THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

tashia

alpha
Country
United States United States
I had a new hip on the 13th of september and still having to use a cane and pain pills.. i still don't feel safe to drive. getting very sad.

Re: New hip 13 September - feeling sad

Hi Tashia! Welcome to BoneSmart!

I moved your post to a new thread so that you can get more responses from everyone here.

Please don't worry about still having to use a cane or pain meds. We all recover at different rates.

Please tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our new members!

Hi, feeling sad is ok, because many people do. But remember 6 or 7 weeks is still very early, and as Jaycey said, we are all different in our recovery rates, BUT IT WILL COME although at it's own rate.
You may need meds for quite a time yet.

Yes, and more info please, particularly on your rehab and activity levels, plus what pain meds are you on.

You'll be ok

It might 'cheer you up' to know that feeling blue is utterly normal, part of the whole recovery process, like aches, pains, sleeplessness, anxiety etc etc. :hairpulling:
Also it WON'T last! Just treat it like another symptom and have a chocolate/watch some daft telly/ swear and curse inwardly (or outwardly!) It will pass, I promise.:console:

Welcome to Bonesmart. It is still early days, so please don't worry, things will improve. Look forward to hearing more about you. You'll find lots of friendly support and advice here to help you along your journey. :friends:

----- or visit our social room:thumb:

There are lots of silly things and silly people in there :hysterical:

awww.forumup.com_images_smiles_oregonian_balloons.gif
Welcome to BoneSmart Tashia! Aww...don't be sad :console:. You just went thru a MAJOR surgery and it is going to take awhile to recover. Everything that has been said to you is all true and I agree with.

Why don't you tell us about yourself? Anyway, come on here as often as you want. This is a great forum to share anything and eveything. And a comforting place to come to share with others who have been there.

Welcome aboard!

Tashia, its much too soon to be sad about progress, I was done mid May, only got of my last crutch early September, will be six months next week and I am delighted with my progress. Slow but sure that is the deal, but boy is it worth it in the end.

Welcome Tashia!! :grouphug2:What you are feeling is completely normal. There are plenty of ups and downs with this surgery but it helps to think about the positive things that has happened, like your milestones since THR.

Read some of the library threads on recovery, lots of help in understanding how long things can take.

What the others all said! :wink1:

Plus, please remember you are only 8 weeks out so very likely to still be sore and lacking in confidence.

Hi Tashia,
Please know that you are not alone with your sadness and worries. The folks at this sight are very supportive, and if you read the other posts you will find some helpful ideas for your recovery.

Be sure to rest, take your medications, eat healthful foods and do your leg exercises. Also, please know that in a few more weeks you will be feeling better. It is a journey.

Indulge yourself.....find a good book, watch the birds at the birdfeeder, watch silly/romantic/fill-in-the-blank movies or tv, have a milk shake, call all your friends/family...etc.

Try writing a daily journal entry and you will be surprise at your progress as the weeks go by.

Good luck.....we are cheering you on!

Nan

thanks for all the support. very cold ruff on hip otherwise ok.

I not a computer person so this going to be as much as challenge as the hip replacement. ::th_heehee:

No worries, Tashia!!! You're doing just fine on the forum!!!

Hi Tashia and welcome to bonesmart! I used a walker for about 4-5 weeks and then a cane for a long time after that even though my OS had told me 3 weeks with walker and 3 weeks with cane. Every one heals differently and at a different rate. I also had some sadness (depression) during recovery. You have been through a lot but as everyone had said you will get there and what you are going through will be so worth it. I too, lost a lot of confidence in my body and in myself, found talking to a counselor helped and in time, with patience the confidence comes back. I am now looking forward to my second new hip scheduled for Nov. 15! So please hang in there and keep us updated. Practicing computer skills will help keep you busy! Take care.

Hi Tashia. I had one of the easier recoveries, but I still needed pain medication for a good four months, and sporadically after that. At one point during the summer, I went back on Celebrex for a month. Been off completely for several months, but there are some days that still get rugged. You are very early in healing yet; don't rush it....your body will tell you what you need. Impatience gets us nowhere fast. In two more months you will be amazed at the difference.

Please do let us know if you need help finding your way around the forum!

Have you read this thread - Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it. Feeling a bit down after this major surgery is totally normal.

Hope you are feeling better today!

I not a computer person so this going to be as much as challenge as the hip replacement. ::th_heehee:

What an ideal opportunity to get support and practise your ICT skills at the same time:snork:

I Hope you are feeling a little better. I found it helped me to get outside for a few minutes a couple of times a day especially if the sun is out. This will pass but a journal is a great idea.

I need help to get around the site. I have some knowledge but very slow learner on computer. I enjoy being around people making quilts for those in need. Having trouble with sewing so feeling blue is moving in. i do hate changing time with the clocks. I't dark so soon.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back