July 22nd Hip Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT25

Country
United States United States
Finally, Having my hip replaced Tuesday Posterior approach. A little worried about post op dislocation.
Thanks for any info and experience.

PT25

Welcome to BoneSmart @PT25 ! I was more worried about post op than the actual procedure. I also had posterior THR. Honestly, if your follow your restriction you will be just fine. The the restrictions are not hard to follow. My hip just didn't want to move past the 90 degree point and if I twisted in any way my hip complained.

Have a read in our Library about recovery. Spend some time in the hip recovery area as well. Lots of stories to follow. I look forward to following your recovery as well! Be sure and join the July hip group. You have lots of company this month!

@PT25 , I deleted your duplicate thread. No need to start a new thread. Just reply and post on this one for now.

Hi and welcome to the forum @PT25 Dislocation is sure a concern but if you check the ling that Jaycey put up for you it will answer a lot of questions. I am two weeks post op today and to be honest it is easier than I thought it would be to keep the 90 degrees with that leg. As Jaycey said - your hip will complain if you do anything you shouldn't with it.
All the best to you and please feel free to ask any questions or vent your frustrations to us here. We have either been through it or will go through it.
Take care and I look forward to reading all about your recovery

My date is August 4. I had my hip class yesterday and the PT said the only dislocations she's seen have been on much older patients who were very confused and unable to follow precautions.

I am eight weeks THR tomorrow and also was concerned with undoing the good of the surgery. Honestly, no matter what style procedure I think everyone should take precautions for the first month or two regardless. They are easy to follow and frankly the first several weeks as I regained strength, I moved slow anyway. The precautions are just that but I found easy to follow and still try to observe some I'd them even though I feel really very good and been back to work and normal life for four weeks. Best of luck but I didn't think it was half as bad as what I made it out in my mind to be :)

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads