Revision TKR Revision time...

That's interesting because I would think stop and go local driving would be much harder than highway driving.
Where I live is a rural area, not so much stop and go driving! Zero traffic lights and a few stop signs.

Usually when you start to forget to take a dose. I found I could start to wean down during the day but took them a lot longer at night.

Just like when you find yourself walking without your walker or cane. It's the little things.

Not quite 3 weeks so nice I've had the revision, my knee has been really painful the past couple of days I can't seem to get ahead of it. I'm taking the pain meds as scheduled just seems it's not helping anymore! I've been icing and elevating as much as possible but I just can't seem to get handle on the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you being too active? How about icing and elevating? Is that helping?

Are you being too active? How about icing and elevating
This time around I'm doing it by the book and I've been icing and elevating and taking it easy, not doing much in regards to activity. I help with the meals because my kids aren't old enough yet to do this by themselves...other than that just walking around the house and every couple of days I go for a short walk.
I've been wanting to cut back on the pain meds but while my knee is feeling like this I can't...just seems though that the pain meds are not doing their job anymore.

Usually the best time to cut back on pain meds is when you forget to take them. If you have to be up and around the house then it would be wise to cut out any other unnecessary activity, like your walks, until the pain begins to lessen. Take a look at the link sistersinhim left for you, it's a great guide.

Your knee is a brand new baby, just 3 weeks old. You shouldn't be up that much and still need your meds.
Yeah is brand new and I am taking it easy, a lot easier than I have with the other four I've had.
Meds, the dr who I saw last week wouldn't give me a full script because he said he doesn't want me to become addicted to them... my own dr should be in on Thursday I will call his office then.

I think the doctors are being leaned on pretty heavily by the controlling authorities, who have no idea how painful a knee replacement can be.
Your own doctor may be able to prescribe Tramadol.

I'm at 6w today and driving is still hard. Im surprised your PT told you to drive while you're still on pain meds.

I still take pain meds at night.

I'm at 6w today and driving is still hard. Im surprised your PT told you to drive while you're still on pain meds.

I still take pain meds at night.
I honestly haven't done much driving, three times with the max of five minutes each time. It's good that I do have permission to because I'm a solo parent and I'm home alone with two kids. My friend and her kids who were here for two and a half weeks had to go back home, they live in another province.

I haven't felt up to driving much anyways!

For the past couple of days I've been struggling with my quad, it feels very weak and it is very painful. I haven't before experienced this...I'm wondering if there are any exercises and/or certain stretches I can do to help relieve this.

My quad seemed to be worse than my knee at times! Perhaps you can try massaging it some yourself. There is a stretch my PT would have me do that felt very good for both quad and hip flexor, and I will try my best to describe.
Lay on bed, coffee table or some other raised surface, making sure that your tushy is near the edge. Bring both knees in towards chest (think fetal position but on your back). Grab the back of 1 leg with botg hands, and while keeping it bent and in line with hips, slowly let other leg down as if you were trying to put your foot on the floor underneath you. It is important to keep that leg bent and don't let it turn outwards. You should feel a nice stretch in the leg hanging down.
Hope this is both understandable and helpful!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom