O.K. I'm at 7.5 wks. and hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

alpha
Country
United States United States
I'm not having a pitty party right now. I'm just darn hurting. These last three days that deep ache has really been jumping on me. I thought I was about to be able to cut back on pain pills but heck no. I didn't do anything today but ice and watch t.v. and it still aches like crazy.
Those of you ahead of me, did you go through a different phase of recovery that hurt more?

I'm a week ahead of you and I've had the deep ache (DA) all weekend, too. The damp weather got me Friday...the bone cutting wind got me yesterday...and although I walked longer than I thought I could, today, on concrete....I've ached for the last few hours. I'm all percocettedddd up...can't you tell?...I'm a chatter box....have been posting for over an hour! Somebody was telling my husband that percocet makes you talk a lot....he said..."it's hard to tell with Patti...she never shuts up anyway!"

I've ached this weekend too but we had a blizzard in Ohio this weekend so I blamed it on that and feel I could easily replace the weatherman when the barometer drops.
I told my therapist I thought I had tkr to stop my knee from predicting the weather but he said that while we heal we will still feel the change in weather. All I have to say is YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cathy

Doug, Im almost 4 months post TKR. I still "ache" but Im not in pain any more, and Im able to live almost normal. It will go away, trust me! Let me tell you something, at 7.5 weeks I still thought I was going to die, and I was cursing myself and the Doctors for deciding on a TKR! Honestly, I think your right where you are supposed to be. I have read that you are very active and dilligent in your exercises. Im not a Doctor but comparing my case to yours and others here....your right on time!

Now Im working on my lower back problems due to the unstable gait I had with the bad knee....thanks God for epidural injections and the occasional pain pill I take when needed!

Godspeed,
Chuck

I'm not having a pitty party right now. I'm just darn hurting. These last three days that deep ache has really been jumping on me. I thought I was about to be able to cut back on pain pills but heck no. I didn't do anything today but ice and watch t.v. and it still aches like crazy.
Those of you ahead of me, did you go through a different phase of recovery that hurt more?

I still have the deep ache every day, I am at just over 8 weeks, my PT said this weather will affect it, we also had severe snow storm yesterday, about 18 inches snow yesterday. I had to watch Kevin shovelling this morning, I balled my eyes out as I couldn't help him I was worried, he has asthma and is quite a big guy. Luckily our neighbour came over with his snowblower and blewwout the two and a half foot snow pile at the end of the drive the plough has caused and also did the path and the lower part of the drive, Then we had our son come and help him finish!! I can't wait for spring, I hope to be able to cut the lawn by then!!

At 7.5 weeks I was still in pain and aching almost constantly. Somewhere around 10.5-11 it all started to change. Hang in there. It will get better, I promise. When in pain, praise God that you were able to have a knee replacement and that you can share in His suffering. It helped me, anyway.

God bless!

Those were just exactly the responses I needed to see. Thank you all. I guess I better plan on the continued refills.

Doug, I took pain pills pretty steadily up through 12 weeks, and then I just didn't need them anymore after that. At 4 months and 3 weeks, I am feeling weather changes as mentioned by nearly everyone here, but now Extra Strength Tylenol is enough to deal with that. Hang in there! Sue

Just got back from the Dr's office see my new thread I just started...I'm fired up now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88