BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE RECOVERY THREAD ONLY IS PREFERRED. PLEASE DON'T START ADDITIONAL THREADS ABOUT YOUR RECOVERY.

thank you all

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by zettevette, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zettevette

zettevette New Member

thank you everyone for being on this site. I am starting my 4th week on Monday. And I've been really depressed because of my situation, I thought I would recover faster. but reading the different comments I see that I'm expecting too much. I thought it was my M.S. and RA slowing the healing process but from reading your comments it has given me a little light at the end of this long tunnel. Thank you all for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  2. doug

doug Forum Advisor

United States United States
    You are very welcome. I feel the same about all of the other folks that post. I was explaining this site to my wife last night and told her that it was a shame that I had new friends all over the U.S. and England and that it is a shame we will never meet.
    I'm at 3wks2days post op and having one horrible afternoon. I don't think I'm depressed. Rather, I'm frustrated. I had an excellent cycle session this a.m. In fact, the last three times I've been on it, I've lowered the seat down more.
    Once I got home, my knee decided to punish me so I ended up back on the pills. Now I sit here watching stupid t.v. programs. Oh well, tomorrow will be a new challenge.

3. Pattipoo

Pattipoo Post-Grad

I'm appreciative of all of you, too. My Mother asks every morning what I "learned" on the website.....
    I feel so much better every time I read through the threads....

thanks everyone!

4. kath

kath Senior

Doug and all,
    It does seem when you have a good day or two you end up with a bad one. Just part of it. I slept again in my bed, but not as good as the other two nights. All night I was just uncomfortable, not in real pain just with a feeling like I had to stretch my leg so bad that it ached. I got up did some stretches, walked, back to bed, up again so on and so forth most of the day until 4:30pm this afternoon, then I realized because I wasn't in real pain I hadn't taken any pills all day. I broke down and took them and finally I am feeling a bit better. It may seem like we are ready to give up the darn pills on some days, but maybe we really are trying to push it. I said after last weekend I wasn't doing that again. This weekend, it was actually not on purpose, I felt so good that I didn't think I needed them I guess, once again I was wrong.

Saturday is Hallmark movie day. Guess what I did all day?

Here's to a great week for us all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.