One year for me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanamac

big-cheese
Country
United States United States
I just realized that today was April 6th and it is the anniversary of my THRevision. And what a year it has been...

I am not a person who sailed smoothly thru this, in fact it's been kind of a shipwreck. I must admit, I don't know that I'm even out of the woods yet.

I know that I'm certainly better than I was early on, but I've still got a long way to go. Unfortunately for me, had the fracture that I suffered been found initially, and not 2 1/2 weeks later, I would be telling a different story.

Fractures can happen. Not often, but sometimes they do.

I can do pretty much everything I need to do, but it's been a very painful and disppointing year for me. I still wouldn't discourage ANYONE from having this surgery.

I've met some pretty awesome people this last year, and that wouldn't have happened had I not gone looking for anything regarding THR surgery recovery.

Everyone that I have met has had a pretty uneventful recovery. So even with all the horrid stuff that I've gone thru , I would still recommend this surgery.

I wish I had known what to look for in an OS though. This site has taught me a lot and I've found all the info very accurate.

In fact, while at the hospital this week for Bill's daughter's surgery, I was in the waiting room with a father and daughter waiting for the news on the wife/mother who was in the O.R. having a THR.

We were there for 3 hours and got to talking, and as it turns out, the dad had a TNR in January. I immediately told them about BoneSmart and I am sure they will all be lurking about in no time.

In any event, I would be scared if I had to have this done again, but had I not been so unfortunate in the first place, with all I've heard from everyone else on here, the THR surgery has changed just about everybody's life in a very positive way.

I, too, no longer suffer from the dreaded pain of OA. That is totally gone, and what a blessing. So, if you have been putting it off, odds are you will be one of the lucky ones that sails through this.

Go for it!

Keep on truckin girlie - you are in a better place now than you were a year ago and just imagine how good you'll feel this time next year :thumb:
xoxxoxoxoxo
Linda

Thanks for such an encouraging message, Janet!! Especially when I can imagine how discouraging it must be at times when things are not smooth sailing. Hope you keep feeling better and better!

Aw Janet - you have had quite a journey. Yes there are those of us who have not had an easy recovery. But I so admire you for hanging in there and continuing the fight toward a resolution.

You are one determined lady! Keep at it. Your time is here!

Janet.....you have put such a positive spin on the challenges you have been through. I sincerely hope this next year is a thousand times better and that you can celebrate next year by dancin' in the streets!!! God bless you, hon!

It's took you longer Janet but you have got there in the end, I'm sure your next year will be one to remember.

You sound like you are doing really good Janet.. x x x

Hey girl, how are you? Long time :friends:... You're almost a year now too Peg. How has it turned out? I remember you had a rather rough beginning as well.

I'd love to hear how you are doing as I'm sure would others. Please give an update at some point, won't you? Good to hear from you :yay:...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Tallguy51
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom