TKR Woo Hoo I'm doing great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nysparkle

My surgery was July 10th. I had a spinal block and twilight seep for anesthesia. Along with my LTKR a Femoral block was also inserted. I really like how alert I was after surgery. Getting the spinal was uncomfortable but the benefits of being fully alert after surgery was a nice trade off.

I am doing very well. I had three day total in that hospital. that includes the surgery date.
My physical therapist was very pleased with my progress.The nurses would notice I could lift my leg when they would put me on the CPM.
Now That I am home I am enjoying a good nights sleep. Boy hospitals are busy and nosy.:gaah:
I'm taking my pain meds on time. I have a Cryo cuff for icing. Today is my first full day home. I was visited by a Nurse who checked my wound and a physical therapist. This Physical therapist was also pleased at my progress. One mishap was my commode was not delivered until today. I worried how I would be able to sit on our toilet. My husband helped me get on and off and I survived. I'm glad it finally arrived tho.

My attitude is great and people I have talked too can not believe how good I sound.
My home nurse did lecture me to remember to rest. I am doing that.:sleep:
I am very pleased that everything went so well for me.:)

sgreeting_welcome_team_100-100.gif
c33.gif
to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery. Seems you had a good hospital experience and are doing well now that you are home. Please follow the BoneSmart mantra: pain meds on a schedule; lots of rest; elevate and ice, ice, ice; and gentle easy PT exercises.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted. We care.
AddEmoticons00916.gif

Thank you! I will follow the Mantra. I mentioned bonesmart.org to everyone at the hospital. The occupational therapists wrote the url down, I hope they visit and recommend bonesmart to their patients.

Welcome home and CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful, uplifting post at 3 days post op. Thak you for posting. I hope your recovery continues to be exactly like this. Wishing you the best!

Thanks Nyland. I had a good PT session today. The man who came today totally knew his stuff. I answered the door without my walker and was told that was not a good idea. He said I need to use the walker until my staples are out. Feeling good has it's drawbacks as I'm tempted to do too much too soon. Time for me to slow it down and just do my exercise as advised..

Well you know the saying "Two steps forward and one step back" I'm going through that right now.
I was doing so great.I have a 90 degree angle at 10 days post op. Yeah me!
Then I pulled a ham string. Owww So My job right now is rest and ice.
This will pass and I'll get back to my exercises.

Thanks Morning Glory. It happened Weds. Thursday I felt better and my PT very gently
did some stretches and told me no cpm or excersise until I feel better.
Rest Ice and elevate is what I have done all day Friday and today.
Hoping tomorrow is better.
I see my Dr. Tuesday for followup so I can confer with him then about this.

I'm happy you are doing so well....even with your little setback. It happens sometimes, but it's only temporary and then you'll be back to that great recovery.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hi all ! Just stopping in to update and share some thoughts. I am one month post op and I'm doing well. My therapist John is excellent. Last night I had a crying spell while talking to my husband.I told my husband that all the praise I get for doing so well is great but personally I am so frustrated with what I can't do.I am finding it a challenge to balance motion ad renst. I need to move but we need to rest as well.

I was still feeling a bit out of sorts this morning before PT. As I was leaving PT a young woman 30 ish looked at my knee and said Oh a TKR. I said yes and joked the other knee will have a matching smile (scar) soon as I will be having surgery in October.This young woman asked when my LTKR was and I said July. She looked shocked. I thought she was reacting to my having the surgeries close. She explained that she was in awe at how well I was walking. She had a TKR and it was 3 months before she could walk. I explained to her how I had been feeling and I thanked her for her story.I needed to remember to count my blessings.

*Sorry I could not fix the font and size*

Somehow, God always puts someone, or something in our path to bring the light of day to us. Glad you ran into the young woman and hope she lifted your spirits.

Debbie that is exactly how I felt!!! I got in the car and said Thank You God. I needed that. ; ^ )

Sparkle--I fixed the font for you. You're doing great---give yourself some credit and remember this all takes a long time. You will get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom