BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community

1. Scheduled for release tomorrow: a major re-design of the BoneSmart.org forum.

All the same features you're used to will still be here, but the look will be completely updated to match the rest of the website (Part 1, launched in May). But this update is not just about a new color scheme - it's about making the forum easier to use no matter what device you're on! Whether you're on a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet or a mobile phone - the new design will adjust to fit your screen (this is called "responsive web design"), be easier to read, and easier to navigate.

Yes, major changes like these can be a pain because they make the forum you're familiar with feel unfamiliar. But I hope you will come to appreciate all we've built into this new design. Ultimately we want to make it easier for newbies (even people who have found us yet) and all you BoneSmarties who are the heart and soul of this community. I definitely invite your feedback - good or bad - in Announcements.

jsr

Osteoporosis and Knee Replacements

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by ekars2, Mar 9, 2013.

1. ekars2

ekars2 Junior Member

United States United States
    Can anyone tell me if you got Osteoporosis can you have knee replacement ?
    My knee are real bad lots of pain and can't walk to far .I am new here my first post
    Thank you
  2. Pumpkln

Pumpkln Forum Advisor

Welcome to Bonesmart ekars2, a moderator will be along soon to answer your question.
    :)
  3. ekars2

ekars2 Junior Member

Thanks Pumpkin for the only post I got .
    I guess no one on here had Osteoporosis and Knee replacement
  4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

ekars2, you have posted in an old thread that is no longer active. For the best results you need to start a thread of your own in the Knee Replacement Pre Op Area forum. Here are directions about how to do that:

To start your own thread in the knee replacement pre op area--On the white bar at the top of the page, click on "Knee Replacement". Then click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area" You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a title box. You determine the title you want for your thread and then go down to the dialogue box and proceed to post your message.

BTW, welcome to the forum. We are very pleased to have you here with us. I'll be looking for your new thread in the knee pre op area.
  5. cajunmehow

cajunmehow Junior Member

Hi ekars2,
    I have osteoporosis in my hip and take once monthly Boniva. I had a LTKR last April and things are finally improving. My problems had nothing to do with the osteoporosis, but rather with prior knee surgeries, scar tissue, atrophied quad muscle, etc.

Welcome to the forum. It was a big help to me when I was going thru considerable pain and doubt!
    :bicycle1:
  6. Josephine

Josephine Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ekars2 I have moved your post and replies to the knee pre-op forum where you are more likely to get replies. Sorry I missed you yesterday. I generally just look for very short threads and new members. Yours didn't show up as it was tagged onto and very old thread.

I have scrubbed for many, many TKRs where the patient had osteoporosis, men and women! It's not a problem.
  7. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

welcome back 6.jpg we're glad you're here 6.jpg @ekars2, I am posting here so it will be easier for you to locate your old thread. If you'd like a title change, just let us know what to change it to and we'll take care of it.
  8. Haze

Haze Member

Canada Canada
    I have osteoporosis and.have just had my second knee replacement. First one was.2010 on right knee and just had left one done. So far so good