Visiting a Hospital

cobird2

Country
United States United States
How far in advance of your own surgery would you not visit someone in a hospital? I'm very concerned about the very high rate of flu cases this year.

Very good question @cobird2 ! I guess this is really a personal choice but I would give it at least a month. When is your surgery?

This time of year is especially tricky. I would not take the chance of getting something unless your surgery not for awhile.

I'm scheduled for RTHR on February 13.

@cobird2 At work I have been sequestered in my office with my door closed for over a month, just me and my dog trying to limit exposure to co-workers and visitors the best I can, yet still, do my job! Everyone understands. I quit making therapy dog visits to nursing homes well before Christmas...not that I could hobble along that well. I actually was passed by people with walkers on my last visit of the year. :egypdance:

My surgery is a week from today and I am not taking any chances. Today is my B'day and we are not going to out at my request. Being well for the surgery is primary for me. I can do whatever I want once I can walk normally again!

Avoid hospitals as far as possible for your own sake as well as others. Visitors bring in infection and help spread it. Well intentioned visitors bearing grapes are not always what you want to see when you aren't at your best in any case.

@cobird2 At work I have been sequestered in my office with my door closed for over a month, just me and my dog trying to limit exposure to co-workers and visitors the best I can, yet still, do my job! Everyone understands. I quit making therapy dog visits to nursing homes well before Christmas...not that I could hobble along that well. I actually was passed by people with walkers on my last visit of the year. :egypdance:

My surgery is a week from today and I am not taking any chances. Today is my B'day and we are not going to out at my request. Being well for the surgery is primary for me. I can do whatever I want once I can walk normally again!

Thank you for the advice. It's what I was thinking. I hope you have a very successful surgery and are back to walking normally real soon.

Happy Birthday!:)

Avoid hospitals as far as possible for your own sake as well as others. Visitors bring in infection and help spread it. Well intentioned visitors bearing grapes are not always what you want to see when you aren't at your best in any case.

Definitely agree with you. Thank you for your input.

Very good question @cobird2 ! I guess this is really a personal choice but I would give it at least a month. When is your surgery?

This time of year is especially tricky. I would not take the chance of getting something unless your surgery not for awhile.

Thank you Jaycey. I'd rather not take any chances.

Happy Birthday @Poodles :flwrysmile: a quiet one this year (extra cuddles from your dogs? :puppysmooze: ) and double the celebrations next year :cheers:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks