BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE RECOVERY THREAD ONLY IS PREFERRED. PLEASE DON'T START ADDITIONAL THREADS ABOUT YOUR RECOVERY.

Moving country 12 weeks after THR

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by Fee, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fee

Fee New Member

I'm new here and hoping someone can offer some advice. I am 30 years old and scheduled for a hip replacement at the end of May in Northern Ireland. I have just accepted a new job in England, starting on the 1st September and am concerned that I may be trying to move too soon after it. My future employers currently are unaware of this as I have just accepted the post and no contracts have been exchanged or any health forms filled in. There is a possibility of a post in Northern Ireland in that I have an interview for one, but consensus among friends seems to be that I am worrying over nothing and I will be absolutely fine. Has anyone experienced moving so soon after surgery (including finding somewhere to live, actually moving and starting and settling into a new job?).

2. Josephine

Josephine Forum Admin and Mother Hen Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well, it should be just about doable but what are your alternatives? Can you delay the move at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.