Today going for diabetic checkup and insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavender

post-grad
Country
Canada Canada
:shocked:Today is my checkup for the clinic. Sugar levels changing so the doctor suggested insulin. My husband is on insulin and doing fine. Just wish the appointment was over. Not worried about insulin as my Dad took insulin, just the check up .

Seem like so much of our time now is spent going to the doctor. Know it's the best for me just not comfortable. Anyone else diabetic? Are you on insulin and is it working?

Just a little nervous well getting ready to go I have been diabetic for 4 years. So far doing ok but now need more. Holly

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to change from diet to insulin after a hyaluronic/steroid injection in my knee made my blood sugars go sky high and wouldn't go down. Before that I controlled them by going low carb. I can't take any of the oral meds, I have bad side effects. It is the best thing I've done, as now I can have an occassional treat and my sugars don't go high. I am able to test and alter my insulin dose as required and I'm not on a fixed amount. So I only take what I need.

I like you was unsure to start with but had to do something after the injection. My HbA1c now averages at just over 6 (in old money!) and I've been discharged from hospital care back to GP as they are very pleased. I still have a lifeline back to an excellent diabetic nurse at the hospital and she is the one I go to for advice not the nurse at the Gps surgery. When I have surgery now and my blood sugars go erratic at least I know I am in control. The hospitals I've been in aren't very good at controlling it.

@lavender. Would you be a dear and try to add the odd full stop to your posts.
I really cannot read one loooooog sentence! :rolleyes:

PS I also moved this FROM the Social Room INTO the Knee Pre-Op room where it belongs!

Sorry for the long posts they will not happy again so much going on right now so going to take a break from this forum Thanks to the friends I have made Holly

Sorry to see you go, Holly. I've been looking at you cross stitch thread. Best wishes.

Hi busylizzie And thanks. Feeling a little less stress today had my followup visit and first insulin shot last night. I was told last spring before surgery they may put me on insulin in the hospital but readings were ok so now one less thing to worry about with next surgery. I was told not to expect instant results but looking forward to the readings getting better and getting back to the 5 and 6 reading that I had before all of this. More cross stitch finishes to post once pictures are taken. Have a great day and thanks again. Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom