Nana Moon's Pre op thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear the pain is bad. I hope the scenery is a good distraction.

Oh it's fabulous. Actually had a sunny Bank holiday Monday xxx

As regards the knee I am walking as much as I can xxx bizarrely I still have muscle wastage n the left which had started to build. I can't understand it x I'm doing the exercises I should. I cannot understand it xxx

Love Nana moon 27 XX

Catch you when I can xxx

Even with the exercises the what im effect is a major reduction in movement ofmthe muscle from everyday life walking. Lucky you with weather although well deserved. X

Legin THR Sep 14

Hi @Nana moon 27
I guess that although you are walking as much as you can, you have to walk in such a way that not all of the usual muscles are used?

It must be weird the second time. Might be easier because you know what to expect but at the same time still a huge deal. You will be running up Cader Idris in no time! x

Hey girly. U prob like me lol got the wobble or as my kids say the duck walk. It's quit comical to me. Makes me laugh. But it's true.

But unless there in my or your legs it's way I or you walk to compensate the other leg.And it's comfort to us. Funny how docs or people say the way we walk causes more pain. Which it may.These knees is gotta work as I tell anyone. I need my life.

But I can't wait to get mine done. I'm scare to. U know what scare me most. 1 sugary thinking it's all good then revision. It's in back of mind. BUT U MUST NOT BE AFRAID... U GOT THIS. U WILL DO JUST FINE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TELL THE STAFF HOW TO HELP U.... Cause your experience. Hey they may come in the room and u will be setting up (or squating) or maybe stand by wall knee bent stretching. Or jumping rope in the gym. Or maybe dancing up/down hallways. Telling them sorry I did my Pt for the day. . I'm am being silly. But think of it this way. U will have your life beck. U got this..

But it's worth the wait for you. U probley antsy or nervous. It's well deserved. U have waited long enough. U know what to expect this time. It will be easier. And I am praying for you. I know you can do it.

Heck by this time or before u will be running up mountains,rock climbing, and doing jumps from the floor;-) dancing or you will be teaching us how to do professional excerise. Or what ever you once was able to do. And the blasted knees decided they would hold you back. (Dreams) just think of it as I can. I will and it's all done yay me. U will do better. This sight has helped me a lot.

Seriously though u are strong. U as well as me have had set backs and failed sugury and a redo. It may have took us longer to heal and get mobile. But least we can say. I did it on my own time. I did not slack. I knew my limits. I did all I could in the ALLOUD time. I may have went over time. But I knew not to Push or over due it. But slowly I am on the right path. My knees may have got me down for a while. But I stepped up,I know what to expect. And I will do it.

I told my knees I've had enough set backs know your going to listen to me. (But I will listen to you during healing) I am getting my life back its a work in progress. I want to do fun stuff,there is house hold stuff I need to do,there is kids,grands I need to be there for.All of them.

U know everyone that has a knee replace has a testimony of recovery.
But the ones who have had revisions or other sugury do to. We as anyone else can be an inspiration to people. As I've said before. By reading your post. Among others. It's been a bit of peace in my mind.

I hope you are having a great time on vacation. It's well deserved. Takes the fright out of sight. You should post some pics... Resting well and planning what you want to do the min u are able to be mobile.

I don't know if u did this. Set a goal or something you really wana do bad. But you knees set you back. And would not allow you to do it. Think of a hobby or special thing you could not do.

I did so, I think what is helping me with recovery. I was not able to go tent camping or trail hiking last year. And it made me sad. I went but kids and hub had all the fun. I did some stuff but not what I want.
I said to my self. I will go camping this summer. And each exercise gently it in progress. Sorry post that. Just sharing something that is helping me...

Sending lots of happy thoughts your way hugs,prayers

I want to thank you for talking to me alsesys being a positive person. I think by reading happy post it makes a world of difference.

Remember this; I don't think I can. I know I can.

Best of luck. Xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1430830796.781163.jpg

Blessings (hugs) Happy Happy thoughts.

Thank you all for the lovely encouraging posts. The weather the last couple days has been torrential rain and strong winds. Struggling accessing this site as signal is weak xxx

Knee is hating the damp aaaarrgghhh xxx not for too much longer.

@hopefaith this is my new preop thread at the bottom is the link to the other.

Hope you're all ok love Nana moon 27 xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry the knee-in-waiting is being such a nuisance. It won't be long until it gets its turn at surgery.

I hope you're enjoying the change of environment, though.

Hi @Nana moon 27
It has been really windy here too, hope you can't hear it too much in the caravan! Good plan to stay there til your pre op. Hope you have peace and a bit better weather soon x

Hey lady. Hope your doing well. And having a great time.
And enjoying self and getting pampered... U deserve it.

Plus getting u some dance,hike,skate,roller blade,rock climbing,ski,run,shoes. Or any other kind you may need for your well deserved future.

Good things come to those who wait. And u have been waiting long enough... You will be running down the hall dancing jumping after your knee. I'm being silly(:)-))

Hope both your knees is behaving;-)

Mine well they both been grounded and put on restrictions till further notice lol. They been bad.

Look forward to speaking with you...

@hopefaith this is my new pre op thread.

Been walking every day but I am somewhat washed out. I couldn't even go to aquacise because I just don't have the energy. I'm forcing the walking. I have to try to keep muscle strength up.

Weathers been diabolical and made my bones hurt. Still not for much longer XX

Thats the way hope pain wasnt tooo bad tho

Legin THR Sep 14

I don't live too far from you. And I agree about the weather, it has made my bones hurt, and my muscles. Seem to seize up in the icy winds

Not too long to go now @Nana moon 27 . Agree. The weather last night here was dreadful and it doesn't encourage exercising at all. Hope you are feeling positive about your surgery. This will soon be a distant memory for you and you'll be back enjoying life to the full x

Not to long. Think positive girly. Sorry you not been able walk good. It's hot in ky. Going to be hitting 80-90 degrees. I love the weather.
But I'd love it more if I could enjoy it with out pain. Xxxx Pretty soon after you push through recovery. You will be pain free.. And can enjoy the things you have not been able to do lately.

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015

Hi @Nana moon 27
How are you managing without your medication pre op? It has been a long haul for you but pre op assessment for you in a few days and op in 19 days! You have had to be strong but you are near the homeward stretch.

We have had little snippets of sun but before I get used to it its cloudy again. At this point I wish I were in a hot country. My hip never responded to the weather which is just as well in the UK.

Look after yourself x

Hi @Nana moon 27 Sorry you've been feeling tired and muscle-tired too! The wind does take it out of you. Not long now and you'll be a new person - all over again!

Hi ann. Just found your new thread. Almost time. Wishing you less anxiety and a wonderful speedy recovery again!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014

Hey Nana checking in on you... Hope that your doing ok. Getting closer. Xxxx hope your having fun.

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal