TKR Jazzy4564's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @gr82cu2 and @Jamie! It's 4:00 a.m. here and I can happily say I slept for 4 hours tonight! I know it's not much but it's the longest sleep I've had at one time since I was released from the hospital. I'm sure I will be ready for a nap in a couple hours.

@Jazzy4564 Hubby was on Norco at first but it didn't work as good, so they put him on the Percocet. It worked pretty well, but he hated the way it made him feel. Lack of energy is a very common thing that will stay with you for awhile, make sure you get enough protein to help with the healing and energy. Take it easy and don't overdo it.

Four hours is nothing to sneeze at! I do hope you are taking your pain meds on schedule during the night. They really only last about 4 hours and that's likely why you woke up.

@gr82cu2, Hi there! I haven't been online much but thanks for asking about me. I'm doing very well I think. I had my follow up appointment with my OS last Tuesday and got my staples removed. The last of the steri strips fell off today. I'm keeping up with my exercises at home and go to PT three days a week. My husband got my recumbent bike from our bonus room so I'm able to ride it as well. I've been able to make full rotations since last week. I'm still not sleeping very well but I know that is common and will hopefully straighten out as well. I ran the vacuum yesterday and have been doing laundry and some light cooking. I actually got out of the house today and went to my daughter's Lia Sophia jewelry party. She lives over an hour away and I did pretty well in the car. I'm hoping to be driving in about a week. All in all, everyone tells me I'm doing great! I'll check your thread to see how you are doing.

You sound like you are doing great. Fantastic update!

@Jazzy4564 Wow! I'm so happy for you! You are doing just great, it sounds like to me. How fun to be able to go to your daughter's jewelry party. I've been to those before. They have really nice things.

I haven't tried my bike yet. I just don't think I'm quite there yet. But, you go girl! Congratulations!

Hi everyone! I am 5 weeks out today. Things are progressing well but of course not as quickly as I would like. I still have numbness and some pain in my knee and it's still very stiff. I know these are very common complaints. One thing I've noticed is that the side of my right foot is partially numb. It starts by my ankle and runs up to my pinkie toe. I'm going to ask my OS about it next week at my 6-week check up but wondered if anyone else has experienced his. Thanks!

Definitely ask about that numbness. I haven't had that but occasionally my foot tingles a little bit. I figure it's from nerve damage. Either that or my legs being up so much and pressure on my calves. Who knows? Glad you checked in Jazz!

@gr82cu2, I'm doing well. Just some numbness in my foot I was asking the group about. My PT didn't think this was normal. I haven't posted for awhile but I check BS from my phone at night while trying to fall asleep so I've been reading your thread and glad to hear you are doing pretty well. Michelle from Ortho was my PT last year too. She was a nice lady. I have one more PT session Friday then my 6-week check up on Tuesday. Hopefully I can quit going to PT and just continue with my exercises at home. I'm hoping my sleep gets straightened out before I go back to work in 2-3 weeks. I'm still taking prescription pain meds. The Norco at night and Tramadol during the day if needed. I know we can't rush our recovery but boy I wish I felt a little better.

Yes, I noticed we posted at the same time, lol. I forgot to mention my calf is sore and tender to the touch so it's hard for me to get the elevation. My PT measured my ROM at 126 today and extension was almost to zero. She seems pleased with my progress.

Cheryl

@Jazzy4564 You and madinana are both having calf problems. Don't recall anyone mentioning foot numbness but it could be from a nerve that was damaged. Maybe you could lie on your side and elevate it with pillows that way? You ROM is very good! Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Sounds like you are doing great!!!! I also had weird feelings in my foot this time around. When I went in the shower the water hitting the top of it felt horrible and tingly. It has stopped so hope that's the case with you.

All the best in your recovery!!!

Michelle from Ortho was my PT last year too. She was a nice lady.
Yes! I like her very much and will request her when I have my other knee done in November.

I'm a little concerned about the numbness in your foot and tenderness still in your calf. Hope it's not a blood clot. My shin bone is still quite tender, like a bone bruise.

126 Rom is fantastic! Good for you :) Keep in touch and let us know what you find out at your 6 week appointment.

@gr82cu2 and @Jazzy4564 the home nurse said that a way to test for a blood clot is with your leg straight out in front of you bend your toes toward your tummy. If the calf has intense pain get it checked.

I called this morning and talked to a nurse. She said it wasn't uncommon to have tingling in my foot but I will definitely talk to the doctor about it on Tuesday. I also told her about my calf pain and she scheduled me to have an ultrasound in the morning. I'll let you know what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom