Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I have done a heck of a lot of sleeping today in between visits to the restroom! I am on antibiotics to kill the c-diff, antibiotics to make sure that MRSA never returns, and Probiotics to balance my system! What a concept huh! :rotfl:

Pills to counteract the other pills to counteract the other pills........ Viscous cycle. Sometimes I feel like that.

Yep... The miracles of modern medicine are sometimes the very things that cause our downfall!

So sad, Sonia. What a shame.
Have you managed to stay upright and in one piece?
Kudos on the ROM and you know the strength will come with (a lot of) time.
xx
Sandy
Sandy,

I have managed to stay upright because most of my time is either in bed right now or in the bathroom. I guess laying and "sitting" are safe! :rotfl:

Hi Sonja

I am an interloper from the Hips side of things. I've often looked at your thread, and marvelled at your resilience in the face of more problems than you deserve.

My mother-in-law had C Diff. She was in her 90s, and had other health problems, so it hit her pretty hard. I just want to suggest that you make sure you have plenty of fluids. On the 2 occasions my mother-in-law was hospitalised with C Diff both times it was because she had become dehydrated.

Check with your doctor, but I'm sure that is good advice.

All the best.

Glynis

Just adding my voice to all the others...glad you found out what is going on at least, that does seem to help.Now please just get well and stay safe !

I was really hoping it would not be C-Diff. What a nasty gut bug! At least you know what you are dealing with and can move forward. I seems one thing leads to another. What fixes the first thing causes something else to mess up. These antibiotics can be a pain. Guess we are lucky to have them though. Hope the Flagyl works for you!
Sounds like the knee is improving, that's good news:)

Sonja, (((((((hugs))))))) and Prayers! I hope that you are beginning to feel some relief soon. So, did Dr. Maale think that the hairline fracture should just heal quietly? Hang in there friend!!! Wishing you some calm waters!!! Peace from the storms...

It's not saying much, but at least you know what the problem is and what you can do for it. I'm so sorry! Hugs!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

I came home to find my hubby in bed "sicker" than I am. :giggle:

I have come to the conclusion that guys always think they are about to die! I am staying in a separate bedroom for both of our sake. I don't want what he has, and he doesn't want what I've got! :wink:

I am starting to feel "pretty darned good" though, so I'd have to say "yay' for me, and' 'boo' to the tummy bug! :happydance:

Life is looking so much better! I haven"t thrown up, at all, belched much in the last 24 hours. The diarrhea is slowing way down too!

Sorry, I know I am graphic, but to realize how bad I felt, verses how good I am starting to feel for the first time in a long time is simply amazing! :happydance:

Lord, You brought me though another valley and I am so grateful! :yahoo:

It's not saying much, but at least you know what the problem is and what you can do for it. I'm so sorry! Hugs!

Janet,

Just knowing I have loving and supportive friends means the world to me! ((((Hugs)))) back at you!

BJ,

Yes the hairline fracture will heal. He just grinned at me when I told him that the fall was all "capsie's" fault anyway! He knows me, but he is so excited because the ONLY real problem I have is the weak inside muscle which can be strengthened! He was grinning from ear to ear as he looked at the x-rays and said the prothesis looked "perfect"!

Yes Jo, I imagine you can! :happydance:

The only sad point of the visit was when I told him I was sorry to hear about Dr. Rueben! That's when I learned that Rueben had died of an Astrocytoma Multiform stage 4. Maale said he was a great friend, and that he had left behind a wife and 5 children. I told him that my dad had also died of Brain cancer a Glioblastoma Multiform stage 4, so I understood. I really liked Dr. Rueben and will miss him greatly! :cry:

Sonja,

I am so glad that you are feeling better. It is definitely your turn to have something positive going on with your health!

Sonja, glad you are feeling better but sorry your hubby isn't. I know most men seem to think they are dying, but not my husband. So that is why I knew something was really wrong with him when he complained about his neck.

Oh Sonja I am sorry to hear about the Cdiff! I was worried that that might become an issue, because the anti your were taking is known to be a cause for Cdiff. God forbid the Flagyl does not kill it completely, another good med is Vancomycin. Having Crohns this is a big worry for us, and thank God I have not gotten it. I have a friend that has been battling it for quite awhile, and he said that he feels like the meds are the cause of it. Kinda like you can't win for losing. Big hugs Sonja!!! xoxo

Nanners,

Getting off the doxycycline, moving to Bactrim and Flagyl has made a world of difference! I am starting to feel like my "sweet ornery" self again! :happydance:

I'm sure Judy is tickled pink for me, I think I will ask! :whistle: bottomshollow

Oh Sonja I am sorry to hear about the Cdiff! I was worried that that might become an issue, because the anti your were taking is known to be a cause for Cdiff. God forbid the Flagyl does not kill it completely, another good med is Vancomycin. Having Crohns this is a big worry for us, and thank God I have not gotten it. I have a friend that has been battling it for quite awhile, and he said that he feels like the meds are the cause of it. Kinda like you can't win for losing. Big hugs Sonja!!! xoxo

I am allergic to vancomycin! They found that out when they were trying to kill the MRSA! I started getting hives and my scalp was on fire within five minutes of starting it. Luckily the doc was still on the floor and he rushed to my room DCed the Vanco, and wrote Highly adverse reactions in my chart. They gave me Benadryl to counteract the effect, but it took a while. :yikes:

So people with Crohn disease have to worry about this nasty little beastly bug all the time?! :groan:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom