May Marvelettes 2012 - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello my name is judy and i will be having right hip replacement on may 2. very surprised just had both knees last year. i am kind of scared to tell the truth. knees were not easy but got through them hope this one is a little better

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to wish everybody good luck on their upcoming surgery this month. I hope you have a comfy nap during the process and are a zero on the pain scale while you are in the hospital -- I had both, too!! :thumb:

Take care and see you on the "other side"
Cardie

Hello to all the May hippies to be, just wishing you good luck and I will be watching out for you on the post op side...

Hugs xx

Hi to all!

This is my first forum and I think it is the greatest! I am new! I wish I had known about it before I had my LTHR on March 20th, it is nice to communicate with "hippies" that have understanding about how we are feeling and what we are going through daily. I was 50% weight bearing on a walker for 6 weeks and my "pet peev" was when I was walking with my walker with someone ( unmentioned :what:) naturally I walked slow with the walker they would say to me "take your time":hysterical: what did they think I was going to do "SPRINT" :hissyfit: I heard it so many times!

I requested that they refrain from saying that after my RTHR:sigh:
My RTHR is scheduled for May 10th, ( a little anxious)

I am looking forward the forum and sharing, thank you for listening!

I am new here and read a bit on here a month ago. I am getting RTHR on May 10th. I wish I had some pain meds this week before but oh well. My right knee is killing me also now that I have stopped the Celebrex. I just watched the video of the surgery and it looks a lot less worse that I pictured in the past. I am ready to work and play pain free.

Welcome to the BoneSmart family ProTex1, great that you have found us:)

May 10 will come around soon and you will be so surprised at how pain free you will be and work and especially play pain free will be high on your agenda.

There are list of informative articles in the Library, which can be found as a drop down on the grey navigation bar at the top of the page. But please don't hesitate to come back with any specific questions you may have.

We are here to support and encourage you through your surgical and recovery journey. :) :thumb:

Hugs xx

Scheduled for my "bionic"parts on May 30th. Scared and excited all at the same time. So ready to be rid of the constant pain.

Hi Ricbak1, welcome to BoneSmart :)

If ok with you, I will tag a Mod to move you to the Knee Forum as you are on the Hip Pre Op side :)

@Jaycey: - thanks Jaycey

Welcome to the BoneSmart family JillMoore, great that you have joined us.

We have an extensive library of information ( drop down on the grey navigation bar, top of page)... lots of reading to help you prepare for the surgery, handy hints and tips and then lots for post surgery.

Would you like to start up your own thread and tell us a bit about yourself? You will find lots of members will be popping by to chat with you that way :)

Once again, welcome :)

Hi JillMoore, just thought I would check in to see how you are doing.. I know you surgery is towards the end of May and that is fast coming..

Perhaps you would like to start a thread of your own in the Pre Op side and share your journey so far.

Also, there is a wealth of information in the Library, which can be found off the grey navigation bar, top of page. :)

Scheduled for my "bionic"parts on May 30th. Scared and excited all at the same time. So ready to be rid of the constant pain.

Hi Jill -
We are surgery buddies, mine is May 29th for a knee.

You have a great attitude about it. Wishing you the best on your surgery day!:thumb:

May 16th for me here. Left THR due to AVN.

Looking forward to being able to walk without pain. Big problem I have right now is I haven't been able to take Ibuprofin for the last few days, and my hip yells at me every time I move.

A big welcome JohnHurst!

And I feel for you not being able to move without pain, we forgot how much we rely on pain meds until not able to use them.

All the best on your upcoming surgery on Wednesday. :thumb:

Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing after the surgery!
We do care!

John

Welcome to the BoneSmart family, great you have joined us.

Yes, it is tough having to give up the meds prior to surgery, but only a few more days.. The 16th is coming around fast :)

Once again, welcome.

There is lots of good articles in the library, which can be found off a drop down on the grey navigations bar at the top of the page.. Come back with any questions you may have, we love to try to answer them :)

Total hip replacement scheduled for May 3t0th. Scared to death, but feel better reading these posts. The one thing that really got my blood pressure flowing was when at the surgeons office he wanted to know WHY I HAD WAITED SO LONG to get this surgery. Am I missing something here. I've been jumping through medical hoops since 2008 to have something done about the pain. Has anyone else had this lecture?

I feel your pain JillMoore--talking about being scared to death. My RTHR is now less than 36 hours away...very scared, but also looking forward to getting my life back. I know we'll both do great. :)

Hi JillMoore, Chahl and Vikemike, just wanted to wish you all good luck.

The nerves are very normal, but you will be fine. Just focus on no bone on bone pain and recovering your quality of life back :)

I Will be looking out for you on the post op side...

Shingles!!!

I have a very painful rash on one side of my face and I am pretty sure it is shingles. I guess it quite common to show up after a spinal surgery'(had both a lumbar and a cervical fusion)

Here is my question...I am schedualed to visit my primary care Dr. tomorrow for pre-op clearence..for the 31st..Will the THR still be possible??:hairpulling:

I know I should be posting on the Post-op side now (Yeah!!!), but I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for their words of encouragement... and to add a few of my own.

8 days post-op here, and I feel great. not running marathons yet, but I'm moving around the house like a champ. Two-story house at that. Overall pain level is MUCH lower than it was pre-op, and I'm pretty much off the prescription pain meds at this time. Back on the ibuprofin, but a lot less than I was gobbling down before the surgery.

For anyone having the pre-surgery jitters, I feel for you - I really do. Just know that you come out the other side in a far, far better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads