago. Now I get to dance to Sesame Street with my grandson and play with cars on the floor with him. I really want to show that there is light at the end of the tunnel and good outcomes. Sometimes it just takes a little longer.

How happy you sound! After all you went through, it's wonderful to see you enjoying life with your new knee.:roseshwr:

Peggy, I’m so happy you’re happy and I know just how you feel! Living a more active life, getting outdoors and moving feel so good!

Hello Peggy! I'm thrilled that things have eventually worked out so well for your knee. :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :dancy:
You deserve an accolade for your patience while going through a very difficult recovery. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:

I hope that your more recent shoulder surgery also gives you a stellar result. :friends:

That’s really great
I’m glad got you
I been checking on you often.
Thank you for your advice and encouragement these last few years
( I only check now and then, not sure how to do threads and al that.
Does no good to tell me because I always mess it up),
Yes a little ligh... takes time. I really appreciate that sunshine now.

How wonderful it is to hear how well you are doing! All your dreams are coming true!

Happy to hear how well you are doing, congratulations on the weight loss!
Enjoy your grandchildren.

That’s such good news Peggy. So pleased you have your life back after all you went through so stoically x

Hello Everyone!
Another knee anniversary is fast approaching and everything is going well. I will be going to the yearly OS checkup in another month and I have no complaints for him. :) We were able to travel around in the RV quite a bit this past year which was really nice. I am having a great time with my grandson. I remember the original goal was to be walking by the time he was born and managed to be walking when he learned to walk. It was such a joy to walk around with him for Halloween...it is the little things in life..LOL. I managed to stay out of the OR for 14 months!! I was back there the end of November and the beginning of this month for repairs to the flap donor site on the right thigh. The temporary skin graft was sticking to the muscle and I had just kept putting off going to the plastic surgeon. I found out that sometimes it is just as bad not to be able to feel pain. The repair in November came apart. I blame that on not being able to feel it when I was doing something to pull the sutures apart. A good portion of the thigh (front) is numb from when they did the flap. So on the second surgery they made the incision going upward, looks like an upside down question mark. I definitely felt these but not complaining. Due to fluid build up under the incision (just like with the knee) they kept the staples in a little longer. Half of them were taken out last week and the rest will be taken out next Monday. I can't wait to be able to go back to the gym in a few weeks (you did not hear me say that). My joints are definitely feeling the difference...and I like the "me time".
Here's to another good year!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, glad you are doing well. Pain is there for a reason, it lets you know that something is going on, and you need to do something, now!
Wishing you continued Healing, and fun times with your Grandson.

So good to read this positive post Peggy. Do hope everything continues to go well. Linda x

I'm so glad things are still going well, Peg. I'm also glad that you've been able to live a normal life and do the things you enjoy. In the end, that's what the surgeries tried to achieve - and they did it!

@PegGar16
I'm only 2 mos PO but at the suggestion of some members here, I've been reading through some posts of people who have had trying experiences with eventual good outcomes. I have to say, your story is amazing and I am so happy for you. I think the quote you have in red letters says it all. POSITIVE THINKING AND BELIEVING IS EVERYTHING. Words to abide by! I have changed my mind about a few things lately, I believe I am having a normal recovery. So. So happy for you.

Wow that was quite a trip!!! Thanks for sharing and so happy all's well that ends well. You are a very strong amazingly positive woman! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Good to hear you’re doing well! I don’t think we’ll ever take our mobility for granted.

Skin flap tune up is nothing for you compared to the previous mess. Success stories like yours are so encouraging.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom