TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined the LEGO (Lets Enjoy Getting Older!) walking group from my church on Friday & walked 6 miles. I did it & it was OK but I was in pain at the finish from my 'old' knee, grrrrr. Still, I couldn't have done it 2 years ago. Perhaps I had better stick to 3 or 4 miles which I can do much more comfortably. (They have a 'strollers' group for this category, which I know will make you Americans laugh - isn't a 'stroller' a baby buggy in your lingo?):walking:

Wow Rita, 6 miles! You go girl! Yes a (stroller) is a baby buggy in my neck of the woods, and that would be more my speed.:heehee:

Although I remember my sister saying pushing her kids in the stroller was a good workout. :)

Great to hear you're doing so well Rita. :thumb:

Six miles is a lot in my book! I like the LEGO acronym. I was wondering what a stroller was in YOUR neck of the woods, then realized you were speaking of one who strolls. The baby buggy threw me.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

hi Rita try dam flask nice walk round res and not far from you .I am getting gills all swimming with kids been to peel pool it is oldest lido in uk at lewes today 5 hours swimming ,yesterday in sea towing inflatable boat round day before west wittering again in sea.Day off tommorow then gran kids back so sea again they are 2 little fishes

@reetpteet,
Just thought I'd pop in to say "hello". We arrived home safe and sound yesterday lunchtime, after a very good drive home. We stayed on two campsites on our way to Calais, and were joined by friends from the Rally on both of them. The washing machine doesn't seem to have stopped since our arrival, but at least it is good drying weather out there at the moment.
I hope your journey home is good, it was lovely to have met a real life Bone Smartie, do keep in touch xx Lyn

Hiya @reetpteet, glad you continued with the good weather and enjoyed the rest of your French trip. We are now packing up after a glorious week in Devon, it rained overnight but we've had sunshine every day. Have a good autumn/ winter, we may meet on a caravan site in a France next year xxx Lyn

Hello Rita,
Lovely to hear from you, how are all the Christmas preparations going? Well I hope, so that you can relax now.
No, I didn't have any IT band issues with my first TKR, the whole of the outside of my thigh is very tender and becomes painful when I walk, but it's swings and roundabouts - the new knee is fine! The Physio is pleased with me, so all is well apart from this muscle.
We have booked for La Garangeoire - for the whole rally, It will be lovely to meet up again. We would normally spend May and June in France, but we have a new grandchild due then, so September will probably be our only visit this year, we are hoping the weather will be kind to us again, and maybe we can stay in France for a couple of weeks after the rally.
Have a wonderful Christmas, best wishes to you and David xxx

@reetpteet
Hi Rita, Happy New Year to you and David, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Have you made any caravan plans for this coming year? My new knee is behaving itself and is coming on nicely, so hopefully by Spring I will be out and about and enjoying life again. I've heard from Chris and Alan, (I don't know whether you remember them, they had a motor home, and we teamed up quite a bit), they are in Spain now, well, they arrive this morning, and are there until mid March. I'm quite envious, I know it can be cold, but they get lots of blue skies. We have a cottage in Cornwall booked in early March, but that and our September trip are the only things on the calendar at the moment, we must get busy booking up more trips! Love to you both, xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks